ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adequate maintenance Calculation help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

This case is slightly different.

Post by GMO » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:55 pm

This case is slightly different from others.

Someone receiving PIP ( Personal Independence Payment) in the last 12 months, which fall under adequate
maintenance
(Where the applicant’s partner is in receipt of the following benefits or
allowances in the UK, the applicant will be able to meet the financial requirement at
that application stage by providing evidence of “adequate maintenance” rather than
meeting an income threshold)

But the person started a new job three months before and get a salary above £18600 as well as receiving the PIP. So, whilst applying for a spouse visa then can he apply under CAT B?

As he is in employment at the timer of application and meeting the financial requirement for the last 12 months at by providing evidence of “adequate maintenance” rather than
meeting an income threshold.

It will be really appreciated if the experts reply and guide for the above situation.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: This case is slightly different.

Post by GMO » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:20 pm

Experts, can you please look into the above issue and suggest please . Thanks in advance :D

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:50 pm

Dear Sirs,

In other words, it means if someone is in a job for 3 months with a new employer and since last 12 months receiving PIP ( adequate maintenance) then is that person eligible to apply under CAT B ?

your kind reply and suggestion will be highly appreciated.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:36 pm

Any expert can suggest me on the above post please.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:29 pm

GMO wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:55 pm
This case is slightly different from others.

Someone receiving PIP ( Personal Independence Payment) in the last 12 months, which fall under adequate
maintenance
(Where the applicant’s partner is in receipt of the following benefits or
allowances in the UK, the applicant will be able to meet the financial requirement at
that application stage by providing evidence of “adequate maintenance” rather than
meeting an income threshold)

But the person started a new job three months before and get a salary above £18600 as well as receiving the PIP. So, whilst applying for a spouse visa then can he apply under CAT B?

As he is in employment at the timer of application and meeting the financial requirement for the last 12 months at by providing evidence of “adequate maintenance” rather than
meeting an income threshold.

It will be really appreciated if the experts reply and guide for the above situation.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Both options are viable but you need to weigh both options against the other.

You are exempted from meeting the financial requirement as you are claiming PIP so therefore you have to meet adequate maintenance in which case, income from current employer can be included OR Category B and meet both requirement of these category. I would suggest work out which one is the most viable because still require more or less number of supporting documents.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:36 pm

Thanks for your reply .

I am a bit confused honestly with the reply , can’t I use 3 month employment and adequate maintenance together under Cat B ?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:44 pm

GMO wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:36 pm
Thanks for your reply .

I am a bit confused honestly with the reply , can’t I use 3 month employment and adequate maintenance together under Cat B ?
You are the one confusing yourself with the guidance.

You are exempted from meeting the financial requirement so therefore CAT B does not apply here except if you intend to meet the requirement under CAT B so you CANNOT combine both together HOWEVER, if you apply under adequate maintenance, you can use your new income from current employer towards adequate maintenance.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:46 pm

GMO wrote:
Thanks for your reply .

"Meeting the financial requirement through ‘adequate
maintenance’

Where the applicant’s partner is in receipt of any of the following benefits or
meeting an income threshold:
• Carer’s Allowance
• Disability Living Allowance
• Severe Disablement Allowance
• Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
• Attendance Allowance
Personal Independence Payment
• Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under
the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
• Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement
Pension under the War Pensions Scheme
• Police Injury Pension
"

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:43 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:44 pm
GMO wrote:
Thanks for your reply .

You are exempted from meeting the financial requirement so therefore CAT B does not apply here except if you intend to meet the requirement under CAT B so you CANNOT combine both together HOWEVER, if you apply under adequate maintenance, you can use your new income from current employer towards adequate maintenance.
Thank you for your reply with the details. Appreciated.

So I will use adequate maintenance to apply and where I will include my salaried income payslips towards it .

OR

IF I use CAT B. then 3 month plays lol form the employer I can show and what else I have to show to fulfill the financial requirements for las 12 months please ( prior to the employment I was in PIP and universal credit )

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:16 pm

TODMATT wrote:
GMO wrote:
Thanks for your reply .

Thank you for your reply with the details. Appreciated. Please ignore the last reply. There were a few errors,

If I use adequate maintenance to apply then I could include my salaried income payslips towards it . I understood this. Thanks :)

OR

IF I use CAT B. then 3 months payslips from the employer I can use and what else I have to show to fulfil the financial requirements for the last 12 months please ( FYI, prior to the employment I was in PIP and universal credit ).

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:39 pm

GMO wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:16 pm
TODMATT wrote:
GMO wrote:
Thanks for your reply .

