ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child dependent of student

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jaango123
Newly Registered
India

child dependent of student

Post by jaango123 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:22 pm

Me(dependent) and my spouse(student) are in UK and our leave to enter expires on November 2022. Our child is in India who was born before the studies started. If we have to bring our child during Post study visa period

Does the child should be present in UK as a child dependent of the student during the Post study application? This means we have to process his Tier 4 student child dependent visa and make sure hen enters UK before November 2022. Is this right?

Can we process his Post study Visa after November 2022 without even processing tier 4 student child dependent visa which means he can enter after November 2022?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: child dependent of student

Post by ywlgy » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:41 pm

The child needs to apply for Student dependent visa and come to the UK before they can apply for Graduate dependent with you.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

lakshmi_nareen
Newly Registered
India

Re: child dependent of student

Post by lakshmi_nareen » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:17 pm

You are not allowed to bring any dependents on a PSW unless they are already in the UK and apply along with you here.