ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: Haven't received IHS reference number

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pmcinnes
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Work permit during spouse visa extension

Post by Pmcinnes » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:40 pm

Hi there,
I am hoping someone from this forum can help me with my question.
I will be applying for my spouse visa extension on January next year as my current visa is ending on the 22nd Feb 22. In case my visa isn't sorted by Feb, will I still be eligible to work whilst I wait for the renewed BRP? Is there a written policy which I can share with my employer?

Also, my employer provides PDF version of payslips via emails. Do I still have to request for a stamped copies of the same?

Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Work permit during spouse visa extension

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:53 pm

Pmcinnes wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:40 pm
Hi there,
I am hoping someone from this forum can help me with my question.
I will be applying for my spouse visa extension on January next year as my current visa is ending on the 22nd Feb 22. In case my visa isn't sorted by Feb, will I still be eligible to work whilst I wait for the renewed BRP? Is there a written policy which I can share with my employer? Yes you will be eligible, employer to use the service provided by HO for the purpose.
https://www.gov.uk/check-job-applicant-right-to-work

Also, my employer provides PDF version of payslips via emails. Do I still have to request for a stamped copies of the same? PDF acceptable, no need for stamped copies.

Thank you.

Pmcinnes
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pmcinnes » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:04 am

Many thanks for your prompt response. Just one quick question related to my brp card. My brp had to be re-issued after changing my surname, which means the start date on my old brp card is different to the one given on the current brp. The former brp card has the following details:
Date of issue: 15/05/2019
Valid till: 20/02/22

Whilst the latter document shows:
Date of issue: 30/06/ 2020
Valid till:20/02/22

Which date of issue should I mentoin on my application? I am concerned that if I mention 30/06/20, then it does cover the whole 2.5 years.

Pmcinnes
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pmcinnes » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:04 am

Many thanks for your prompt response. Just one quick question related to my brp card. My brp had to be re-issued after changing my surname, which means the start date on my old brp card is different to the one given on the current brp. The former brp card has the following details:

Which date of issue should I mentoin on my application? I am concerned that if I mention 30/06/20, then it does cover the whole 2.5 years.

Pmcinnes
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pmcinnes » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:43 pm

Pmcinnes wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:04 am

Which date of issue should I mentoin on my application? I am concerned that if I mention 30/06/20, then it doesn't cover the whole 2.5 years.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:02 pm

The date of the first card!

UKVI do also have your full immigration record.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pmcinnes
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pmcinnes » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:02 pm

Thank you so much for your prompt response. May I also please seek your advise on whether I can submit my spouse visa extension application this December? I entered the U.K on 10/06/2019 and if I have done my maths right then I should complete my 2.5 years on 10/12/21. I was warned to apply for an extension only within 28 days of visa expiry date. I have been getting mixed responses from different sources which has left me confused.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:31 pm

Pmcinnes wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:15 pm
CR001 wrote:

Thank you so much for your prompt response. May I also please seek your advise on whether I can submit my spouse visa extension application this December? I entered the U.K on 10/06/2019 and if I have done my maths right then I should complete my 2.5 years on 10/12/21. I was warned to apply for an extension only within 28 days of visa expiry date. I have been getting mixed responses from different sources which has left me confused.
You are eligible to apply for your extension of spouse visa FLRM since 12/11/2021 till the expiration of your current leave.

Pmcinnes
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pmcinnes » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:59 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:31 pm
Pmcinnes wrote:
CR001 wrote:

You are eligible to apply for your extension of spouse visa FLRM since 12/11/2021 till the expiration of your current leave.
Thanks. Apologies for asking another question. When my partner and I applied for my spouse visa the first time around, we had to submit our original bank statements with official bank stamp and the employer letter had to be posted to us as we were informed that any documents sent via emails will not be accepted. Do we still have to furnish all the documents the same way?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:58 pm

Pmcinnes wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:59 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Pmcinnes wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thanks. Apologies for asking another question. When my partner and I applied for my spouse visa the first time around, we had to submit our original bank statements with official bank stamp and the employer letter had to be posted to us as we were informed that any documents sent via emails will not be accepted. Do we still have to furnish all the documents the same way?
Online/electronic bank statements that resembleswhat you would normally get by post are acceptable. Same goes for other documents so far duly issued under correct authority and verifiable.

