ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My application for citizenship has been accepted but I am outside the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Loly
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

My application for citizenship has been accepted but I am outside the UK

Post by Loly » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:24 pm

Hi

My application for British citizenship has been approved but I am currently outside the UK. And I had traveled with a travel document issued by the Home Office.

My citizenship ceremony with my local council in January.

So When I get to Heathrow Airport do I need to tell them I'm British? Are there any procedures? Tips?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: My application for citizenship has been accepted but I am outside the UK

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:28 pm

You are not yet British - you need to attend the ceremony, receive your certificate then you can apply for a British passport.
So nothing to say at the UK border - next time use your British passport.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Loly
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Loly » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:35 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:28 pm
You are not yet British - you need to attend the ceremony, receive your certificate then you can apply for a British passport.
So nothing to say at the UK border - next time use your British passport.
Thank you for your reply

How do I apply for my new biometric card ( ID ) after ceremony please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:38 pm

Loly wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:35 pm
Thank you for your reply

How do I apply for my new biometric card ( ID ) after ceremony please?
There is no biomtric card application after the ceremony. Why would you need one once you are British??

Once you attend your ceremony, you simply apply for a British passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mani913
Pakistan

Post by Mani913 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:34 am

Loly wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:24 pm
Hi

My application for British citizenship has been approved but I am currently outside the UK. And I had traveled with a travel document issued by the Home Office.

So When I get to Heathrow Airport do I need to tell them I'm British? Are there any procedures? Tips?

Thanks

Hello
I have just seen your post and would like to ask,
How long you stayed outside UK while your application was pending? Have you been without job for this all time?
Reason I am asking because I am in the similar situation that I will have to travel for few months and would be without job . I applied in mid November and will be going abroad in first week of January
Your answers will help me a lot.
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:43 am

Mani913 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:34 am
Loly wrote:
Hi

Thanks

Hello
How long you stayed outside UK while your application was pending? Have you been without job for this all time?
Reason I am asking because I am in the similar situation that I will have to travel for few months and would be without job . I applied in mid November and will be going abroad in first week of January
Many thanks
Your question was already answered in your post where you asked this. Pleased do not tag repeated questions onto other members topics. Don't assume things, people could simply be on holiday.

british-citizenship/leaving-uk-while-ci ... l#p2047399
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Loly
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Loly » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:43 am
Mani913 wrote:
Loly wrote:
Hi

Thanks

Hello
Many thanks
Your question was already answered in your post where you asked this. Pleased do not tag repeated questions onto other members topics. Don't assume things, people could simply be on holiday.

Thank you both.

In my case and my personal experience, I have been visiting my family in a third country for 3 continuous months, without a job, and I traveled two days after submitting the citizenship application.

Mani913
Pakistan

Post by Mani913 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:19 pm

Loly wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:07 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:43 am
Mani913 wrote:
Loly wrote:
Hi

Thanks

Hello
Many thanks

Thank you both.

In my case and my personal experience, I have been visiting my family in a third country for 3 continuous months, without a job, and I traveled two days after submitting the citizenship application.
Thanks you so much ! Your answer has given me relief. Although the experts here are brilliant and have always advise the best and have given me the best advise with my previous applications.