ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU3 Timeline for Non-Eu family Members of British Citizens

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pal80uk
Ireland

Re: EU3 Timeline for Non-Eu family Members of British Citizens

Post by pal80uk » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:56 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:40 am
pal80uk wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:48 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:37 pm
EU 3: Application
Applied via email: 1st Feb 2021 (Never received by INIS)
Applied via Post: 4th Feb 2021
Application Received: 5th Feb 2021
Email Acknowledgement: 22nd Feb 2021 (after chasing them via email for acknowledgement)
Postal Acknowledged: Never Received
Approval: October 1st, 2021

Planned for journey since 2013 when I was in the UK. What a journey. Thanks to all forum members for all your contributions. Special call outs to @obie, @littlerr, @noajthan.

People who are waiting, don't lose hope and wish you all the best!!!
Hi Raja, congrats on your approval.
I am also in the process of applying EUTR3 for my parents, and was wondering if you could share list of documents you submitted as part of the application for guidance.
Also
1) Do I need to photocopy passports, bills, employment contracts etc single sided, or can these be double sided?
2) regarding employment, should I give name and address of my accountant (as I have set up my own limited company) or should I share name and address of client organisation I am working with, and with whom I dont share any contractual terms? My Ltd company invoices go to a recruitment firm, whom I am contracted with through my Ltd company, and who in turn charge the client organisation. All my day to day reporting and line management is with client organisation though as if I am their direct employee - except for payroll and leave.
4) what documents should I supply for (parents) - Evidence of dependence on the EU citizen; should I provide bank statements for the last 6 months to cover this requirement?
I am not really clear on what documents I should provide for this other than bills and statements.
5) Evidence of residence in the state, already requests utility bills and rental/ ownership docs - could these also form part of - evidence of dependence of EU citizen or do we need to provide something else?
6) Can we still apply online for EUTR3 or is this postal only from now on?
Thanks in advance.

or if anyone else has any experience on above, please do share your guidance on this too. thank you!

Thanks.

I just followed the check-list in the below link:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Explanat ... -EUTR3.pdf

1. Yes to all (Passport all pages both the applicant and sponsor). I printed single side

2. I am not 100% sure as I am employed directly by an employer. I suppose whoever can verify that you are an employee.

4. Bank Statement is fine. I would include a cover letter explaining how I am paying their bills. You don't need anything else

5. Utility bills and rental/ ownership docs is fine. Point 4 covers evidence of dependancy. Evidence of residence is to prove that you both are living in the same place.

6. I recommend applying only via Post. Dont waste your time emailing the application though they accept email applications now. You would still need to post the application anyways even if you apply via email.

The leaflet is very clear that I have given you.

All the best!
Thanks for your reply.
I tried opening link, but this does not open my end anymore.
I know they have discontinued this website and only using new https://www.irishimmigration.ie/ .
I tried searching this document on new website, but to no avail, but luckily I had this downloaded before and will review again as advised for list of documents.

Regarding dependency, we have joint bank account, which is also my salary account and we use this for day to day expenses and for paying all direct debit bills etc.
1) For dependency - are previous 6 months bank statements sufficient, or do I also need to supply 1 statement each for previous 5 years too (1x5=5 statements + recent 6 months)?
2) regarding utility bills, is this strictly gas / electric or can I also supply broadband bill too?
3) do I need to provide copies of bills for all 12 months for previous 5 years (12x5=60 bills), or 1 each for previous 5 years sufficient (1x5=5 bills).
4) regarding employment, are copies of P60s for previous 5 years, current employment contract with 2 recent payslips sufficient? or do I also need to provide previous job contracts too in addition to above?
in total I had 4 different job contracts in last 5 years.
5) Letter from mortgage provider - can I supply copy of the original mortgage letter from bank confirming ownership which was issued 3 years ago? or do I need to request latest confirmation letter from bank to re-confirm this again?
Thanks a mil!

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:28 pm

pal80uk wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:56 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:40 am
pal80uk wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:48 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:37 pm
EU 3: Application
Applied via email: 1st Feb 2021 (Never received by INIS)
Applied via Post: 4th Feb 2021
Application Received: 5th Feb 2021
Email Acknowledgement: 22nd Feb 2021 (after chasing them via email for acknowledgement)
Postal Acknowledged: Never Received
Approval: October 1st, 2021

Planned for journey since 2013 when I was in the UK. What a journey. Thanks to all forum members for all your contributions. Special call outs to @obie, @littlerr, @noajthan.