Pmcinnes
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pmcinnes » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:50 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:58 pm
Pmcinnes wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:59 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Pmcinnes wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Online/electronic bank statements that resembleswhat you would normally get by post are acceptable. Same goes for other documents so far duly issued under correct authority and verifiable.
That's great. Thank you.

Pmcinnes
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR(M) online application- UK NARIC

Post by Pmcinnes » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:40 pm

Hello everyone,
I am currently completing my spouse visa online application and under English language proficiency, I will be submitting my UK- NARIC (Ecctis) visa and nationality statement. It seems the questionnaire have massively changed over the 2.5 years. Whilst filling up the form, I have provided the following responses to the questions:

English language
Do you have a degree that was taught in English?
Yes

Does your degree meet the English language requirement for this visa?
Yes

Country your degree was taught in
India

Please let me know if I have selected the right answers.

The final question in this section is where I am struggling . The two options given to me to proof the degree was taught in English are either degree certificate or official transcript or letter. Which one do I select? It doesn't give me another option to select uk naric letter.

Your inputs will be deeply appreciated.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) online application- UK NARIC

Post by TODMATT » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:55 pm

That sound alright. Select a degree and in your checklist, you will get an option for ECCTIS letter.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Pmcinnes
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) online application- UK NARIC

Post by Pmcinnes » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:07 am

TODMATT wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:55 pm
That sound alright. Select a degree and in your checklist, you will get an option for ECCTIS letter.
Thank you, that's a relief.

Pmcinnes
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR(M) extension accommodation and other queries

Post by Pmcinnes » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:11 pm

Hi there,
I am slightly confused with what evidence to support our accommodation claim. My husband and I have lived in the same rented property since the last time my leave to enter visa was approved. The issue is the council tax payment bill doesn't reflect my name on it. It is only shows my husband's name. We have reported this to the council which could take a lot of time to sort out. Since the original tenancy agreement was only for six months, hence it not the most up-to-date version. We, however do have a 'No objection letter' from our landlady who is aware that I live in the property with my husband. Whilst filling in the online application, I have opted the following answer for these questions:
Do you own or rent your home?
'I rent'
Who do you rent from?
Privately
How much rent do you pay each month? My husband and I split the rent and transfer my half to his bank account. Do l have to enter the total rent or just my share of the contribution?

The application further states the following:
You only need to provide this evidence if:
You are exempt from meeting the income threshold
You are responsible for some housing costs such as rent, mortgage or council tax.

I will provide:

Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live

For example, a tenancy or mortgage agreement

Evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK
This evidence is not needed but is preferred. You must check this box even if you are not giving this evidence to show that you have understood this.

Do I have to tick both boxes even though I may not be able to produce the council tax document in case they ask for it?

Will just submitting the letter from our landlady will enough to proof my claim of living in our current rented property?

Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you. 😊

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) extension accommodation and other queries

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:17 am

Pmcinnes wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:11 pm
Hi there,
I am slightly confused with what evidence to support our accommodation claim. My husband and I have lived in the same rented property since the last time my leave to enter visa was approved. The issue is the council tax payment bill doesn't reflect my name on it. It is only shows my husband's name. We have reported this to the council which could take a lot of time to sort out. Since the original tenancy agreement was only for six months, hence it not the most up-to-date version. We, however do have a 'No objection letter' from our landlady who is aware that I live in the property with my husband. Whilst filling in the online application, I have opted the following answer for these questions:
'I rent'
Who do you rent from?
Privately
How much rent do you pay each month? My husband and I split the rent and transfer my half to his bank account. Do l have to enter the total rent or just my share of the contribution?

You are responsible for some housing costs such as rent, mortgage or council tax.

I will provide:

Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live

This evidence is not needed but is preferred. You must check this box even if you are not giving this evidence to show that you have understood this.

Do I have to tick both boxes even though I may not be able to produce the council tax document Yes tick it as per the above paragraph quoted in case they ask for it?

Will just submitting the letter from our landlady will enough to proof my claim of living in our current rented property? There are the 6/12 items of correspondence or letters to show as evidence of cohabitation.

Pmcinnes
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pmcinnes » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:42 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:17 am
Pmcinnes wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:11 pm
Hi there,
'I rent'
Who do you rent from?
Privately

I will provide:

Do I have to tick both boxes even though I may not be able to produce the council tax document Yes tick it as per the above paragraph quoted in case they ask for it?

Will just submitting the letter from our landlady will enough to proof my claim of living in our current rented property? There are the 6/12 items of correspondence or letters to show as evidence of cohabitation.

