ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Poorly father, wife visa query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dreamray
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Poorly father, wife visa query

Post by dreamray » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:31 am

Good Morning,

Hoping to get some guidance here..

My father is very unwell, has lived in Hong Kong for the last 20 or so years with his Filipino wife. He's unable to get the care he needs over there, let alone the freedom of access via wheelchair, and we (my sisters and I) think that the UK would be the best place for him. My question is, what is the situation re. his wifes' rights to live in the UK? Would she need a visa, would this be relatively straight forward? They have a daughter here who studied in Edinburgh and now lives in Wales, if this makes any difference?

Advice very welcome, thank you.

secret.simon

Re: Poorly father, wife visa query

Post by secret.simon » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:16 pm

Does your father have BN(O) status? If not, what visa route are you looking at for him?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Poorly father, wife visa query

Post by manci » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:23 pm

It is very difficult to get an adult dependent relative visa. Read this:
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/adult ... t-relative

If your father has a BNO passport there may be another route for him and his wife to come to the UK:
https://www.gov.uk/british-national-overseas-bno-visa
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice