ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Haven't received approval letter but ceremony booked by council

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

irenesalazar
Newly Registered

Haven't received approval letter but ceremony booked by council

Post by irenesalazar » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:36 pm

Eligibility criteria: EUSS + 1 year
Nationality: Non-EU
Method of application: Online
Date of application: 22/09/2021
Date of debit of fees: 22/09/2021
Date Biometrics enrolled: 18/10/2021
Date of receipt of Approval Email: awaiting
Date of receipt of ceremony email from council: awaiting
Citizenship ceremony date: 20/01/2022

Hello there,
I've received an email from my local council (Essex) telling me that they've booked me into a group ceremony in January and to bring my 'letter from the Home Office confirming your citizenship'. I'm hoping this means that my application was successful (yay!!) but I haven't received anything (no letter/email) from the Home Office.

From what I gather, I will receive only an email (no physical letter). I've checked my spam folder but still can't find anything. Anyone can advice what email address this is sent from? Anyone else has gone through a similar situation?

Thanks

irenesalazar
Newly Registered

Re: Haven't received approval letter but ceremony booked by council

Post by irenesalazar » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:14 pm

For anyone in a similar situation, I've received the approval email today (20 December) so only one working day after the one from the council.