ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

to be free
Venezuela

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by to be free » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:54 am

Please someone advise me...lawyers have taken so much money from me for the last 20years. I put in a Zambarano application after Akinsanya case in August, non-eu parent of a British child.

My BRP expires this January...EU resolution centre has Child's British passport and my BRP. I have asked for the documents twice but was told they cannot be returned until identity is verified. I thought home office had agreed these two applications can run together but it seems they cannot. My concern is if I don't renew my BRP, Zambarano fails then I become an overstayer and start the ten years again. Anyone in my situation what are you doing.?

Eboniangel
Zambia

Post by Eboniangel » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:06 pm

Hi, my FP visa expired in the first week of October and I handed over my passport and sons British passport when I applied for EU settlement (Zambrano), in June. When I applied to renew my FP visa in June, I was just asked to upload a picture of the photo page of my passport including the front and back of my biometric card. Did you take and save pictures of your documents?

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:21 pm

Yes I have copies. Have they not asked for the originals? I think we post. In this case I will right a cover letter then. The online form FLR(fp) cancels any other applications with the home office meaning they will only consider the current application.

Eboniangel
Zambia

Post by Eboniangel » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:16 pm

Hi I completed my FP leave to remain visa online. I noted my current Zambrano application ref number on the form and also explained that they do not have the right to vary my Zambrano application (primary carer of a British child), as agreed by the Court, under the Akinsanya consent order dated 17th June 2021. Two days after the application was submitted, they sent me an upload link to download pictures of my documents. I uploaded a cover letter explaining the fact that they do not have the right to vary my application, as it was agreed by the court that both applications could run alongside each other. This cover letter was included with my supporting and ID documents. Once they were submitted, they advised me that I don't need to book an appointment to submit my biometrics and to instead upload a passport style selfie of my face. Let's wait and see what happens...

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:57 pm

Eboniangel wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:16 pm
Hi I completed my FP leave to remain visa online. I noted my current Zambrano application ref number on the form and also explained that they do not have the right to vary my Zambrano application (primary carer of a British child), as agreed by the Court, under the Akinsanya consent order dated 17th June 2021. Two days after the application was submitted, they sent me an upload link to download pictures of my documents. I uploaded a cover letter explaining the fact that they do not have the right to vary my application, as it was agreed by the court that both applications could run alongside each other. This cover letter was included with my supporting and ID documents. Once they were submitted, they advised me that I don't need to book an appointment to submit my biometrics and to instead upload a passport style selfie of my face. Let's wait and see what happens...

You see... Which means HO knows what they are doing. They just keep trying their luck. Just imagine. God forbid bad thing.

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:13 pm

Eboniangel wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:16 pm
Hi I completed my FP leave to remain visa online. I noted my current Zambrano application ref number on the form and also explained that they do not have the right to vary my Zambrano application (primary carer of a British child), as agreed by the Court, under the Akinsanya consent order dated 17th June 2021. Two days after the application was submitted, they sent me an upload link to download pictures of my documents. I uploaded a cover letter explaining the fact that they do not have the right to vary my application, as it was agreed by the court

that both applications could run alongside each Other. This cover letter was included with my supporting and ID documents. Once they were submitted, they advised me that I don't need to book an appointment to submit my biometrics and to instead upload a passport style selfie of my face. Let's wait and see what happens...

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:18 pm

Sorry ebony angel. Am new in this forum don't know how to reply to posts yet

That move is bold. What if they are well aware Zambarano carers have lost the case already. They don't vary the application while on their updated caseworker guidelines dated November 2021 it says two applications cannot run at the same time. All this is confusing and stressful...

Eboniangel
Zambia

Post by Eboniangel » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:30 pm

I think some times we have to make them aware that we know what our rights are... I have made it clear that if they vary my application they will be in breach of the Akinsanya consent order. I have made that information very clear on my FP visa form where they ask for details and ref numbers on other HO applications. If they were in any doubt, I made this quite clear in my cover letter too 🙂.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:57 pm

to be free wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:18 pm

That move is bold. What if they are well aware Zambarano carers have lost the case already. They don't vary the application while on their updated caseworker guidelines dated November 2021 it says two applications cannot run at the same time. All this is confusing and stressful...
Hi to be free, if you want to reply a post, click on the inverted commas “ , on top of that person’s post. They are on the right hand side on top, the inverted commas are in a box, at the extreme towards your right, while your name is below towards the left.
Hopefully, you will find it.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:01 am

Fustrated2019 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:24 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:34 pm
snooky wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:47 am
To all

For those still waiting for their decision, we understand the heartache which lingers on at the moment.

