ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Additional Applicant? 1 year old baby - strange questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

helpplease!
United Kingdom

ILR Additional Applicant? 1 year old baby - strange questions

Post by helpplease! » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:34 pm

Hi Guys,

ILR - 5 Year Route, I have a British husband and a baby son who has just turned 1 years old. On the additional applicants section, the only option I have on the drop down list is "dependent child". As my son was born here in the UK, has a British birth certificate and a British passport, do I still need to include him in the application? If he is considered an "additional applicant", will he too receive ILR, even if he doesn't need it?

The questions being asked make no sense for a 1 year old or indeed any child, they are mostly the same questions that were asked in the main applicant section, i.e. "what is your relationship status".

Bearing in mind at the beginning of the dependent child section it states;

"The following questions will gather information about the dependant child you are adding to this application. In these questions, the dependant child is the applicant. As a result, the questions are directed at them. You must answer the questions about the person who is being added as a dependant child to this application."

I am struggling to answer questions such as;

1. "Your partner's relationship to [sons name] - What is your partner's relationship to you? Parent, Step-parent, Family member, Legal guardian, Other". I assume the answer must be Parent.

2. "[sons name] responsible adult for biometrics. You must have an adult of at least 18 years old with you when you give your biometrics. The adult must be able to prove who they are."
How will they take biometrics from a 1 year old?

3. "What languages can [sons name] speak?" He cant, he is 1! Not sure if I can leave the field blank.

4. "Spouse / partner details. Are you and your partner married or in a civil partnership?" Why is it asking this question for the dependent child? Does it mean his parents, i.e. me and my husband?

Thanks for any guidance on the above would be much appreciated.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Additional Applicant? 1 year old baby - strange questions

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:42 pm

The application is asking for dependant children. Dependant means their immigration status depends on the main applicant. A British born child is NOT a dependant immigrant and should never be added. Your spouse must apply on their own.

FYI British citizens are not subject to immigration control, cannot make immigration applications and cannot be granted any immigration status like a leave to remain or ILR. When someone becomes British, any immigration status that has been granted to them like ILR will be lost.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

helpplease!
United Kingdom

Post by helpplease! » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:48 am

Thanks for your reply Zimba. I always thought the HO meant dependant as in the child is dependant on its parents, I didn't think it meant dependant as in their immigration status depends on the main applicant.

I have searched for this tirelessly but cannot find any specific guidance on this where it clearly states what you have said, do you know of any guidance where it goes into detail about dependant children? But it does make sense. Thank you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:35 pm

The context here is what is defined under the immigration rules. Do not make up your own interpretations. An immigration application is NOT a 'full disclosure'.

Immigration rules Part 8 makes it clear that the rules apply to UK born children who are not British citizens:
Children born in the United Kingdom who are not British citizens
304. This paragraph and paragraphs 305-309 apply only to dependent children under 18 years of age who are unmarried and are not civil partners and who were born in the United Kingdom on or after 1 January 1983 (when the British Nationality Act 1981 came into force) but who, because neither of their parents was a British Citizen or settled in the United Kingdom at the time of their birth, are not British Citizens and are therefore subject to immigration control. Such a child requires leave to enter where admission to the United Kingdom is sought, and leave to remain where permission is sought for the child to be allowed to stay in the United Kingdom. If he qualifies for entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain under any other part of these Rules, a child who was born in the United Kingdom but is not a British Citizen may be granted entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain in accordance with the provisions of that other part.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

helpplease!
United Kingdom

Post by helpplease! » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:06 pm

Thanks for that, it now makes more sense. So we shall not add our baby on the ILR application as a dependent child, and it will just be one applicant.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:08 am

Correct

helpplease!
United Kingdom

Post by helpplease! » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:49 am

Ah, one more thing that you may be able to assist with before I submit my ILR application. On my last Spouse visa extension application I had to provide Part 1 (Consent for the Home Office to verify application information) and also Part 3 consent (Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor) as we used my partners financial documents.

