ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU3 Timeline for Non-Eu family Members of British Citizens

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

luba12
Ireland

Re: EU3 Timeline for Non-Eu family Members of British Citizens

Post by luba12 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:32 pm

zahmed05 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:46 pm
luba12 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:20 am
zahmed05 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:04 am
Hi,

My mother was given first temporary stamp in November 2016 and eu3fam in Jul 2017. I moved to Ireland in October 2016 so technically she completed 5 years on a stamp in November 2021 and hence I applied. Although her stamp is expiring in Jul, she can apply EU3 after spending 5 years on a valid stamp.
Hi, thanks for you reply you are right in your way but I asked same question to everyone but all of them said you will have to wait till 6 months before expiry of your current permit EUfam etc not based on temp stamps I am confused myself did you get information of someone before applying please don’t take me wrong I hope she gets it quick all i want to do is figure out so I can apply as early as I can rather than waiting as they are taking time these days.
One more thing did you apply online by email or post as I saw on there website it says they don’t take post until end of jan 22
Hi - can you please share the link? I applied by post and of course have not heard anything back. As she has completed 5 years already, and it's taking months to process applications, I don't think they can ask us why I applied 8 months before the expiry of her stamp instead of 6.
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/eu-trea ... 19-update/

I could be wrong please correct me if you can
So you think there is no harm in applying 8 months before So I SHOULD GE AHAED AND APPLY EARLY WHAT YOU THINK ?

luba12
Ireland

Post by luba12 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:32 pm

zahmed05 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:46 pm
luba12 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:20 am
zahmed05 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:04 am
Hi,

My mother was given first temporary stamp in November 2016 and eu3fam in Jul 2017. I moved to Ireland in October 2016 so technically she completed 5 years on a stamp in November 2021 and hence I applied. Although her stamp is expiring in Jul, she can apply EU3 after spending 5 years on a valid stamp.
Hi, thanks for you reply you are right in your way but I asked same question to everyone but all of them said you will have to wait till 6 months before expiry of your current permit EUfam etc not based on temp stamps I am confused myself did you get information of someone before applying please don’t take me wrong I hope she gets it quick all i want to do is figure out so I can apply as early as I can rather than waiting as they are taking time these days.
One more thing did you apply online by email or post as I saw on there website it says they don’t take post until end of jan 22
Hi - can you please share the link? I applied by post and of course have not heard anything back. As she has completed 5 years already, and it's taking months to process applications, I don't think they can ask us why I applied 8 months before the expiry of her stamp instead of 6.
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/eu-trea ... 19-update/

I could be wrong please correct me if you can
So you think there is no harm in applying 8 months before So I SHOULD GE AHAED AND APPLY EARLY WHAT YOU THINK ?

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:15 pm

Based on your temp stamp timelines in other threads (first temp stamp in 5/2017 and current stamp valid till 09/22) earliest you can apply is on 03/22. As you have not completed 5 years and you still have 9 months stamps, you cannot apply early.

In my case, my mother had already completed 5 years on valid stamps when I applied for EU3.

Seniors can correct but above is my understanding of law.

Re application, I'll research and come back. I guess we can still apply via post.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:33 pm

One can apply after 5yrs completion in Stamp 4 TEU Card or 6 months before expiry of Stamp 4 TEU Card whichever comes first. We applied 7 months before coz 5yrs was completed in Stamp 4 7 months before the expiry of Stamp 4 TEU Card and we got the approval.

I personally recommend not to apply for EU3 by email as it is a waste of time and energy coz you need to post the application anyways. Department always accepts postal applications.

Hope it helps.

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:10 pm

Thx Zeeshan, also for naturalisation, on website it states:
Make sure you keep your immigration registration up-to-date (with no gaps) during your residence. If not, your application for citizenship could be deemed ineligible.

Time gaps between stamps or permissions, could mean you were in the State illegally.

I am confused with this text and wondering if this will affect me.
My initial temp stamp4 was valid until Mar 2018 only. I requested extension from INIS, but they never responded to my requests. But soon after in Apr 2018, they finally issued my EUFAM stamp4 and card issued in May2018.

It was due to INIS that I now have gap between initial stamp 4 and EUFAM stamp4 of approx 2months. I did my best to avoid this and played my part by requesting extension in advance, but INIS ignored my requests.

Now will the citizenship team see this as me being illegal in the country for those 2 months, where INIS did not respond to my requests for extension?
Is there anyone else in the same situation as mine and any advice?

