ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Births Documents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

StuartOR
Newly Registered
Wales

Foreign Births Documents

Post by StuartOR » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:53 pm

I’m trying to submit an application to the Foreign Births Register but I am unable to supply one document. Please help?

My understanding is as follows:
My grandmother is Irish by birth (I.e. born in Ireland) so in order to register I need to show descent through her. I have all the documents I need relating to me and my parent, but I’m unable to supply a document for my grandmother. She isn’t in contact with the family but appears to be living - I therefore can’t supply either a copy of her Irish passport or driving license and neither can I supply a death certificate.

What can I do in this instance? I can’t contact the DFA as they’re not taking calls relating to FBR unless it’s from expectant parents.

G Dog
Ireland

Re: Foreign Births Documents

Post by G Dog » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:20 pm

You would be able to provide her birth certificate, marriage certificate and your parents birth certificate. That would prove descent?

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:02 pm

StuartOR wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:53 pm
I’m trying to submit an application to the Foreign Births Register but I am unable to supply one document. Please help?

My understanding is as follows:
My grandmother is Irish by birth (I.e. born in Ireland) so in order to register I need to show descent through her. I have all the documents I need relating to me and my parent, but I’m unable to supply a document for my grandmother. She isn’t in contact with the family but appears to be living - I therefore can’t supply either a copy of her Irish passport or driving license and neither can I supply a death certificate.

What can I do in this instance? I can’t contact the DFA as they’re not taking calls relating to FBR unless it’s from expectant parents.
Write a letter stating the circumstances as to why you can not get the documents. I'd advise to get it notarized or, if possible, attested to by a lawyer.
You should switch over to the main FBR thread and read through them. This issue has been mentioned there.

jgclancy

maishun
China

Post by maishun » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:39 am

You need to make an affidavit