ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation issue

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pakeuone
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalisation issue

Post by pakeuone » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:30 pm

Hi
All I have been introduced to this site by a friend I wish I had been aware of this site from before that would have saved me so much confusion and stress.

I am in a stupid situation and need your advice and suggestion help... please read my story below any advice suggestion are thanked in advance.

I came to this country as a student when I was about 17 from India and my passport was valid for 5 years as i was underage and the main problem was my parents made it and it had many mistakes like my date of birth and name was the other way around however them being old school they didn't mind and told me to carry on its only a difference of 1 digit and your name is there but just not in the correct order.

so i carried on with that passport and came to the uk and few years later i met my partner from eu in london and we got married had kids and applied for eu residence card on my same indian passport got eea2 and then meanwhile I attain her country's eu citizenship.

when i attain eu citizenship my birth certificate had the right name and date of birth. so the eu country allowed me to correct the mistake in eu passport and gave me citizenship with right details.

when that came through i applied for New Ni number thinking my old one is not going to be valid as i am citizen of a eu country now and recorded my self-employment on that for the last 5 years (last week I informed the HMRC about my blunder and they are sorting it out and will get back to me) and applied for permenent residence based on my last 5 years and was granted.

now i want to apply for naturalization with my eu settled status but home office also know me as Indian with eea 2 that to on wrong details (that i ended up with due to my old school parents) and if i tell them now its my right details are this and prove them with my degree and birth certificate how would the home office treat it ?

what if they simply say its deception ? im so stressed and confused i dont know how to deal with this now please advice ?

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation issue

Post by London22 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:03 pm

pakeuone wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:30 pm
Hi
All I have been introduced to this site by a friend I wish I had been aware of this site from before that would have saved me so much confusion and stress.

I am in a stupid situation and need your advice and suggestion help... please read my story below any advice suggestion are thanked in advance.

I came to this country as a student when I was about 17 from India and my passport was valid for 5 years as i was underage and the main problem was my parents made it and it had many mistakes like my date of birth and name was the other way around however them being old school they didn't mind and told me to carry on its only a difference of 1 digit and your name is there but just not in the correct order.

so i carried on with that passport and came to the uk and few years later i met my partner from eu in london and we got married had kids and applied for eu residence card on my same indian passport got eea2 and then meanwhile I attain her country's eu citizenship.

when i attain eu citizenship my birth certificate had the right name and date of birth. so the eu country allowed me to correct the mistake in eu passport and gave me citizenship with right details.

when that came through i applied for New Ni number thinking my old one is not going to be valid as i am citizen of a eu country now and recorded my self-employment on that for the last 5 years (last week I informed the HMRC about my blunder and they are sorting it out and will get back to me) and applied for permenent residence based on my last 5 years and was granted.

now i want to apply for naturalization with my eu settled status but home office also know me as Indian with eea 2 that to on wrong details (that i ended up with due to my old school parents) and if i tell them now its my right details are this and prove them with my degree and birth certificate how would the home office treat it ?

what if they simply say its deception ? im so stressed and confused i dont know how to deal with this now please advice ?
It is not a deception .Just tell them your EU citizenship & correction on it .They won't make a storm in a teacup.You seem overreacting & worrying for nothing.

pakeuone
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pakeuone » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:01 pm

'Thanks for your reply. @ London22

Because of the papers work and silly repeated questions its so confusing and I just find it difficult dealing with it.

So you suggest I should just write a covering letter and explain to them that I have an EU citizenship and I was given the opportunity to correct the mistake in my name and date of birth and put it in order ?

it is really as straightforward as that !

Has anyone else had similar experiences ? can some more experts shed some light on my situation pls I am planning to apply soon.

Thanks.

pakeuone
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pakeuone » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:01 pm

'Thanks for your reply. @ London22

Because of the papers work and silly repeated questions its so confusing and I just find it difficult dealing with it.

So you suggest I should just write a covering letter and explain to them that I have an EU citizenship and I was given the opportunity to correct the mistake in my name and date of birth and put it in order ?

it is really as straightforward as that !

Has anyone else had similar experiences ? can some more experts shed some light on my situation pls I am planning to apply soon.

Thanks.

pakeuone
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pakeuone » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:07 pm

can some more gurus shed some light on this topic please.