ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for First British Passport after naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hass15
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Applying for First British Passport after naturalisation

Post by Hass15 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:07 pm

Good evening, my application for naturalisation is successful and will be attending the citizenship ceremony early Jan, and now thinking of getting everything ready to apply for my first British passport after getting the naturalisation certificate. However when looking at the published guide, it states that I need to send them my passport I used to enter the UK. I don't have a passport and was brought in on the VPRS UN program using temporary foreign doc that has been taken away from us when landed in the UK back in 2014, so not sure what to do now! Has any had a similar issue to me? i.e. applying for first British passport and getting it without sending them old (other nationality passport)? Any advice or lessons learnet from past experience?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Applying for First British Passport after naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:43 pm

What ID document did you use for naturalisation? Do you have a UK Travel Document?
If you have a TD you send that to HMPO and explain in a covering note why you don't have a passport.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

prs
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by prs » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:27 am

As far as I know and read on this forum, you can send them your Naturalisation certificate with a covering letter.

Hass15
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hass15 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:27 pm

Thanks guys, I think that's the only option, just submitting the naturalisation certificate with a cover letter explaining my circumstances should be fine then.
Thank you both.