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:43 pm

This is really valid concern but as delay was due to INIS, you can present these grounds with naturalisation application and this should be fine according to best of my knowledge. However, you will have to ensure that you spend 5 years on valid stamps with no gap in last 365 days before the application. Essentially, the two months you spent without stamps, will be deducted from the overall time.

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:11 pm

ok thanks.
how about if EU citizen had to travel outside to non-EU country due to family emergency for 3 months - due to Covid emergency.
Will EU citizen need to wait 1 more year without any further absences of more than 6 weeks - before applying for citizenship?
e.g. if absence was from Jun - Aug2021 and 5year residence completion is dec2021.
can EU citizen apply from Jan 2022 as normal, or should it wait until Jul 2022?
Are there any exemptions for absences longer than 6 weeks?

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:52 pm

The department is really strict on 6 week rule these days. No absence in last one year for more than six weeks. if EU citizen was out then unfortunately they will have to wait until they satisfy the requirement.

if EU citizen came back in Aug 2021 then clock starts from the day they returned.

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:38 pm

found this in relation to reckonable residence. Not sure what stage it is at now:

The Courts and Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2021 proposes to amend and extend the “continuance residence” conditions to allow absences of up to 70 days in the twelve-month period prior to an application and allowing for a further period of 30 days in exceptional circumstances.
Solicitor weblink removed by moderator

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:40 pm

pal80uk wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:25 pm
All
I have applied for EUTR3 permanent residence card today.
I will update with progress when I have further update.

Applied via email: 13/12/2021
Applied via Post: 13/12/2021
Application Received: awaiting confirmation
Email Acknowledgement: awaiting
Postal Acknowledged: pending
Temporary Extension: Pending
Current stamp (Article 50TEU) valid until - Apr 2023.

Are there any recent updates from anyone else?
Email acknowledgement received today!
In the email they are saying processing times for all residence applications has extended due to reduced capacity at EU Treaty Rights Division due to current healthcare emergency.

They also sent me below link, not sure why as I already have obtained my Article 50 TEU stamp?

https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outl ... reserved=0

Application Received: 14/12/2021
Email Acknowledgement: 31/12/2021
Postal Acknowledged: pending
Temporary Extension: N/A
Current stamp (Article 50TEU) valid until - Apr 2023
EUTR3 approval: pending

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:52 am

All
Urgent advise needed on my EU3 application.
I received postal letter today with below text:

"As your application for a permanent residence card was received after the end of the transition period, your application is deemed to be an application for a Permanent residence document made under Regulation 12 of the European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) (Citizens' Rights) Regulation 2020 ("The Regulations"). As such, your application will be assessed in accordance with the Regulations and the provisions of the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2015, where applicable.
A decision will be reached on your Form EU3 application in due course and will be made based on the documentation on file at the time."

Can someone please advise what they mean by this and if they are going to reject my application as invalid? I am confused and not sure in terms of next steps.
What is this Permanent Residence document, is there a separate application form that I should have applied under?

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:58 am

pal80uk wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:52 am
All
Urgent advise needed on my EU3 application.
I received postal letter today with below text:

"As your application for a permanent residence card was received after the end of the transition period, your application is deemed to be an application for a Permanent residence document made under Regulation 12 of the European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) (Citizens' Rights) Regulation 2020 ("The Regulations"). As such, your application will be assessed in accordance with the Regulations and the provisions of the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2015, where applicable.
A decision will be reached on your Form EU3 application in due course and will be made based on the documentation on file at the time."

Can someone please advise what they mean by this and if they are going to reject my application as invalid? I am confused and not sure in terms of next steps.
What is this Permanent Residence document, is there a separate application form that I should have applied under?

Didn't you already apply for PR IRP card?

That is a standard confirmation a non-eu dependent of UK Citizen (after Brexit) gets when they apply for EU3 Permanent Residence.

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:26 pm

Hi Raja

Yes I applied for EU3 in Dec 2021.
I was confused as to why they are saying I missed the deadline?

But if this is the standard response, than I guess I just have to wait - and I see they are not looking for any further info at this stage.
Thanks again for your response!

pal80uk
Ireland

Post by pal80uk » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:33 pm

My updated timeline for EU3 application:

Application Received: 14/12/2021
Email Acknowledgement: 31/12/2021
Postal Acknowledged: 14/01/2022
Temporary Extension: N/A - see below
Current stamp (Article 50TEU) valid until - Apr 2023
EUTR3 approval: pending

Jeanleblanc
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Jeanleblanc » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:36 pm

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone was able to obtain an appointment with burgh quay to collect their GNIB card. My EU3 application was approved in Nov 2021 and I have been trying to get an appointment but no luck at all. I have sent too many emails to immigration support but no response yet. Can any one advise please. Desperately need to get my card .

