ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fee waiver application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kamsi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Fee waiver application timeline

Post by kamsi » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:31 am

I am due to submit an application for leave to remain extension in January 2022 but prior to that I’ll be asking for a fee waiver.

Does anyone know how long it’s taking to consider fee waiver applications (i.e from the time the request is submitted and to when a reply is received from UKVI)?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Fee waiver application timeline

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:18 pm

kamsi wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:31 am
I am due to submit an application for leave to remain extension in January 2022 but prior to that I’ll be asking for a fee waiver.

Does anyone know how long it’s taking to consider fee waiver applications (i.e from the time the request is submitted and to when a reply is received from UKVI)?
There is a thread that more or less caters for this...search for the FLR FP

kamsi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Fee waiver application timeline

Post by kamsi » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:10 am

Thanks

kamsi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Fee waiver application turn-around

Post by kamsi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:25 am

Hi all,

I will be submitting a fee waiver application in the next 3-4 weeks and I wondered if anyone knew how long it’s taking to hear back after the application is submitted.

I know that no two cases are ever the same, it would give me an indication of how long I would be waiting before getting a response.

Thanks 🙏🏾

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Fee waiver application turn-around

Post by manci » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:58 am

One fee waiver application I am aware of took 2 months to approve two years ago (incl. the Christmas period)
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

kamsi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by kamsi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:03 pm

Thank you very much Manci.

JimmyR
United Kingdom

Post by JimmyR » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:13 am

Most of the posts I have ready, Fee waiver takes up to 2 months. They must have a deadline which it is not known to us.
I can’t see the agency takes longer time to decide as your circumstances might change. For instance, the agency decides you will pay half of fee due to the evidence you had submitted with your application. But if they took long time to make the decision. Your financial circumstances might have changed, probably you have lost your job and used all your savings.

kamsi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Fee waiver application

Post by kamsi » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:22 pm

I applied for a fee waiver a month ago and still waiting for the outcome. I wanted to ask if anyone has applied recently and has an idea how long it takes to process the application.

Secondly are decisions of the application communicated via email or letter.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Fee waiver application

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:25 pm

Topics merged!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kamsi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Fee waiver application

Post by kamsi » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:56 pm

Two months after applying for fee and IHS waivers and having not received a decision I emailed the Team last night to chase it up and received a decision today.

Visa application fee waiver was rejected but the IHS was accepted. I currently work for the NHS and have done so since 2013.