Still keep your fingers cross as whatever goes up comes down.

The modus of operandi of the HO is to force you to flee and to concede. Again to put fear and to destroy family instead of uniting family.

As there's check and balance in the system and no one is above the law, the system will be just towards you.

Good morning to everyone especially Lulubaby.
Thanks Snooky, I am just here like I am not here. I am emotionally drained. I just blanked out everything about this EUSS application/Akinsanya case, pretending that everything is ok. Honestly, I don’t even know what to do or say anymore.
@lulubaby it’s nice to hear from you . Hang in there. The end is in sight 😊
Thank you so much. How are you?.

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:50 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:57 pm
to be free wrote:

Hi to be free, if you want to reply a post, click on the inverted commas “ , on top of that person’s post. They are on the right hand side on top, the inverted commas are in a box, at the extreme towards your right, while your name is below towards the left.
Thanks Lulubaby

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:14 pm

to be free wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:50 am
LULUBABY wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:57 pm
to be free wrote:

Thanks Lulubaby

You did it !!!!!!!!!!!

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:31 pm

Oh my God, looks like this judgement will be like a text book, volumes. It’s taking ages.. It is already 7days. I am so tensed up. I can’t pretend anymore. I am so scared. God please, have mercy.

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:06 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:31 pm
Oh my God, looks like this judgement will be like a text book, volumes. It’s taking ages.. It is already 7days. I am so tensed up. I can’t pretend anymore. I am so scared. God please, have mercy.

Very depressing...I heard it could be in 5-15 working days which could go into the new year because of Christmas

Lagosbos
European Union

Post by Lagosbos » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:33 pm

to be free wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:06 pm
LULUBABY wrote:

Very depressing...I heard it could be in 5-15 working days which could go into the new year because of Christmas
A good piece of judgement for those who applied for family permit from outside the UK as Zambrano carer

https://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/format.c ... (zambrano)

to be free
Venezuela

Post by to be free » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:37 pm

Prettymum wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:34 pm
Hello everyone, am happy to be here
Pretty mum, thank you

Please someone read this and put it in simple language for some of us. Homeoffice big words give me headache. Someone please

askme234
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by askme234 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:18 pm

Please note I am not a solicitor, nor a legal expert. This is just my own interpretation of the decision and inference based on the decision

if you find this helpful, all kudos should go to Snooky, Obie and co as I am tapping from their knowledge.

Below are my own summaries in plain English (or as I understand it)

The main contention in the First-tier Tribunal on 3 June 2021 when the judge allowed the appeal

Do you have to previously apply for entry clearance under Appendix FM because a derivative right of residence is a "right of last resort"?

The home office lawyer who made the assertion was not able to support his or her assertion with any evidence when asked by the judge to validate that assertion according to the judge. Therefore, the judge did not accept that notion.

My conclusion

You DO NOT have to apply under Appendix FM first to excise your right under the EEA.

Second appeal at the upper tribunal

Main contention

1 That the judge makes a mistake in the first appeal by having regard to article 8 ECHR and section 55 of the 2009 Act which are immaterial to whether there is a right to reside under regulation 16(5).

2 That the hearing should be adjourned pending the Court of Appeal's consideration of Akinsanya, R (On the Application Of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2021] EWHC 1535 (Admin).

My analysis of the above
    That the hearing should be adjourned -

The home office lawyer is asking for an adjournment on the basis that the pending Akinsanya case would address the issue and it is in the best interest of the justice according to the home office lawyer that the judge should do this.

The judge disagrees on the above using the below arguments

The case is similar, but not identical, to that in Akinsanya

The appellant in Akinsanya was in the UK with extant limited leave to remain under Appendix FM. In contrast, the appellant, in this case, is outside the UK and does not have any leave.

