ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Send additional document

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

edu
Newly Registered

Send additional document

Post by edu » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:46 pm

Hello,

Yesterday I submitted the supporting documents for the naturalisation application at a UKVCAS site.

Today, when checking the "further actions to complete" section of the citizenship application I saw that I had missed including the "verification checks consent form". I felt this action came out of the blue, I normally double check everything. Furthermore, the consent form is not part of my supporting documents checklist.

Anyway, I have called UKVCAS and they say they cannot help me, since the application has been already submitted and cannot submit additional documents from their platform.

How can I send this additional document to be considered in my application?

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Send additional document

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:32 pm

Whatever this form is it doesn't seem to be required by the UKVI guidance for naturalisation - hasn't been mentioned here before. The name of the form doesn't tie in with any of the application sections. Unless anyone else can explain.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

edu
Newly Registered

Post by edu » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:01 pm

To give more details, this is what I can see / read in the further actions / mandatory actions section:

And the form download link points to https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

I have checked and the paper form for naturalisation includes the following bit in the declaration section which from my understanding would supersede the need for the consent form, unless following the British spouse route?:
I consent to organisations, including financial institutions, providing information to the Home
Office when requested in relation to this application

However on the online declaration part it only says:
Also, the application will be processed according to the privacy policy and terms and conditions.

Which links to https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... Conditions and https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... itizenship and digging a bit I found:
If we have asked you to provide your consent in order to process your personal data, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. When we ask for your consent, we will tell you how we will process your data, how long we will keep it for and the steps we will take to delete it. We will also outline the steps we will take if you decide to withdraw consent and explain your data protection rights.
from https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-notice

All in all very confused since I think this mandatory document has appeared in the list of further actions after I submitted the application.

I am plannig to send the consent forms alongside a cover letter to
Department 1
UK Visas and Immigration
The Capital Building
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP
Which is the address that I found int he paper form.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

stegio80
United Kingdom

Post by stegio80 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:40 pm

edu wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:46 pm
Hello,

Yesterday I submitted the supporting documents for the naturalisation application at a UKVCAS site.

Today, when checking the "further actions to complete" section of the citizenship application I saw that I had missed including the "verification checks consent form". I felt this action came out of the blue, I normally double check everything. Furthermore, the consent form is not part of my supporting documents checklist.

Anyway, I have called UKVCAS and they say they cannot help me, since the application has been already submitted and cannot submit additional documents from their platform.

How can I send this additional document to be considered in my application?

Thank you
I have the same issue. The form appeared after the appointment. I think you give your consent when you sign during the appointment. I asked a friend of mine who applied months ago and she realised she has that form there as well. She didn't submit it as she didn't know it existed. She has already naturalised successfully.

Bobo_chan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bobo_chan » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:04 pm

Hi everyone we also checked the account after reading this post and the consent form is there to sign!

We are pretty sure at the time of application submission it wasnt there at all as wel checled all the mandatory actions.

There were only two things to do one was referee declaration and the other one was to book the UKVAS appointment.

We are also panicking now and not quite sure what to do!

stegio80
United Kingdom

Post by stegio80 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:06 pm

Bobo_chan wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:04 pm
Hi everyone we also checked the account after reading this post and the consent form is there to sign!

We are pretty sure at the time of application submission it wasnt there at all as wel checled all the mandatory actions.

There were only two things to do one was referee declaration and the other one was to book the UKVAS appointment.

Tomorrow I am calling the HO. However, don't forget we have all signed such a form at the UKVCAS site. That's definitely what we are asked to sign. Also, my friend has successfully applied for naturalisation some months ago and saw the form only today when I told her.

stegio80
United Kingdom

Post by stegio80 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:51 am

Bobo_chan wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:04 pm

I was told to do nothing by the HO. If that form is needed, the caseworker will contact me. Considering my friend's experience, that form isn't applicable to us.

edu
Newly Registered

Post by edu » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:27 am

Thank you all for your responses and personal experiences, it gives me peace of mind.

It feels like a software glitch but anyway we will be alert in case the caseworker requests it.

Thanks again

stegio80
United Kingdom

Post by stegio80 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:39 pm

edu wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:27 am
Thank you all for your responses and personal experiences, it gives me peace of mind.

It feels like a software glitch but anyway we will be alert in case the caseworker requests it.

Thanks again
Hello,
I contacted the Home Office in regard to the verification checks consent form by email in December, when such a form came up on my account just after going for the biometrics. They've replied only today from MMST FMT NationalitySupportTeamFMT.
I was asked to fill the application form in and send it back by email. I guess they meant the "verification checks consent form", not the application form. I've just emailed them the verification checks consent form signed and a copy of my online application, just in case.
Is that email address the one used by caseworkers?
Does this mean they are reviewing my application?
Many thanks