People who are waiting, don't lose hope and wish you all the best!!!
Hi Raja, congrats on your approval.
I am also in the process of applying EUTR3 for my parents, and was wondering if you could share list of documents you submitted as part of the application for guidance.
Also
1) Do I need to photocopy passports, bills, employment contracts etc single sided, or can these be double sided?
2) regarding employment, should I give name and address of my accountant (as I have set up my own limited company) or should I share name and address of client organisation I am working with, and with whom I dont share any contractual terms? My Ltd company invoices go to a recruitment firm, whom I am contracted with through my Ltd company, and who in turn charge the client organisation. All my day to day reporting and line management is with client organisation though as if I am their direct employee - except for payroll and leave.
4) what documents should I supply for (parents) - Evidence of dependence on the EU citizen; should I provide bank statements for the last 6 months to cover this requirement?
I am not really clear on what documents I should provide for this other than bills and statements.
5) Evidence of residence in the state, already requests utility bills and rental/ ownership docs - could these also form part of - evidence of dependence of EU citizen or do we need to provide something else?
6) Can we still apply online for EUTR3 or is this postal only from now on?
Thanks in advance.

or if anyone else has any experience on above, please do share your guidance on this too. thank you!

Thanks.

I just followed the check-list in the below link:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Explanat ... -EUTR3.pdf

1. Yes to all (Passport all pages both the applicant and sponsor). I printed single side

2. I am not 100% sure as I am employed directly by an employer. I suppose whoever can verify that you are an employee.

4. Bank Statement is fine. I would include a cover letter explaining how I am paying their bills. You don't need anything else

5. Utility bills and rental/ ownership docs is fine. Point 4 covers evidence of dependancy. Evidence of residence is to prove that you both are living in the same place.

6. I recommend applying only via Post. Dont waste your time emailing the application though they accept email applications now. You would still need to post the application anyways even if you apply via email.

The leaflet is very clear that I have given you.

All the best!
Thanks for your reply.
I tried opening link, but this does not open my end anymore.
I know they have discontinued this website and only using new https://www.irishimmigration.ie/ .
I tried searching this document on new website, but to no avail, but luckily I had this downloaded before and will review again as advised for list of documents.

Regarding dependency, we have joint bank account, which is also my salary account and we use this for day to day expenses and for paying all direct debit bills etc.
1) For dependency - are previous 6 months bank statements sufficient, or do I also need to supply 1 statement each for previous 5 years too (1x5=5 statements + recent 6 months)?
2) regarding utility bills, is this strictly gas / electric or can I also supply broadband bill too?
3) do I need to provide copies of bills for all 12 months for previous 5 years (12x5=60 bills), or 1 each for previous 5 years sufficient (1x5=5 bills).
4) regarding employment, are copies of P60s for previous 5 years, current employment contract with 2 recent payslips sufficient? or do I also need to provide previous job contracts too in addition to above?
in total I had 4 different job contracts in last 5 years.
5) Letter from mortgage provider - can I supply copy of the original mortgage letter from bank confirming ownership which was issued 3 years ago? or do I need to request latest confirmation letter from bank to re-confirm this again?
Thanks a mil!

Following is what I disclosed:

1. Evidence of identity
For the applicant:
• Copies of all pages of passport
• Two passport-size photos of the applicant
For the Sponsor:
• Copies of all pages of passport
• Two passport-size photos of the Sponsor
2. Evidence of relationship with the Sponsor
Dependent parent in the ascending line of the Sponsor:
• Sponsor’s Birth Cert
3. Evidence of dependence on the Sponsor
• Copy of Ireland bank statements jointly with the Sponsor and the applicant (for 5years)
4. Evidence of activities in the state for the last 5 years of the Sponsor
Sponsor is in employment and copies of the following documents are provided:
• Current and previous employment letter
• Two recent payslips
• P60 (From 2015) and Employment Detail Summary (from 2019)
5. Evidence of residence of applicant and Sponsor in the State
We are renting and copies of the following documents are provided:
• Letters of Registration of each Tenancy from the Private Residential Tenancies Board (all address we lived )
• Utility bill jointly with the applicant and the Sponsor (5 years)

Please google "eu3 permanent residence explanatory leaflet" and click on the fist link, it should open.