The judge does not believe it is a reasonable expectation that the pending case on Akinsanya would address the issue here as the case is not the same

. “Secondly, waiting for the Court of Appeal judgment in Akinsanya may result in a substantial delay which is potentially prejudicial to two British citizen children”

The judge believes adjourning the case may result in substantial delay which may be harmful to the two British citizen children, so the judge is not willing to allow Akinsanya to be used as a delaying tactics

Conclusion

So, the adjournment is not granted because it does not deem appropriate

The second judge did agree that the first judge did make a mistake by considering 8 ECHR and section 55 of the 2009 Act in his or her decision. However, this does not invalidate the decision made because the decision to allow the appeal was not based on 8 ECHR and section 55 of the 2009 Act rather on the appellant meets the criteria in the EEA as contented initially by the home office lawyer saying it is not a last resort

I’m going to infer (guess) the following based on how the judge has referenced Akinsanya in this case

"My conclusion is that nothing decided in the CJEU or domestically since the decision in Zambrano supports the theory that the existence of a concurrent limited leave to remain of itself automatically extinguishes a claim for Zambrano residence. On the contrary, it is clear to me from the facts of Zambrano itself that the CJEU tacitly acknowledged that a limited national leave to remain, and a wider Zambrano right to remain, in many cases can and will coexist."

If the above taken from the judge’s decision is true, I don’t foresee any significant defeat in the pending Akinsanya case- remember when two or more people are confirming the same thing, there is likely to be element of truth in it.

“it is clear to me from the facts of Zambrano”

This is bold and it is highly unlikely that a judge would make this assertion unless there is convincing evidence to support that.

If there is nothing in the CJEU or domestically that says the existence of a concurrent limited leave to remain of itself automatically extinguishes a claim for Zambrano residence, then I guess one option for the home office to stop Zambrano parents is to bring in a law to stop people with Leave to remain to apply for EU settlement. The problem with this is that history shows us that when a new law is introduced to address an issue with existing law if you had a case based on the old law, your case is determined by the old law, (in other words the new law are generally not used retrospectively) so, again this doesn’t solve home office dilemma

Plainly, if Moystn J is correct that having limited leave to remain does not extinguish a claim for a derivative right to reside under the Zambrano principle it follows that having a prospect of being granted leave does not extinguish a claim for a Zambrano derivative right of residence.

The idea that the judge, in this case, is referencing the judge in the Akinsanya Case suggests that the pending Akinsanya case have a higher probability of success and that the judge doesn’t believe the Judge in Akinsanya’s case made a mistake in law.

Note:

This is my own interpretation and it does not necessarily mean that this is what is going to happen. It is possible I might not have been objective in my interpretation as I have an interest in Akinsanya case myself.

I hope this brings comfort to everyone waiting on Akinsanya's case as myself and also breakdown the decision in familiar language as requested by the fellow member.

LULUBABY
    Mood:
    Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:27 pm

Lagosbos wrote:
    Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:33 pm
    to be free wrote:
    Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:06 pm
    LULUBABY wrote:

A good piece of judgement for those who applied for family permit from outside the UK as Zambrano carer

https://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/format.c ... (zambrano)
    5. The judge stated in paragraph 10 that he asked the respondent's representative whether she could direct him to any authority to support the contention that a derivative right to reside is a right of last resort. He recorded that she responded in the negative.

Oooopsy, she responded in negative. You’ve made my day Lagosbos. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face.

to be free
    Venezuela

Post by to be free » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:59 pm

askme234 wrote:
    Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:18 pm
    Please note I am not a solicitor, nor a legal expert. This is just my own interpretation of the decision and inference based on the decision

if you find this helpful, all kudos should go to Snooky, Obie and co as I am tapping from their knowledge.

Below are my own summaries in plain English (or as I understand it)

The main contention in the First-tier Tribunal on 3 June 2021 when the judge allowed the appeal

Do you have to previously apply for entry clearance under Appendix FM because a derivative right of residence is a "right of last resort"?

The home office lawyer who made the assertion was not able to support his or her assertion with any evidence when asked by the judge to validate that assertion according to the judge. Therefore, the judge did not accept that notion.

My conclusion

You DO NOT have to apply under Appendix FM first to excise your right under the EEA.

