ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leaving UK while citizenship application pending

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mani913
Pakistan

Leaving UK while citizenship application pending

Post by Mani913 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:47 am

Dear all

As always thanks for the previous help so far through this forum. I have situation that I am wondering someone can guide with.

Basically I have applied in Mid November for my citizenship application on basis of non EU 5 years settled status (ILR). And now I have to travel abroad my home country for few months as because of my mom illness. I will have to leave job obviously as I don’t think my company will allow me 3-4 months leave.
My question is will that affect my application if I m without job and not in the Uk?
I will appreciate if experts can guide on this or anyone have gone through similar situation?

Best Wishes

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Leaving UK while citizenship application pending

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:49 am

Employment is not a pre-requisite for naturalisation. Also you are allowed to travel (as it's not an immigration application).
I assume you will have the biometrics appointment before you travel. Suggest you have someone monitor your mail in case UKVI contact you for clarification/further documents. You will need to be in the UK for your ceremony.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Mani913
Pakistan

Post by Mani913 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:47 am

Thank you ! I was just worried I have to be in UK .
Yes I have already given my biometrics nearly month ago.

Thanks

HGHGHG
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by HGHGHG » Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:16 pm

Is there a reference that you can provide to me if we can travel outside of the UK while the application is pending?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:25 pm

HGHGHG wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:16 pm
Is there a reference that you can provide to me if we can travel outside of the UK while the application is pending?
Naturalisation is not an immigration application - unlike visa and ILR applications travel outside the UK is not an issue. This question comes up on a daily basis and we all give the same answer.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.