ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker -Employer change - dependent visa query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bantu12
Newly Registered
India

Skilled worker -Employer change - dependent visa query

Post by Bantu12 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:46 pm

Hi,
I'm working for ABC company with Skilled worker visa. Company has sponsored visa for my dependents as well. This visa will expiry in Dec 2024.I got a new job offer from XYZ company and they are sponsoring visa fee only for me. And new company XYZ is saying dependants can stay with current visa (I.e.dependent visa processed by ABC company) until it is expired. Can the dependant stay on old ABC dependant visa until it is expired?

I'm wondering how come they can stay on old dependant visa as I am changing my employer. Please advise.

jubilantme
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Skilled worker -Employer change - dependent visa query

Post by jubilantme » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:25 am

There is no clear understanding around whether dependents need to re-apply for fresh visas at least for me.

When you re-apply, the IHS (which you paid for the existing applications) gets credited to the original bank account from which it was paid on a pro rata basis.

The question is who has paid for the dependent visa and IHS? So when you re-apply, IHS on the remaining period of the visa is returned to your employer.

Sorry, I do not have the answer to your question. But, when I switched to the new employer, I re-applied dependent visa.

pinki
Newly Registered
India

Post by pinki » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:12 am

ITs not mandatory to apply the new one .
They can use use their old BRP until expired

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:27 pm

Skilled Worker visa is clear about it:

"Your partner or children will need to apply separately to update their visa. They can either apply at the same time as you, or at any time before their current visa expires."

jubilantme
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by jubilantme » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:56 pm

Yes, as per the guidelines, one has to re-apply sooner or later and this is inevitable. So, it would always be better to apply for dependents as soon as the primary visa holder gets the BRP.