Second appeal at the upper tribunal

Main contention

1 That the judge makes a mistake in the first appeal by having regard to article 8 ECHR and section 55 of the 2009 Act which are immaterial to whether there is a right to reside under regulation 16(5).

2 That the hearing should be adjourned pending the Court of Appeal's consideration of Akinsanya, R (On the Application Of) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2021] EWHC 1535 (Admin).

My analysis of the above
      That the hearing should be adjourned -

The home office lawyer is asking for an adjournment on the basis that the pending Akinsanya case would address the issue and it is in the best interest of the justice according to the home office lawyer that the judge should do this.

The judge disagrees on the above using the below arguments

The case is similar, but not identical, to that in Akinsanya

The appellant in Akinsanya was in the UK with extant limited leave to remain under Appendix FM. In contrast, the appellant, in this case, is outside the UK and does not have any leave.

The judge does not believe it is a reasonable expectation that the pending case on Akinsanya would address the issue here as the case is not the same

. “Secondly, waiting for the Court of Appeal judgment in Akinsanya may result in a substantial delay which is potentially prejudicial to two British citizen children”

The judge believes adjourning the case may result in substantial delay which may be harmful to the two British citizen children, so the judge is not willing to allow Akinsanya to be used as a delaying tactics

Conclusion

So, the adjournment is not granted because it does not deem appropriate

The second judge did agree that the first judge did make a mistake by considering 8 ECHR and section 55 of the 2009 Act in his or her decision. However, this does not invalidate the decision made because the decision to allow the appeal was not based on 8 ECHR and section 55 of the 2009 Act rather on the appellant meets the criteria in the EEA as contented initially by the home office lawyer saying it is not a last resort

I’m going to infer (guess) the following based on how the judge has referenced Akinsanya in this case

"My conclusion is that nothing decided in the CJEU or domestically since the decision in Zambrano supports the theory that the existence of a concurrent limited leave to remain of itself automatically extinguishes a claim for Zambrano residence. On the contrary, it is clear to me from the facts of Zambrano itself that the CJEU tacitly acknowledged that a limited national leave to remain, and a wider Zambrano right to remain, in many cases can and will coexist."

If the above taken from the judge’s decision is true, I don’t foresee any significant defeat in the pending Akinsanya case- remember when two or more people are confirming the same thing, there is likely to be element of truth in it.

“it is clear to me from the facts of Zambrano”

This is bold and it is highly unlikely that a judge would make this assertion unless there is convincing evidence to support that.

If there is nothing in the CJEU or domestically that says the existence of a concurrent limited leave to remain of itself automatically extinguishes a claim for Zambrano residence, then I guess one option for the home office to stop Zambrano parents is to bring in a law to stop people with Leave to remain to apply for EU settlement. The problem with this is that history shows us that when a new law is introduced to address an issue with existing law if you had a case based on the old law, your case is determined by the old law, (in other words the new law are generally not used retrospectively) so, again this doesn’t solve home office dilemma

Plainly, if Moystn J is correct that having limited leave to remain does not extinguish a claim for a derivative right to reside under the Zambrano principle it follows that having a prospect of being granted leave does not extinguish a claim for a Zambrano derivative right of residence.

The idea that the judge, in this case, is referencing the judge in the Akinsanya Case suggests that the pending Akinsanya case have a higher probability of success and that the judge doesn’t believe the Judge in Akinsanya’s case made a mistake in law.

Note:

This is my own interpretation and it does not necessarily mean that this is what is going to happen. It is possible I might not have been objective in my interpretation as I have an interest in Akinsanya case myself.

I hope this brings comfort to everyone waiting on Akinsanya's case as myself and also breakdown the decision in familiar language as requested by the fellow member.
      Thanks@askme234. It's clearer now. We wait and see how it will all turn out...God please help us!

LULUBABY
      Mood:
      Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:09 am

ravindra121 wrote:
      Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:01 am
      LULUBABY wrote:
      Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:40 pm
      ravindra121 wrote:
      Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:55 pm
      I have applied for zambrano with british child and left UK on last July 2020 while application under processing. application been refused and didn't even apply for administrative review.
      Now I'm in Sri Lanka and my british son who is 6 years old doesnt like to stay here.

