ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Spouse Visa Extension

Post by THO » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:26 am

Hi All,

Just a quick question. The wife's spouse visa is due for the extension mid next year for the second 2.5 years.

When we first applied for her spouse visa, I had to submit my self employed unaudited accounts to prove I earned enough. This cost me £440 to have done by an accountant, despite it being a very simple job for them, as I keep my accounts in order. I want to avoid wasting money, it's costly enough process as is.

My wife is working and on PAYE. She earns more than 18.6K, so that would be enough to qualify, but does the application need to be based on my income, or can we just send 6 months payslips from her job, and that will be OK? Not mention anything about me being self employed at all?

And despite the fact that she is working in a good job in London, does she still have to do an English language test again? Seems ridiculous if she does.

Thanks,

THO.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Extension

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:42 am

Your wife's income can be used to meet the financial requirements on its own.

English test will depend on which test she initially did. If she did A1 for the initial spouse visa, she will need minimum A2 for the extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:53 am

Thanks CR001. She did B1, what does that mean?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:11 pm

She can use the B1 test again provided the test and test provider is still on the UKVI approved list at the time she applies for an extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:25 pm

THO wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:53 am
Thanks CR001. She did B1, what does that mean?
A1 is for initial spouse visa
A2 is for extension
B1 is for ILR BC,
However an applicant with B1 from the beginning or at any point in the process does not need to redo it.
With B1 that's still on HO approved list does not need to do another English test.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:32 pm

Ah, thanks Amazonian. That's another small financial and time saving.