ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS EXTENSION while husband applying for ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

qz437
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

PBS EXTENSION while husband applying for ILR

Post by qz437 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:50 pm

Dear members,

My husband is applying for his ILR set (LR) but there are no super priority and priority options available. An option at the end offered is just a standard one. We have tried refreshing multiples times in the last few days at different times but not to any avail.

I am working as a PBS dependent and my BRP expires on 14/01/21. My little is who was born here also is a PBS dependent.

1. Can I submit my PBS dependent extension while my husband awaits his ILR decision?
2. Will we have to apply for our little ones PBS extension as well or once the ILR decision is back, should we directly apply for his naturalisation?

Any help would would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS EXTENSION while husband applying for ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:10 pm

1. If your husband is applying for ilr based on 10 years long residence, then you cannot extend your PBS dependent visa. You have to switch to FLR M spouse visa and meet the English and financial requirements of £22,400pa. Your 5 year ilr clock will reset to zero.

2. Register child as British once ilr is granted. You might have to pay for NHS use once child's visa expires, at 150% NHS cost
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

qz437
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by qz437 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:17 pm

Dear Cr001,

Thank you so much for a prompt reply. I am grateful.

My husband is a doctor and is applying for ILR after his 5 years residence in UK. He was on a tier 2 and skilled worker visa. I was on a dependent visa. If this is the case then wouldn’t I be eligible for PBS extension or would I have to apply for FLR M?

Moreover my child’s BRP also expires on 14/01/21. Can he be here in UK pending decision of my husbands ILR application even if his BRP has expired?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Kindest regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:22 pm

My husband is applying for his ILR set (LR)
You stated he was applying on SET LR, which is for ILR based on 10 years long residence and not 5 years tier 2.

ILR for 5 years tier 2 is in form SET O. If this is what he is doing, then yes, you can extend your PBS dependent visa for a further 3 years.

Not having a visa has no effect on the child's entitlement to register as British once your husband gets ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

qz437
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by qz437 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:19 pm

Dear CR001

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I cannot thank you enough for sorting out our confusion. We were filling out the wrong application to begin with.

My husband has applied ILR set O and managed to get a super priority appointment.

I have started filling out my PBS DEPENDENT visa application. Both our BRPs are expiring on 14/01/2022.

When I get to the IHS PAYMENT section it is inquiring about work start and end date. My husband is permanent employee and he does not have an end date for his work. However, the current BRP expires on 14/01/2022 but prior to that he will hopefully be issued an ILR and he is also on the shortage occupation list. What should I write in the end date for visa in IHS section whilst we await an ILR decision?
If I write 14/01/2022 it only charges me 320 pounds?
Can you please guide us?

Thanking you in anticipation

Kindest regards

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:41 pm

qz437 wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:19 pm
Dear CR001

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I cannot thank you enough for sorting out our confusion. We were filling out the wrong application to begin with.

My husband has applied ILR set O and managed to get a super priority appointment.

I have started filling out my PBS DEPENDENT visa application. Both our BRPs are expiring on 14/01/2022.

When I get to the IHS PAYMENT section it is inquiring about work start and end date. My husband is permanent employee and he does not have an end date for his work. However, the current BRP expires on 14/01/2022 but prior to that he will hopefully be issued an ILR and he is also on the shortage occupation list. What should I write in the end date for visa in IHS section whilst we await an ILR decision?
If I write 14/01/2022 it only charges me 320 pounds?
Can you please guide us?

Thanking you in anticipation

Kindest regards
Hi qz437,

My query is related to this topic so asking on this thread.

Could you please provide the application form link which you are using for the PBS Dependent Extension as I am in the similar situation.

And apologies for the inconvenience.

Many Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:04 pm

Tier 2 does not exist and the dependants will not extend under the PBS route anymore. It is now Skilled worker visa

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:55 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:04 pm
Tier 2 does not exist and the dependants will not extend under the PBS route anymore. It is now Skilled worker visa

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children
Thanks Zimba.