I have 12 items of correspondence or letter to show as evidence of cohabitation, sorry if my question wasn't clear , what I meant was what are the chances of the case worker asking for the council tax document as a proof of living in the rented property. We just have a no objection letter from the landlady, will just submitting this piece of information be enough? Also, my husband and I split the rent between us and I transfer my share into my husband account. So under how much rent do I pay, should I write the whole rent or just my share?

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:47 am

I don't think anyone can give you the probability of the CW asking for the said document or not. Though at this FLRM point, NOC is not required but you may submit it.
Write the amount you contribute which you transfer and I presume it reflects in the account statements you are submitting. Then In additional notes state the full rent and indicate the amount you contribute by transfer which CW can see in account statements.

Pmcinnes
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pmcinnes » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:26 pm

Thank you for your response and sorry for being a pain by asking so many questions. I may be overthinking here, but I very worried that the council tax letter may be considered as a mandatory document. So I will be submitting only a No Objection letter from our landlady as a proof of accommodation. We also have a six- month tenancy agreement which my husband signed when he first moved into the property. As the contract was only valid for 6 months, not sure if it will help. We are expecting a very delayed action from our local Council authorities to send the letter with both our names on it. This makes me rather nervous.

As for the cohabitation proof, we have gathered 12 correspondence.

Again, I will be deeply thankful if someone from this forum can share experiences where their FLR(M) extension visa was approved without submitting the council tax letter/document.

Pmcinnes
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Urgent: Haven't received IHS reference number

Post by Pmcinnes » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:07 pm

Hi
After paying my IHS fee for my FLR(M) visa on the 14/12/2021, I received a transaction confirmation email basically stating that my payment was processed. However, the email reads 'On completion of your IHS application you will also be emailed a copy of your IHS reference number, which you will need for your immigration application'. The strange bit is, I simply followed all the steps on the online UKVI application and it led me to the section where I filled out the IHS application and then it directed to the payment page, which was successful. The amount has been deducted from my bank account, yet I haven't got my IHS reference number. Now I am worried that I have done something wrong. Can some please advise? Has anyone from this forum had similar issue? I have already submitted my application form. PLEASE HELP!!!!! :cry:

Pmcinnes
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent: Haven't received IHS reference number

Post by Pmcinnes » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:03 pm

Pmcinnes wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:07 pm
Hi
After paying my IHS fee for my FLR(M) visa on the 14/12/2021, I received a transaction confirmation email basically stating that my payment was processed. However, the email reads 'On completion of your IHS application you will also be emailed a copy of your IHS reference number, which you will need for your immigration application'. The strange bit is, I simply followed all the steps on the online UKVI application and it led me to the section where I filled out the IHS application and then it directed to the payment page, which was successful. The amount has been deducted from my bank account, yet I haven't got my IHS reference number. Now I am worried that I have done something wrong. Can some please advise? Has anyone from this forum had similar issue? I have already submitted my application form. PLEASE HELP!!!!! :cry:
Please ignore my cry for help. Found the IHS reference number on my application.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:05 am

Pmcinnes wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:03 pm
Pmcinnes wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:07 pm
Hi
Please ignore my cry for help. Found the IHS reference number on my application.
8)

Farahz
Newly Registered
India

Post by Farahz » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:01 pm

Pmcinnes wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:26 pm
Thank you for your response and sorry for being a pain by asking so many questions. I may be overthinking here, but I very worried that the council tax letter may be considered as a mandatory document. So I will be submitting only a No Objection letter from our landlady as a proof of accommodation. We also have a six- month tenancy agreement which my husband signed when he first moved into the property. As the contract was only valid for 6 months, not sure if it will help. We are expecting a very delayed action from our local Council authorities to send the letter with both our names on it. This makes me rather nervous.

As for the cohabitation proof, we have gathered 12 correspondence.

Again, I will be deeply thankful if someone from this forum can share experiences where their FLR(M) extension visa was approved without submitting the council tax letter/document.
Hey there, i am in same situation as you....did you get sny response on council tax?? Plz share the info with me that will be really helpful

Pmcinnes
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Pmcinnes » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:21 pm

Hi Farah,
We received the joint council tax letter right on time, so I submitted it. Awaiting decision now.

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:53 pm

Hi Pmcinnes
Congratulations. just saw that your decision has come through. :)

One question: did you wait for the email from UKVI to book your biometric appt at the centre? Did you go for physical appt or through UKVI IDV app?

Thanks
P