My question
      is there anyway that I could apply for the same route from outside UK or any other route to come in to the UK with my family. ( I have 2 more children who born in UK, but they not british, Me and my wife are Sri Lankans, 1st child british under stateless route)

Thank you
      snooky wrote:
      Tue May 12, 2020 9:34 pm
      @ravindra121

Hi according to the Home Office, you do not currently have Leave to Remain in the UK so you can't travel out and come in.

Should you have Leave to Remain, them during your Zambrano EUSS application consideration, you could travel in and out of UK. This is because EUSS actually legality of proof will start from 1 July 2021.

Now for the checks that HO do, actually no one knows which checks HO carries out. But the clue is in their guidance.

1. Eligibility 2. Suitability 3. Evidential Documents, 4. False Representation, 5. Good Character, 6. Dependency and Responsibilities, 7. Public Health, 8. Other Factors.

Your application could be answered within 10 months due to experience and what we have seen over here.

Hope this will help u. But be careful, do not travel as you have no leave to remain
      Hello Ravindra, I was just going through your previous posts and saw this reply to you from Snooky when you stated that you needed to travel. Oh dear, why did you travel?.
      Im afraid I had to travel for some reasons. Is there anyway I could use my child's citizenship to come back
      Hi Ravindra, how are you and your child?. How is he coping?. Can you please read the last 3 posts, the one with some of the paragraphs highlighted in yellow. Does it affect you?. You can always ask questions if you require more explanation.
      Hoping you get sorted soon and join us over here again.

askme234
      Newly Registered
      Nigeria

Post by askme234 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:38 pm

Hi Snooky and Co,

I need your help on the below;

My appeal for the derivative residence card under the Zambrano has been dismissed on the basis set out by the judge below. I need your help in applying to the upper tribunal as it says I can only apply on a point of law and it must be in accordance with the rule.

Would you please read the decision below and point me in the right direction? so that I don't break any law when lodging in the application.

Please note that my FM leave to remain has now expired and I didn't renew it. Although, I still have a pending application for the EU settlement scheme(Second application) which was sent in June this year.

Many thanks for your help in advance

To the Appellant and Respondent

Clerk to the First-tier Tribunal
      Enclosed are the First-tier Tribunal’s decision and reasons in the above appeal.

Either party may apply to the First-tier Tribunal for permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal on a point of law
      arising from the First-tier Tribunal's decision.
      Any application must be made in accordance with the relevant Procedure Rules and must be provided to the Tribunal
      so that it is received no later than 14 days after the date on which the party making the application was sent the
      written reasons for the decision, except where the Appellant is outside the United Kingdom; in which case any
      application must be provided to the Tribunal so that it is received no later than 28 days after the date on which the
      party making the application was sent the written reasons for the decision.
      The Secretary of State will be informed of any application made by an appellant for permission to appeal to the Upper
      Tribunal (but not the grounds). This is to prevent any unlawful action being taken.
      All applications must be sent to:

© CROWN COPYRIGHT 2021
      IAC-AH-     -V1
      First-tier Tribunal
      (Immigration and Asylum Chamber)
      THE IMMIGRATION ACTS
      Heard on the Papers at Taylor House Decision & Reasons
      Promulgated
      On 30 November 2021
      ………………21.12.2021………
      Before
      JUDGE OF THE FIRST-TIER TRIBUNAL N M PAUL
      Between
      (ANONYMITY DIRECTION NOT MADE)
      Appellant
      and
      ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICER

Respondent

DECISION AND REASONS

1. The appellant is a citizen of xxxxxxxxxx. On 22 September 2020
      his application, made on 30 June 2020 for a derivative residence card under the
      Zambrano judgment to confirm that he was a Primary Carer of a British citizen
      dependant, was refused.

Respondent’s Decision
      2. The application had been considered under Regulations 16(5), 8 & 20 of the EEA
      Regulations 2016. The Secretary of State was required to issue an applicant with a
      derivative residence card on production of a valid passport and proof that a person
      had a derivative right to reside in the UK.