Page 6 give all the documents check-list:

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... -form3.pdf

Dont sent original. If you dont have any main bills, send what you have. The department will ask you for documents if they are not satisfied with what you give them.

Keep things simple and straightforward.

All the best!

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:07 pm

Thank you so much again, could you please respond to below as well, so I understand correctly (copied from my previous msg):
We have joint bank account too, which is also my salary account and we use this for day to day expenses and for paying all direct debit bills etc.
1) For dependency - shall I supply copies of bank statements for all 12 months for 5 years (12x5=60 statements) or only 1 for each of the previous 5 years (1x5=5 statements + recent 6 months)?
3) shall I provide copies of bills for all 12 months for previous 5 years (12x5=60 bills), or 1 each for previous 5 years sufficient (1x5=5 bills).

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:06 pm

1. 1 for each year
2. I would give gas or electricity if not broadband should be fine
3. 1 for each year
4. Copy issued 3 years ago is fine. Do make sure you provide 1 proof for each address you resided in the past 5yrs.

All the best!

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:33 pm

Thank you.
Just found this text for naturalisation applications, where they request below:
https://www.gov.ie/en/service/e2fab-req ... residence/

"You must send us 3 different documents for each year you claim you were resident here to use as proof of residence."

I was going to supply docs for EUTR3 based on this, should I ignore it, as it only relates to naturalisation applications?
thanks

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:39 am

pal80uk wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:33 pm
Thank you.
Just found this text for naturalisation applications, where they request below:
https://www.gov.ie/en/service/e2fab-req ... residence/

"You must send us 3 different documents for each year you claim you were resident here to use as proof of residence."

I was going to supply docs for EUTR3 based on this, should I ignore it, as it only relates to naturalisation applications?
thanks
Correct. You can ignore for EU3.

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:15 pm

[/quote]

Correct. You can ignore for EU3.
[/quote]

Thank you for taking time to reply to my queries, really appreciate your help!

Jeanleblanc
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Jeanleblanc » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:32 am

Hi All,
I just want to inform that I received the EU3 PR approval for 10 years. I applied in May 2020 and got twice temporary extension.

On the letter it says to email Burgh Quay office for an appointment or go online. I tried to email burg quay office but got an instance reply that the email address doesn’t exits anymore.

So I tried to go online but was very confused.

please advise if I need to begin a new application?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards
Jean

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:25 pm

All
I have applied for EUTR3 permanent residence card today.
I will update with progress when I have further update.

Applied via email: 13/12/2021
Applied via Post: 13/12/2021
Application Received: awaiting confirmation
Email Acknowledgement: awaiting
Postal Acknowledged: pending
Temporary Extension: Pending
Current stamp (Article 50TEU) valid until - Apr 2023.

Are there any recent updates from anyone else?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:36 pm

pal80uk wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:25 pm
All
I have applied for EUTR3 permanent residence card today.
I will update with progress when I have further update.

Applied via email: 13/12/2021
Applied via Post: 13/12/2021
Application Received: awaiting confirmation
Email Acknowledgement: awaiting
Current stamp (Article 50TEU) valid until - Apr 2023.

Are there any recent updates from anyone else?
Im still waiting for a flippin appointment at my local Garda station. Requested on 5th of November n still waiting.

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:43 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Now that Ihv already applied.
How long shall I wait, before following up with them for an update.
Should I wait first 2-3three months?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:53 pm

pal80uk wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:43 pm
Thanks for the reply.
Now that Ihv already applied.
How long shall I wait, before following up with them for an update.
Should I wait first 2-3three months?
I think it would take at least a month. I would follow up after a month.

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:58 pm

ok thanks.

Also our 5years will be up in Mar2022 (date from the initial temp stamp4).
do you know if non-EU family member can apply for citizenship in parallel from Mar2022 onwards?

or would we have to wait until EUTR3 is approved first?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:02 pm

pal80uk wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:58 pm
ok thanks.

Also our 5years will be up in Mar2022 (date from the initial temp stamp4).
do you know if non-EU family member can apply for citizenship in parallel from Mar2022 onwards?

or would we have to wait until EUTR3 is approved first?
You can apply parallel from March 2022.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:29 pm

I applied for my mother on November 8.

