ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thai partner refused by uk.. Now want use eire passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pumpjack
Newly Registered
Ireland

Thai partner refused by uk.. Now want use eire passport

Post by Pumpjack » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:21 am

Hi
Im with thai partner 4 yrs now, shes been refused twice by uk embassy.... Now im from belfast, will soon go to work in london earn good wages.
question 1....can i use my irish passport for irish visit visa but still use a uk north ireland address, what embassy deals with this if posdible.
Question 2....since im going uk to work. Lomdon... Should i just perservere work hard have decent funds in bank etc and then try another uk route visa application...
Seems uk are very strict.. They refused her twice even thouvh shes not a bar worker,, shes lived with her previous partner in sweden 6 mths x 2 times and returned to thailand within her time limit... Ihad my 2 bed rented home etc though i was on i capacity benefit due to renal failure, but im hopei g for trans plant soon. Im on the call lust atm...then ill be able to work again,, usually offshore earn good money...
All i want in this world is my girlfriend to live out the rezt of our lives together......
Uk ambassy said tgey were concerned she would return home which i call utter nonsense...
Help please ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ

nisi
Ireland

Re: Thai partner refused by uk.. Now want use eire passport

Post by nisi » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:03 am

As you're an Irish Citizen (from NI), I think your partner entitled to apply for a Brexit-agreement EU settlement permit to join you in the UK https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/apply- ... rn-ireland

nisi
Ireland

Post by nisi » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:04 am

oh, but if you're unmarried, you'd have to have been living together for a significant period...

nisi
Ireland

Post by nisi » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:10 am

Pumpjack wrote: โ†‘
Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:21 am
question 1....can i use my irish passport for irish visit visa but still use a uk north ireland address, what embassy deals with this if posdible.
An Irish Visa is only valid for entry into Ireland. Someone with only an Irish Visa cannot legally cross the border from Ireland to Northern Ireland. I can't imagine the Irish state would issue a Visa to join a partner who doesn't live in the state. Obviously there's little to stop them walking across the border, but they would be living in the UK illegally.
Question 2....since im going uk to work. Lomdon... Should i just perservere work hard have decent funds in bank etc and then try another uk route visa application...
Might well work. You also have the option of marriage + spousal application under EU settlement scheme as noted above...