I am using my own financial documents this time, so I understand I do not need to provide Part 3 Consent, but do I still need to provide Part 1? There is no where in the document checklist that mentions this but it did in my previous application. Is it not needed for ILR?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:20 pm

Part one signed by you, part two signed by your spouse as you share cohabitaion documents

helpplease!
United Kingdom

Post by helpplease! » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Do you mean the pieces of correspondence to evidence we live together? I guess that is the only documentation that could be "shared". Well, in fact, we are giving individual pieces of correspondence as we do not have any correspondence in joint names, would we still need part two signing by the spouse?

Lastly, there is no reference to the Consent forms throughout the entire ILR application, neither does it appear on the checklist at the end. The only form that appears is the Spouse Declaration.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:25 pm

Your spouse still needs to sign part 2. There is one form with 3 parts

KVP

Post by KVP » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:52 pm

Sorry to interfere,

However thanks to Zimba for pointing about this consent form with 3 parts.

As OP mentioned, even my wife's SET-M form did not ask or provide a link to download for this Part1 & Part2 consent, although we have submitted this in her earlier FLR-M application.

However we have signed Part & Part 2 consent; and uploaded to UKVCAS portal now as we have some cohabitation and Financial documents on Joint account. My biometric appoinment is on tomorrow (11/12/2021). I will keep you posted.

helpplease!
United Kingdom

Post by helpplease! » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:33 pm

Thanks for your input KVP. Please let me know how your biometrics went today.

I think I am ready to submit, I am just not seeing the super priority service option which I would like to chose, only standard?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:49 pm

helpplease! wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:33 pm

I think I am ready to submit, I am just not seeing the super priority service option which I would like to chose, only standard?
There is no guarantee of getting SP appointment, there are enquires dealing with it on the forum severally.

KVP

Post by KVP » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:29 pm

helpplease! wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:33 pm

Hi,

It went well. Pretty quick as we have already "submitted" all the docs already, except this "PART 1 & PART2".

The UKVCAS staff has no clue about Consent forms; All he did today was, "submitted" this extra doc, took photo and bio metric, scanned passports (not sure why he scanned passports).

I will update once I get decision from UKVI. Hopefully I should get on Monday if not by Tuesday (i.e. within 2 working days)

As most people said in this forum, It was only showing "Standard" service for me as well. Then I got to know that New slots are released at midnight everyday. So waited for midnight, and saw it showed "Super Priority" option just after 12.00 am. So I booked the same.

helpplease!
United Kingdom

Post by helpplease! » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:41 am

Thanks guys. Well finally the priority option came up, so I chose it. But now I need to make a biometric appointment via UKVCAS and there is no availability in any centres! The only availability I found was the chargeable appointment at the London premium lounge on 4th January? Seems a shame to have paid for super priority now.

KVP

Post by KVP » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:29 am

You will find information about when they release Free/Chargeable appointments in UKVCAS FAQ section.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/faq

Why can’t I find an appointment?
Log in to your account and check tomorrow as our appointments are released daily, 28 days in advance. Currently free appointments are released at 9am and chargeable appointments at midnight.

helpplease!
United Kingdom

Post by helpplease! » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:07 am

Yes, I saw that, I have just logged back in at 9am, refreshed a few times, and nothing has changed. Still nothing available. I have checked about 10 centres, even random ones far away from me. Nothing was released.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:20 pm

helpplease! wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:07 am
Yes, I saw that, I have just logged back in at 9am, refreshed a few times, and nothing has changed. Still nothing available. I have checked about 10 centres, even random ones far away from me. Nothing was released.
The release or availability is dependent on capacity to process. You may keep checking.

helpplease!
United Kingdom

Post by helpplease! » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:13 pm

I checked all day - no change yet. I will check again tomorrow. My current leave expires on 15th January 2022, what happens if I cannot get a biometrics appointment until after this date? Even though I chose super priority, would I be considered an overstayer and would any date after 15th January affect the result of my application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:08 pm

The date of application is the date you submit online and pay and not your biometric appointnent date, which can be after visa expiry date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

helpplease!
United Kingdom

Post by helpplease! » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:33 pm

That's lucky then, 2 days after application and submitting documents via UKVCAS, and still not found any biometric appointment availability, despite checking throughout the day and especially at the alleged "midnight" and "9am" releases.

shafiq123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shafiq123 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:47 pm

Have you had any luck? If so any tips?