Thank you for your reply with the details. Appreciated. Please ignore the last reply. There were a few errors,

If I use adequate maintenance to apply then I could include my salaried income payslips towards it . I understood this. Thanks :)

Yes this is correct so it will depend whether if your last 3 months payslips are the same or they varies if they varies, you have to do the average or if they are the same, you will multiply it by 12 divide by 52 to get weekly amount.

OR

IF I use CAT B. then 3 months payslips from the employer I can use and what else I have to show to fulfil the financial requirements for the last 12 months please ( FYI, prior to the employment I was in PIP and universal credit ). Not prior before PIP and UC but before the date of the application, you must ensure you have eanred £18600 and you also currently earning this amount in recent employment.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:13 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:39 pm
GMO wrote:
TODMATT wrote:
GMO wrote:
Thanks for your reply .

Yes this is correct so it will depend whether if your last 3 months payslips are the same or they varies if they varies, you have to do the average or if they are the same, you will multiply it by 12 divide by 52 to get weekly amount.

OR

IF I use CAT B. then 3 months payslips from the employer I can use and what else I have to show to fulfil the financial requirements for the last 12 months please ( FYI, prior to the employment I was in PIP and universal credit ). Not prior before PIP and UC but before the date of the application, you must ensure you have eanred £18600 and you also currently earning this amount in recent employment.
Thanks again :)

To apply under adequate maintenance, PIP letter + bank statements and what other financial documents need to provide ? And is this the same application process ?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:24 am

GMO wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:13 pm
TODMATT wrote:
GMO wrote:
TODMATT wrote:
GMO wrote:
Thanks for your reply .

OR

To apply under adequate maintenance, PIP letter + bank statements and what other financial documents need to provide ? And is this the same application process ?
3 months bank statements
3 months payslips
Council tax letter
Tenancy agreement if renting

Don't forget that for adequate maintenance, it is net pay which counts see calculations Adequate maintenance

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:31 pm

Thanks a lot 😊

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:08 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:24 am
GMO wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:13 pm
TODMATT wrote:
GMO wrote:
TODMATT wrote:
GMO wrote:
Thanks for your reply .

OR

3 months bank statements
3 months payslips
Council tax letter
Tenancy agreement if renting

Don't forget that for adequate maintenance, it is net pay which counts see calculations Adequate maintenance

Another question Please, have to calculate and net pay for last 3 months or last 12 months ? before the job, my income was from Universal Credit and PIP. Can I count universal credit as a income while calculating net pay before getting the job.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:29 pm

Have you received the same amount or it varies in the last 3 months? Yes the UC does count.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:23 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:29 pm
Have you received the same amount or it varies in the last 3 months? Yes the UC does count.
Thanks. Yes, It’s same amount as a monthly salary , so I will show last 3 month salary plus PIP ?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:34 pm

Your net pay x 12 divide by 52 to get weekly amount for your income.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:03 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:34 pm
Your net pay x 12 divide by 52 to get weekly amount for your income.
Thanks a lot. If join with a new employer and apply after next 3 months then can I use 3months this employer + 3 months new employer payslips + PIP for the adequate maintenance application?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:17 am

Not under adequate maintenance as you can only use your current income towards adequate maintenance but you can do that under employment route using Category B.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:12 am

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:17 am
Not under adequate maintenance as you can only use your current income towards adequate maintenance but you can do that under employment route using Category B.
Got it. Thanks.so if even they apply after next 3 months under adequate maintenance then how many months of previous income/ net income they have to show ? 3/6/12 months please ?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:18 pm

They should submit payslips for how long they have been employed upto 6 months even if they have been employed for a month, that should also suffice.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... dation.pdf

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:23 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:18 pm
They should submit payslips for how long they have been employed upto 6 months even if they have been employed for a month, that should also suffice.

Ok great. That’s perfectly ok. I wanna know please if I join with new employer and apply after 3/4 months then have to show previous payslip + new payslip under adequate maintenance or just last 3 month payslips from the current employer + pip letter + 3 month bank statements.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:31 pm

TODMATT wrote:
GMO wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:23 pm
TODMATT wrote:

Ok great. That’s perfectly ok. I wanna know please if I join with new employer and apply after 3/4 months then have to show previous payslip + new payslip under adequate maintenance or just last 3 month payslips from the current employer + pip letter + 3 month bank statements.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:07 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:31 pm
TODMATT wrote:
GMO wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:23 pm
TODMATT wrote:

Thanks a lot for your reply and help with the details.

I am bit confused about one thing from my side; that is if I apply under adequate maintenance then total how many months of previous net income history I have to show 3/6/12 or only 3 months ?

As I am aware that if apply under CAT B with different employer then total last 12 months of income history have to present. My question is for adequate maintenance how many previous months of net income I have to show please.