ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 year visitor visa uk

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iamwellandgood
Newly Registered
India

2 year visitor visa uk

Post by iamwellandgood » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:40 am

Hello all,

I am planning to apply for a 2 year visitor visa to the UK. My daughter is a British citizen living with her family and 2 kids. She and my son in law are self employed and they will be sending the invitation.

I'm self employed teacher in India with a running registered business and I pay my taxes on time. I live with my son and his family here in India. I like to visit places during the off term.

I have previously traveled to Germany, France, Switzerland in 2019 and to the UK in 2020 and never overstayed in any country.

I wanted to know if I'm eligible to apply for a 2 year visitor visa to the UK since i have only traveled there once on a 6 months visitor visa. I'm 50 year old and have no plans to stay permanently in the UK. I have enough funds to show and maintain myself during my trip. The reason for a 2 year visa is to avoid the waiting times of a visitor visa, which is currently 2 months in India.

Any advise would be appreciated! :)

Brazos
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 2 year visitor visa uk

Post by Brazos » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:17 am

iamwellandgood wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:40 am
Hello all,

I am planning to apply for a 2 year visitor visa to the UK. My daughter is a British citizen living with her family and 2 kids. She and my son in law are self employed and they will be sending the invitation.

I'm self employed teacher in India with a running registered business and I pay my taxes on time. I live with my son and his family here in India. I like to visit places during the off term.

I have previously traveled to Germany, France, Switzerland in 2019 and to the UK in 2020 and never overstayed in any country.

I wanted to know if I'm eligible to apply for a 2 year visitor visa to the UK since i have only traveled there once on a 6 months visitor visa. I'm 50 year old and have no plans to stay permanently in the UK. I have enough funds to show and maintain myself during my trip. The reason for a 2 year visa is to avoid the waiting times of a visitor visa, which is currently 2 months in India.

Any advise would be appreciated! :)
Yes you can, my parents from Pakistan visited UK on six months visitor visa in 2018. My wife sponsored them on a simple invitation letter signed by her as daughter in law and we attached our bank statements.
This year they successfully applied for a 5 year visitor visa so yes you can apply for a two year visit visa definitely, provided you satisfy all other requirements which I think are that you'll return to your home country after the visit.