ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Docs enquiry

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Docs enquiry

Post by VirtualWaver » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:50 pm

Hi All,

Hope you all are doing well.

I am going to apply for naturalisation soon (non-EU ILR) and have the following questions please:

1. For absences, do I need to provide any travel tickets/receipts to show the dates I was away from the UK, or providing my current and old passports with the stamps is enough? Do I need to include a letter with description on where each stamp is in my new and old passports or they will figure it out themselves?

2. A stupid question - I know Life in the UK test doesn't expire, but I used my old BRP as a proof of identity when was taking it and it says so on the certificate As I don't have that BRP (replaced with ILR), its not an issue, correct?

3. What other docs should I provide apart from my old and new passports, ILR BRP, Life in the UK test and my Master's degree? Any payslips, proof of address, etc? Thanks.

4. I will need to keep my ILR BRP to proof my child is a British citizen from birth for her future passport applications, etc - how do I do this? Do I need to write to HO separately or include this request in the application form / cover letter?

Thanks and take care!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Docs enquiry

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:58 am

VirtualWaver wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:50 pm
Hi All,

I am going to apply for naturalisation soon (non-EU ILR) and have the following questions please:

1. For absences, do I need to provide any travel tickets/receipts to show the dates I was away from the UK, or providing my current and old passports with the stamps is enough? Do I need to include a letter with description on where each stamp is in my new and old passports or they will figure it out themselves? No - explanations are not needed, just list your trips.

2. A stupid question - I know Life in the UK test doesn't expire, but I used my old BRP as a proof of identity when was taking it and it says so on the certificate As I don't have that BRP (replaced with ILR), its not an issue, correct? correct

3. What other docs should I provide apart from my old and new passports, ILR BRP, Life in the UK test and my Master's degree? Any payslips, proof of address, etc? Thanks. OK - only the passport(s) covering the residency period are required. Payslips etc not required.

4. I will need to keep my ILR BRP to proof my child is a British citizen from birth for her future passport applications, etc - how do I do this? Do I need to write to HO separately or include this request in the application form / cover letter? others to comment on this.

Thanks and take care!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:07 am

4. You were already given advice about this when you asked previously!!

british-citizenship/baby-birth-from-ilr ... l#p1969478
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:19 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:58 am
VirtualWaver wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:50 pm
Hi All,

1. For absences, do I need to provide any travel tickets/receipts to show the dates I was away from the UK, or providing my current and old passports with the stamps is enough? Do I need to include a letter with description on where each stamp is in my new and old passports or they will figure it out themselves? No - explanations are not needed, just list your trips.

2. A stupid question - I know Life in the UK test doesn't expire, but I used my old BRP as a proof of identity when was taking it and it says so on the certificate As I don't have that BRP (replaced with ILR), its not an issue, correct? correct

3. What other docs should I provide apart from my old and new passports, ILR BRP, Life in the UK test and my Master's degree? Any payslips, proof of address, etc? Thanks. OK - only the passport(s) covering the residency period are required. Payslips etc not required.

4. I will need to keep my ILR BRP to proof my child is a British citizen from birth for her future passport applications, etc - how do I do this? Do I need to write to HO separately or include this request in the application form / cover letter? others to comment on this.

Thanks and take care!
Thank you so much! Very helpful!

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:19 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:07 am
4. You were already given advice about this when you asked previously!!

british-citizenship/baby-birth-from-ilr ... l#p1969478
Arghh, sorry about this CR001! I absolutely forgot, my bad!