ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application form queries regarding Spouse Visa Application from Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PoolX1
Newly Registered

Application form queries regarding Spouse Visa Application from Pakistan

Post by PoolX1 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:09 am

Hi Fellow Members

Got a quick question regarding the spouse visa application. I am a British citizen and my spouse is in Pakistan right now. I want to apply for the visa this week. Most of the application is done, just two things i am not sure about.

Query 1) We had our Nikkah ceremony in July 2021. It was a proper function in the presence of 300 people. We have all the pictures and album which we will be submitting. After our Nikkah, my spouse changed her national ID card. Husband name and the address were changed. The new address is my Pakistan's home address.

In the application form, it asks, are you currently living together? Will i select yes or no for this? If i select no, it asks me for a reason that why are you not living together? I was thinking of selecting yes for this question as we are living together in Pakistan and now i am applying for her visa to join me over here. Am i correct on this?

Query 2) Secondly regarding the bank statements. The latest 3 ones are the ones that came by post which i believe is not an issue. The other 3 months, i can't find and i need to print them. Even though the coloured copy of the printed ones look almost similar to the ones in the post, do i need to get the printed ones stamped by the bank or will it be okay to just print a coloured copy and not getting it stamped?

Thank you for your help.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Application form queries regarding Spouse Visa Application from Pakistan

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:32 pm

PoolX1 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:09 am
Hi Fellow Members

Got a quick question regarding the spouse visa application. I am a British citizen and my spouse is in Pakistan right now. I want to apply for the visa this week. Most of the application is done, just two things i am not sure about.

Query 1) We had our Nikkah ceremony in July 2021. It was a proper function in the presence of 300 people. We have all the pictures and album which we will be submitting. After our Nikkah, my spouse changed her national ID card. Husband name and the address were changed. The new address is my Pakistan's home address.

In the application form, it asks, are you currently living together? Will i select yes or no for this? If i select no, it asks me for a reason that why are you not living together? I was thinking of selecting yes for this question as we are living together in Pakistan and now i am applying for her visa to join me over here. Am i correct on this? It may be your Pakistan home address but are you currently there with your spouse? If not, state NO and explain the circumstances. Anyway for most persons it's no because if you were to be living together to what end then is the spouse visa application?

Query 2) Secondly regarding the bank statements. The latest 3 ones are the ones that came by post which i believe is not an issue. The other 3 months, i can't find and i need to print them. Even though the coloured copy of the printed ones look almost similar to the ones in the post, do i need to get the printed ones stamped by the bank or will it be okay to just print a coloured copy and not getting it stamped? Bank statements that resembles what you will normally get from the bank via post is acceptable. Online statements are acceptable, does not require the chomp stamp

Thank you for your help.

PoolX1
Newly Registered

Post by PoolX1 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:42 pm

Hey Amazonian

Thank you for your reply. Appreciate it.

Are you sure the online statements are acceptable? In the home office guidance it says that if the bank statements aren't original, they must be stamped. I even went to HSBC bank but they said we don't stamp the bank statements.

Secondly i had one more question. I am meeting the financial requirement through my savings. In the application form i mentioned that the source of this money is 'savings over time' Do we have to provide any evidence to substantiate this? I was thinking of providing my latest P60. The reason why i am taking the savings route is because i recently started a new job and it is only 4 months old. I am required to provide a declaration letter regarding the savings. Does anyone have a template for this which i can use?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:28 pm

PoolX1 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:42 pm
Hey Amazonian

Thank you for your reply. Appreciate it.

Are you sure the online statements are acceptable? In the home office guidance it says that if the bank statements aren't original, they must be stamped. I even went to HSBC bank but they said we don't stamp the bank statements.

Secondly i had one more question. I am meeting the financial requirement through my savings. In the application form i mentioned that the source of this money is 'savings over time' Do we have to provide any evidence to substantiate this? I was thinking of providing my latest P60. The reason why i am taking the savings route is because i recently started a new job and it is only 4 months old. I am required to provide a declaration letter regarding the savings. Does anyone have a template for this which i can use?
1. HSBC does not stamp bank statements but they can give you a letter to confirm your account which should suffice. You are right that immigration rules does state that statements should be stamped or a letter confirming them to be genuine and in this platform, many have used online platform for their applications without any issues. You can also ask for letter from HSBC if you are worried about this.

2. There's no template for declaration of funds. You can simply declare where the funds came from and provide 6 months bank statements showing they have been held for that period. P60 optional.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

PoolX1
Newly Registered

Post by PoolX1 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:50 pm

Thanks Todmatt :)