Many thanks in advance
Jean

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:14 am

Jeanleblanc wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:36 pm
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone was able to obtain an appointment with burgh quay to collect their GNIB card. My EU3 application was approved in Nov 2021 and I have been trying to get an appointment but no luck at all. I have sent too many emails to immigration support but no response yet. Can any one advise please. Desperately need to get my card .

Many thanks in advance
Jean
Hi,

My understanding is one needs to apply online for EU3 Card for people who are based in Dublin area. Appointment system in only for people outside of Dublin area. This should also be clearly stated in the approval letter.

Once you apply online, you should get the card within few weeks by post.

https://inisonline.jahs.ie/user/login

Hope it helps!

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:02 pm

Applied in Jan 2021
still nothing till today's day 28/Jan/2022
temporary permission till end of May 2022.
it is 1 year anniversary now :D , i was surprised that some people got their permission just under 10months :o even though they sent their application after me.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:08 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:02 pm
Applied in Jan 2021
it is 1 year anniversary now :D , i was surprised that some people got their permission just under 10months :o even though they sent their application after me.
I remember we applied beginning of last year and we got approval last November after I demanded a decision.

That is an unusual wait considering a lot of people got approval and some within a month.

I would say email them demanding for a decision n if nothing works, you may contact a lawyer to send a threatening letter.

I know people who have gone through a lawyer have gotten approval.

All the best!

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:04 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:08 pm
tugii20 wrote:
Applied in Jan 2021
I remember we applied beginning of last year and we got approval last November after I demanded a decision.

That is an unusual wait considering a lot of people got approval and some within a month.

I would say email them demanding for a decision n if nothing works, you may contact a lawyer to send a threatening letter.

All the best!
i have sent eutreatyrights@justice.ie 2 email within last 2weeks and they have replied me
this
dear bla bla

i acknowledge receipt your email dated 32234234, the content has been noted.
i wish to advise that our office will be in touch with you in WRITING SHORTLY on the matter

Did you also get same reply when you demand them? i will check my post box next week hopefully

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:46 pm

tugii20 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:04 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:08 pm
tugii20 wrote:
Applied in Jan 2021

All the best!
i have sent eutreatyrights@justice.ie 2 email within last 2weeks and they have replied me
this
dear bla bla

i acknowledge receipt your email dated 32234234, the content has been noted.
i wish to advise that our office will be in touch with you in WRITING SHORTLY on the matter

Did you also get same reply when you demand them? i will check my post box next week hopefully
Hopefully you hear from them soon.

I got a generic response that the application was being processed and got an approval within few weeks after that.

Good luck!

Dolphin55
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dolphin55 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:17 pm

Hi my permanent residence card was approved in November, can someone clarify me when applying online for the permanent residence card which category to select as I live in Dublin.
Thanks

Dolphin55
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dolphin55 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:19 pm

Jeanleblanc wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:36 pm
Hi all,

Many thanks in advance
Jean

Hi Jean I live in Dublin and my permanent residence card was approved in November as well can you please tell me when applying online which category you have to select

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:19 pm

Are you a family member of a British Citizen or an EU citizen?

What is your timeline?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Dolphin55
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dolphin55 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:26 pm

immerso wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:33 am
Hi Guys,

I got My Card and realized that its only valid until September 2021. I have dropped them an email its been 2 weeks now no reply.

I think we have to Apply for Stamp 4 i spoke to a solicitor they dont have any idea regarding this matter but according to the letter I have to Apply for stamp 4 this is what he suggested but on the same time I asked him that it should be free of cost and stamp 4 is not free you have to pay fee.

do anyone have any update

Regards

Hi can you please clarify me, my permanent residence card was approved in November. I live in Dublin so when applying online which option do I select withdrawal beneficiary or any other please.

Thanks

Dolphin55
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Dolphin55 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:29 pm

Obie wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:19 pm
Are you a family member of a British Citizen or an EU citizen?

What is your timeline?

Hi Obie, I am family member of British Citizen,

I applied in September 2020
Aprroved in November 2021

I have temporary permission until the 15th of April 2022

I am just confused when applying online for the the card which option to select, is it withdrawal agreement beneficiary or stamp4eu fam

Thanks