ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How the BLR and passport are mapped to each other?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stitaprajna

Hold ILR. Planning to visit UK just before 2 year period ending to keep the ILR valid

Post by stitaprajna » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:44 pm

I have an ILR/PR/BRP.
Recently renewed my home country passport.

I have been away from UK since 25th Feb 2019 and could not visit UK due covid situations.
Planning to visit UK just before 25th Feb 2021 to keep my ILR active.
Will there be any issue during immigration as it will be almost 2 years?

I plan to stay for just 1 or 2 weeks this time. Will the duration of my stay be an issue?
Can I book return ticket for 1-2 weeks as per my plan?

Many thanks for any help.
Stit
Many Thanks,
Stit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Hold ILR. Planning to visit UK just before 2 year period ending to keep the ILR valid

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:47 pm

Your dates are not correct that you have posted.

There have been flights.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

stitaprajna

How the BLR and passport are mapped to each other?

Post by stitaprajna » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:52 pm

I do not see the passport details on the BRP.
How the immigration officers map it to allow the entry? Do they just use biometric info?
If passport details are used, what happens when the passport is renewed ?

Kindly help.
Many Thanks,
Stit

stitaprajna

Re: Hold ILR. Planning to visit UK just before 2 year period ending to keep the ILR valid

Post by stitaprajna » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:24 pm

stitaprajna wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:44 pm
I have an ILR/PR/BRP.

I have been away from UK since 25th Feb 2019 and could not visit UK due covid situations.

I plan to stay for just 1 or 2 weeks this time. Will the duration of my stay be an issue?

Stit
Apologies for the incorrect dates. Please read 25th Feb 2019 as 25th Feb 2020. Thank you.
Many Thanks,
Stit

stitaprajna

Post by stitaprajna » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:47 pm
Your dates are not correct that you have posted.

There have been flights.
Apologies for the wrong dates. It was 2020 instead of 2019. Thanks for pointing it out.
Many Thanks,
Stit

stitaprajna

Post by stitaprajna » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:46 pm

stitaprajna wrote:
I have an ILR/PR/BRP.

Stit
Admin/moderator - plz could you delete this thread? I will repost with correct dates to avoid confusion. Apologies. Thank you.
Many Thanks,
Stit

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:51 pm

stitaprajna wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:46 pm
stitaprajna wrote:
I have an ILR/PR/BRP.

Stit
Admin/moderator - plz could you delete this thread? I will repost with correct dates to avoid confusion. Apologies. Thank you.
Post don't get deleted, this is explained in the rules guiding the forum.

secret.simon

Re: How the BLR and passport are mapped to each other?

Post by secret.simon » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:24 pm

Similar questions have been asked in the past. Moderator @Zimba has given detailed explanations.

Simply put, short visits do not keep ILR alive.
stitaprajna wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:52 pm
I do not see the passport details on the BRP.
How the immigration officers map it to allow the entry? Do they just use biometric info?
If passport details are used, what happens when the passport is renewed ?
IT systems?

When you enter the UK, you would hand over the BRP and the passport to the Immigration Officer. They would scan both of them into the system.

Also, presumably you will submit details of your passport and BRP to the airline as a part of the Advanced Passenger Information, which is then passed onto the immigration authorities of the country you are flying to, in this case, the UK Border Force.
stitaprajna wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:46 pm
As mentioned correctly by @AmazonianX, posts are not deleted. The correction in the thread is visible to all who wish to respond.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

stitaprajna

Post by stitaprajna » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:15 pm

Thank you for all the replies.

Just correcting all the dates below.
stitaprajna wrote:
I have an ILR/PR/BRP.

I have been away from UK since 25th Feb 2020 and could not visit UK due covid situations.
Planning to visit UK just before 25th Feb 2022 to keep my ILR active.

I went through this post and very useful to know.
secret.simon wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:24 pm
Similar questions have been asked in the past. Moderator @Zimba has given detailed explanations.

Now, I am in a very difficult situation. I spent lot of money in getting the PR and due to series of medical emergencies of family members I had to travel to home country and could not get back due to Covid lockdown.

Struggled hard to make arrangements to visit for one week in end of Jan 2022. Plan is to visit for one week and return now and then in few months get back to the UK, find a job and carry on in the UK.
My wife and kids are British but they have moved to home country in 2019 and may continue in home country for 5 to 10 more years.

This being my personal circumstance, what is the best option?

Would it be best to book one way ticket to the UK now and only after reaching the UK book the return ticket ?

What happens if PR is not honored?
What happens if entry is denied?

Will the immigration officers understand if I explain my personal circumstance.

Please help me. Thank you.
Many Thanks,
Stit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:27 pm

If you are in India, as your previous posts suggest you are a citizen of, there have been many opportunities and flights to return to the UK in the last two years.

Given that your whole British family have moved with you, it is indicative that you had no intention of remaining in the UK post ILR being granted.
You would then have no UK status and will be sent back to India.
You will be sent back to India.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

stitaprajna

Post by stitaprajna » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:43 pm

Thank you for the answers.

Suppose that I don't travel this time and my BRP expires.

What visa I can apply to enter the UK for work if I am visiting alone?
What visa I can apply if we are moving back to UK along with my family in coming years? I understand the rules can change in future but just want to know what it is based on current rules.
Many Thanks,
Stit

stitaprajna

Post by stitaprajna » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:27 pm
If you are in India, as your previous posts suggest you are a citizen of, there have been many opportunities and flights to return to the UK in the last two years.

Given that your whole British family have moved with you, it is indicative that you had no intention of remaining in the UK post ILR being granted.
Though my family had moved back to home country in June 2019, my plan was to continue in UK and I was in UK till Feb 2020 and was applying for jobs. I had few job offers and was about to join one. But, unfortunately, had to travel back to home country few times on medical emergencies of family member and then got stuck in lockdown and further such medical emergencies and lockdown implications.

I can provide information regarding reason for my time away from UK.
Many Thanks,
Stit

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:49 pm

stitaprajna wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:40 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:27 pm

Though my family had moved back to home country in June 2019, my plan was to continue in UK and I was in UK till Feb 2020 and was applying for jobs. I had few job offers and was about to join one. But, unfortunately, had to travel back to home country few times on medical emergencies of family member and then got stuck in lockdown and further such medical emergencies and lockdown implications.

I can provide information regarding reason for my time away from UK.
The explanations provided understood, opinions are offered based on understanding and previous experience (noting that no 2 applicants experiences and or outcomes guaranteed to be the same). Decision lies with HO personnel that deals with whichever application you make or courts decision if it gets to that point.

stitaprajna

Post by stitaprajna » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:17 pm

Thinking of taking a chance. It will be very painful if entry is denied though :(

May be I should have taken the British passport when it was easy for me !
Many Thanks,
Stit