3. The appellant was applying on the basis that he was the Primary Carer of xx
      xxxx, a British citizen. To be considered the Primary Carer, the
      appellant would have to provide evidence to show that he spent the majority of his
      time with his child, and that he was responsible financially for that child. No evidence
      had been submitted to demonstrate that he lived with Philip, or that he was financially
      responsible for him.

4. Furthermore, to qualify for a residence card, he had to show that he was the Primary
      Carer. However, Philip was living with his mother, xxxxx, who was
      a British citizen and free from British Immigration controls. The appellant’s son’s
      mother could continue to care for her son in the UK if the appellant was required to
      leave. The Zambrano application required that a person seeking this right had to
      establish that he was the Primary Carer of the British citizen.
      The Appeal

5. The appellant had submitted with his appeal notice a bundle of documents which
      included (amongst other things) evidence of finance, employment, and his son’s
      education and domestic circumstances. He also included a letter in which he set out
      his reasons for applying for a derivative residence card. He said that they were living
      at the same address, and his partner had another son with the appellant, as well as a
      stepson. They had been living together at the same address since January 2016,
      and the appellant’s son attended a local primary school in xxxx. The
      supporting documents indicated that he was living with his father, and that the
      appellant was financially responsible.

6. The appellant then invoked the decision of the Supreme Court in Patel & Shah -vSSHD [2019], and in particular quoted from the judgment of Lady Arden which said
      that, where a father would be compelled to leave the UK, the consequences for the
      child would be the determinative feature of whether or not the Zambrano test was
      met.

7. It was therefore argued that the application had been wrongly refused on the basis of
      the incorrect consideration of Regulation 16(5)c.

Conclusions & Reasons

8. The burden is on the appellant to show that he meets the requirements of the EEA
      Regulations. The simple answer in this case is that the appellant has not established
      that he is the Primary Carer under the Zambrano principle, because of course he
      shares the care of his child with the child’s mother, and they are all living in a family
      unit. In any event according to the respondent’s decision notice, he had previously
      been granted leave to remain under Appendix FM, and that was the correct route for
      a further application for leave to remain. Thus, it excluded him from being
      considered under the EEA Regulations.

9. In my view, the SSHD’s analysis in this case is right, and the appellant’s attempt to
      bypass the requirement of Appendix FM cannot succeed. The decision was properly
      made.

This appeal is dismissed, as the respondent’s decision was in accordance with the EEA
      Regulations.
      No anonymity direction is made.
      Signed Date 3 December 2021
      Judge Nicholas M Paul
      Judge of the First-tier Tribunal
      TO THE RESPONDENT
      FEE AWARD
      I have dismissed the appeal and therefore there can be no fee award.
      Judge Nicholas M Paul

snooky
      United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:03 am

askme234 wrote:
      Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:38 pm
      Hi Snooky and Co,

I need your help on the below;

My appeal for the derivative residence card under the Zambrano has been dismissed on the basis set out by the judge below. I need your help in applying to the upper tribunal as it says I can only apply on a point of law and it must be in accordance with the rule.

Would you please read the decision below and point me in the right direction? so that I don't break any law when lodging in the application.

Please note that my FM leave to remain has now expired and I didn't renew it. Although, I still have a pending application for the EU settlement scheme(Second application) which was sent in June this year.

Many thanks for your help in advance

To the Appellant and Respondent

Clerk to the First-tier Tribunal
      Enclosed are the First-tier Tribunal’s decision and reasons in the above appeal.

Either party may apply to the First-tier Tribunal for permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal on a point of law
      arising from the First-tier Tribunal's decision.
      Any application must be made in accordance with the relevant Procedure Rules and must be provided to the Tribunal
      so that it is received no later than 14 days after the date on which the party making the application was sent the
      written reasons for the decision, except where the Appellant is outside the United Kingdom; in which case any
      application must be provided to the Tribunal so that it is received no later than 28 days after the date on which the
      party making the application was sent the written reasons for the decision.
      The Secretary of State will be informed of any application made by an appellant for permission to appeal to the Upper
      Tribunal (but not the grounds). This is to prevent any unlawful action being taken.
      All applications must be sent to:

© CROWN COPYRIGHT 2021
      IAC-AH-     -V1
      First-tier Tribunal
      (Immigration and Asylum Chamber)
      THE IMMIGRATION ACTS
      Heard on the Papers at Taylor House Decision & Reasons
      Promulgated
      On 30 November 2021
      ………………21.12.2021………
      Before
      JUDGE OF THE FIRST-TIER TRIBUNAL N M PAUL
      Between
      (ANONYMITY DIRECTION NOT MADE)
      Appellant
      and
      ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICER

Respondent

DECISION AND REASONS

1. The appellant is a citizen of xxxxxxxxxx. On 22 September 2020
      his application, made on 30 June 2020 for a derivative residence card under the
      Zambrano judgment to confirm that he was a Primary Carer of a British citizen
      dependant, was refused.