Applied via Post: 08/11/2021
Application Received: 09/11/2021
Current stamp (Article 50TEU) valid until - Jul 2022

Regards,
Zeeshan

luba12
Ireland

Post by luba12 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:47 pm

zahmed05 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:29 pm

Regards,
Zeeshan
Hi, just need to know can you apply 8 months early as you stated your card will expire Jul 2022 do you mind sharing your date you expiry as Mine ends 28/09/22 but I asked many people and solicitors they say you can only apply 6 months before expiry of your Stamp 4 (Article 50TEU) card but i think you applied 8 months. If you could please share some of your experience as I am in similar boat thanks in advance bro 😊

luba12
Ireland

Post by luba12 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:51 pm

luba12 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:47 pm
zahmed05 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:29 pm

Regards,
Zeeshan
Hi, just need to know can you apply 8 months early as you stated your card will expire Jul 2022 do you mind sharing your date you expiry as Mine ends 28/09/22 but I asked many people and solicitors they say you can only apply 6 months before expiry of your Stamp 4 (Article 50TEU) card but i think you applied 8 months before. Can I apply in Jan 2022 which is 8 months or wait till March 2022 which is 6months. I got my first Temp Stamp 4 in May17 If you could please share some of your experience as I am in similar boat thanks in advance bro 😊

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:04 am

Hi,

My mother was given first temporary stamp in November 2016 and eu3fam in Jul 2017. I moved to Ireland in October 2016 so technically she completed 5 years on a stamp in November 2021 and hence I applied. Although her stamp is expiring in Jul, she can apply EU3 after spending 5 years on a valid stamp.

luba12
Ireland

Post by luba12 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:20 am

zahmed05 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:04 am
Hi,

My mother was given first temporary stamp in November 2016 and eu3fam in Jul 2017. I moved to Ireland in October 2016 so technically she completed 5 years on a stamp in November 2021 and hence I applied. Although her stamp is expiring in Jul, she can apply EU3 after spending 5 years on a valid stamp.
Hi, thanks for you reply you are right in your way but I asked same question to everyone but all of them said you will have to wait till 6 months before expiry of your current permit EUfam etc not based on temp stamps I am confused myself did you get information of someone before applying please don’t take me wrong I hope she gets it quick all i want to do is figure out so I can apply as early as I can rather than waiting as they are taking time these days.
One more thing did you apply online by email or post as I saw on there website it says they don’t take post until end of jan 22

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:56 am

Hi
Does anyone know if British citizen can apply for Irish citizenship after completing 5 years in Ireland?
or do they need to apply for Registration certificate first or anything else (maybe Permanent residence first?) before they can apply?

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:04 am

luba12 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:20 am
zahmed05 wrote:
Hi,

Hi, thanks for you reply you are right in your way but I asked same question to everyone but all of them said you will have to wait till 6 months before expiry of your current permit EUfam etc not based on temp stamps I am confused myself did you get information of someone before applying please don’t take me wrong I hope she gets it quick all i want to do is figure out so I can apply as early as I can rather than waiting as they are taking time these days.
One more thing did you apply online by email or post as I saw on there website it says they don’t take post until end of jan 22
In My case, article 50 TEU expires in Apr 2023. I applied this month Dec 2021, based on her first temp stamp 4 on Mar 2017.
furthermore, I think we can apply 6 months in advance for EUTR3 applications, i.e. after 4.5years - but still based on 5 year residence in the state.

I am sure others will correct me if I misinterpreted this?

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:46 pm

luba12 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:20 am
zahmed05 wrote:
Hi,

Hi - can you please share the link? I applied by post and of course have not heard anything back. As she has completed 5 years already, and it's taking months to process applications, I don't think they can ask us why I applied 8 months before the expiry of her stamp instead of 6.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:48 pm

pal80uk wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:56 am
Hi
Does anyone know if British citizen can apply for Irish citizenship after completing 5 years in Ireland?
or do they need to apply for Registration certificate first or anything else (maybe Permanent residence first?) before they can apply?
British Citizen can apply based on 5 years residence and don't need any registration certificate or confirmation of PR.

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:02 pm

ok thanks.
Also will it affect non-EU citizen application for EUTR3, if I applied for citizenship before them.

Should I wait until non-EU dependent receives EUTR3 approval and then maybe citizenship as well, and then apply?

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:16 pm

As far as I know, it will not impact their EU3 application as you will be naturalised in probably two years' time considering current timelines.