ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help with the PBS Dependent Extension Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RAJ007
India

Need Help with the PBS Dependent Extension Query

Post by RAJ007 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:50 pm

Hello Moderators

I am onto ILR via Tier 2 General route and currently in UK.

And My spouse is on PBS Dependent Leave To Remain Visa and currently in UK.

My spouse visa is due to expire next month and want to extend her visa.

I came across below 2 links after reading different post on this forum and really got confused as to which is the right link to apply;
.a. https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner
.b. https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children

So I have below queries and need your help to proceed further with the application;
.1. Could you please help me with the correct link which I should be using to extend my spouse PBS Dependent Visa.

.2. What is the difference between both this link and when they should be used.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Raj

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Need Help with the PBS Dependent Extension Query

Post by ywlgy » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:37 pm

Both are fine.

The first is the traditional way, biometric at UKVCAS.
The second is the new way, application and biometric done using mobile phone app. If you select you cannot use the app on your mobile phone, it will direct you to the first way.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:23 am

ywlgy wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:37 pm
Both are fine.

The first is the traditional way, biometric at UKVCAS.
The second is the new way, application and biometric done using mobile phone app. If you select you cannot use the app on your mobile phone, it will direct you to the first way.
Thanks ywlgy for your reply.

.1. So does this mean we don't need to book the appointment if we submit the application with the new link using app ?

.2. And also the set of questions on the form are exactly the same in both the link i.e. the New way and traditional way or will that be different? Because last time with the we filled the application form for PBS dependent in traditional way and was quite simple and very easy to fill.

Please let me know on this

Thanks and Regards,
Raj

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:47 am

1. Yes if the applicant is eligible. After completing the form it will tell what to do next.
2. The link does not allow me to continue without creating the account so i cannot say for sure. But I doubt the questions will be different. The main difference is the way to get biometric done.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:16 pm

ywlgy wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:47 am
1. Yes if the applicant is eligible. After completing the form it will tell what to do next.
2. The link does not allow me to continue without creating the account so i cannot say for sure. But I doubt the questions will be different. The main difference is the way to get biometric done.
Thanks ywlgy for answering my queries.

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:24 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am currently on ILR via TIER 2 General route.

My spouse has PBS Dependent Visa as I was on Tier 2 General Route.

I am applying for my spouse PBS Dependent extension visa.

When I use the below application link to extend the PBS Dependent Visa, I get 2 option one is using the "UK Immigration: ID Check" app and other is without this app;
https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children

Could someone please answer by below queries;

.1. Being an Indian National, Can I use this app as the app description says you can use this app only if you are EU, EEA , Swiss Citizens or British National Overseas Visa Applicant or Graduate Visa Applicant ?

.2. And if I can proceed the application form using "UK Immigration: ID Check" app, is it straight forward to use without facing any issues, as I see lots of comments on the app where the applicant cannot scan the document properly and it block the user for next 24 hours. Or its better to fill the application form without using this app and go book the appointment for the biometric at any given centre?

Thanks and Regards,
Raj

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:01 pm

RAJ007 wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:24 pm
Hi Everyone,

When I use the below application link to extend the PBS Dependent Visa, I get 2 option one is using the "UK Immigration: ID Check" app and other is without this app;

.1. Being an Indian National, Can I use this app as the app description says you can use this app only if you are EU, EEA , Swiss Citizens or British National Overseas Visa Applicant or Graduate Visa Applicant ?

.2. And if I can proceed the application form using "UK Immigration: ID Check" app, is it straight forward to use without facing any issues, as I see lots of comments on the app where the applicant cannot scan the document properly and it block the user for next 24 hours. Or its better to fill the application form without using this app and go book the appointment for the biometric at any given centre?

Thanks and Regards,
Raj
1. PBS dependant was recently added to the list of applicants that can use the app. Likely the description hasn't been updated
2. If you are concerned about those issues, go for the traditional way.

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:27 pm

ywlgy wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:01 pm
RAJ007 wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:24 pm
Hi Everyone,

Thanks and Regards,
Raj
1. PBS dependant was recently added to the list of applicants that can use the app. Likely the description hasn't been updated
2. If you are concerned about those issues, go for the traditional way.
Thanks ywlgy