Respondent’s Decision
      2. The application had been considered under Regulations 16(5), 8 & 20 of the EEA
      Regulations 2016. The Secretary of State was required to issue an applicant with a
      derivative residence card on production of a valid passport and proof that a person
      had a derivative right to reside in the UK.

3. The appellant was applying on the basis that he was the Primary Carer of xx
      xxxx, a British citizen. To be considered the Primary Carer, the
      appellant would have to provide evidence to show that he spent the majority of his
      time with his child, and that he was responsible financially for that child. No evidence
      had been submitted to demonstrate that he lived with Philip, or that he was financially
      responsible for him.

4. Furthermore, to qualify for a residence card, he had to show that he was the Primary
      Carer. However, Philip was living with his mother, xxxxx, who was
      a British citizen and free from British Immigration controls. The appellant’s son’s
      mother could continue to care for her son in the UK if the appellant was required to
      leave. The Zambrano application required that a person seeking this right had to
      establish that he was the Primary Carer of the British citizen.
      The Appeal

5. The appellant had submitted with his appeal notice a bundle of documents which
      included (amongst other things) evidence of finance, employment, and his son’s
      education and domestic circumstances. He also included a letter in which he set out
      his reasons for applying for a derivative residence card. He said that they were living
      at the same address, and his partner had another son with the appellant, as well as a
      stepson. They had been living together at the same address since January 2016,
      and the appellant’s son attended a local primary school in xxxx. The
      supporting documents indicated that he was living with his father, and that the
      appellant was financially responsible.

6. The appellant then invoked the decision of the Supreme Court in Patel & Shah -vSSHD [2019], and in particular quoted from the judgment of Lady Arden which said
      that, where a father would be compelled to leave the UK, the consequences for the
      child would be the determinative feature of whether or not the Zambrano test was
      met.

7. It was therefore argued that the application had been wrongly refused on the basis of
      the incorrect consideration of Regulation 16(5)c.

Conclusions & Reasons

8. The burden is on the appellant to show that he meets the requirements of the EEA
      Regulations. The simple answer in this case is that the appellant has not established
      that he is the Primary Carer under the Zambrano principle, because of course he
      shares the care of his child with the child’s mother, and they are all living in a family
      unit. In any event according to the respondent’s decision notice, he had previously
      been granted leave to remain under Appendix FM, and that was the correct route for
      a further application for leave to remain. Thus, it excluded him from being
      considered under the EEA Regulations.

9. In my view, the SSHD’s analysis in this case is right, and the appellant’s attempt to
      bypass the requirement of Appendix FM cannot succeed. The decision was properly
      made.

This appeal is dismissed, as the respondent’s decision was in accordance with the EEA
      Regulations.
      No anonymity direction is made.
      Judge Nicholas M Paul
      TO THE RESPONDENT
      FEE AWARD
      I have dismissed the appeal and therefore there can be no fee award.
      Judge Nicholas M Paul
      Check Miss-Suz thread on page 29.

On No.9 of what you have posted, the judge erred as due to Judge Mostyn and SSHDs Consent Order in Akinsanya, you were not trying to bypass but the SSHDs agreed that you can hold the two stays.

So look through the Consent Order of Akinsanya

Lagosbos
      European Union

Post by Lagosbos » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:19 am

I guess @Snooky meant page 129.

snooky
      United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:41 pm

Lagosbos wrote:
      Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:19 am
      I guess @Snooky meant page 129.

Tnx mate

askme234
      Newly Registered
      Nigeria

Post by askme234 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:28 pm

Thanks Snooky and Lagosbos.
      I will review that accordingly