ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport validity for travel on spouse BRP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ray_of_li
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Passport validity for travel on spouse BRP

Post by ray_of_li » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:20 pm

Hi ,
Hope you all doing well. I have a spouse BRP which is valid till the Dec of 2022. And my passport is valid only for the next 5 months. I have to travel urgently abroad for about 3 weeks on returning back my passport validity will be 4 months. Will I have problems with immigration on returning back with 4 months validity in my passport?

Reason why I am asking this question is because I understand few countries require the passport to be valid for atleast six months.

Thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Passport validity for travel on spouse BRP

Post by TODMATT » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:35 pm

ray_of_li wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:20 pm
Hi ,
Hope you all doing well. I have a spouse BRP which is valid till the Dec of 2022. And my passport is valid only for the next 5 months. I have to travel urgently abroad for about 3 weeks on returning back my passport validity will be 4 months. Will I have problems with immigration on returning back with 4 months validity in my passport?

Reason why I am asking this question is because I understand few countries require the passport to be valid for atleast six months.

Thanks
No you shouldn't as long as you have a valid leave in order to return to the UK.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

ray_of_li
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ray_of_li » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:39 pm

Thanks for your response couldn't find this answer anywhere :)

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Post by walker » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:38 pm

However, you will require a valid passport at the time of making the application. Therefore, do consider renewing your passport.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:25 pm

walker wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:38 pm
However, you will require a valid passport at the time of making the application. Therefore, do consider renewing your passport.
Not necessarily, you can still apply even if your passport is not valid. The immigration rules does allow people to apply for this by explaining the reason behind why they are unable to provide a valid passport.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

ray_of_li
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ray_of_li » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:08 pm

Thanks guys