ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wey_Yu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa English Certificate

Post by Wey_Yu » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:48 pm

Hello

I’m sponsoring my wife with her spouse visa. Can my wife use IELTS academic UKVI instead of IELTS life skills UKVI to prove her English ability?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa English Certificate

Post by TODMATT » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:02 pm

Wey_Yu wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:48 pm
Hello

I’m sponsoring my wife with her spouse visa. Can my wife use IELTS academic UKVI instead of IELTS life skills UKVI to prove her English ability?
Yes you can but does it have a UKVI number and it is above A1?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Wey_Yu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wey_Yu » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:34 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:02 pm
Wey_Yu wrote:
Hello

Hello, thank you. No it doesn’t have a UKVI number on it.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:49 pm

Wey_Yu wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:34 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Wey_Yu wrote:
Hello

Hello, thank you. No it doesn’t have a UKVI number on it.
It should have a UKVI number if she took the correct test. Maybe she took an IELTS Academic test?
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

Wey_Yu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wey_Yu » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:51 pm

Thank you. Yes, she took the academic. So she will need to take the correct one again?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:10 pm

Wey_Yu wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:51 pm
Thank you. Yes, she took the academic. So she will need to take the correct one again?
pls refer to https://www.gov.uk/guidance/prove-your- ... -test-selt for detailed requirements
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:43 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Wey_Yu wrote:
Hello

It CANNOT be used if it has no UKVI number. You need to sit for another English test such as life skills or any other skills for UKVI.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Wey_Yu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wey_Yu » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:36 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:43 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Wey_Yu wrote:
Hello

It CANNOT be used if it has no UKVI number. You need to sit for another English test such as life skills or any other skills for UKVI.
Thank so much for telling me this. I was reading and reading and trying to figure it out. I appreciate it.

Wey_Yu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK Spouse Visa

Post by Wey_Yu » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:50 pm

Hi, thank you for the great answers I got before. I am getting a little stressed as there is still plenty more things I need to prepare and ask. I don’t want to make multiple threads. So maybe I can ask things here?

One question I had today was, what is the best way to provide the documents. I’m the sponsor in the UK and my wife is abroad. Should I just scan them and email or post them by a courier to her? Or perhaps it’s best to go to a VFS office in UK and scan them there. Also do the documents need to be notarized?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Spouse Visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:55 pm

I don’t want to make multiple threads. So maybe I can ask things here?
Topics merged. Do not start new topics in other sub forums. Keep all your questions in your existing thread, this one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:14 pm

Wey_Yu wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:50 pm
Hi, thank you for the great answers I got before. I am getting a little stressed as there is still plenty more things I need to prepare and ask. I don’t want to make multiple threads. So maybe I can ask things here?

One question I had today was, what is the best way to provide the documents. I’m the sponsor in the UK and my wife is abroad. Should I just scan them and email or post them by a courier to her? Or perhaps it’s best to go to a VFS office in UK and scan them there. Also do the documents need to be notarized?
You send documents to her digitally and then She will need to upload all documents on VFS website. Notarisation is not necessary, but non English documents should be translated.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:29 pm

Wey_Yu wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:50 pm

One question I had today was, what is the best way to provide the documents. I’m the sponsor in the UK and my wife is abroad. Should I just scan them and email or post them by a courier to her? Or perhaps it’s best to go to a VFS office in UK and scan them there. Also do the documents need to be notarized? You can get the documents scanned, get access to the application page or account and upload it yourself from the UK. If there are no documents that you are translating into English or such hardly anything needs beingg notarized.

Wey_Yu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wey_Yu » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:35 pm

Thank you very much. The wedding certificate will be translated.

Wey_Yu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wey_Yu » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:36 am

I have a previous marriage from a few years ago and I got divorced. I’m the sponsor, do I still need to provide the divorce paper from my previous marriage? She was from the same country, I hope it won’t have an impact. Quite a bit worried about it.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:15 pm

Wey_Yu wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:36 am
I have a previous marriage from a few years ago and I got divorced. I’m the sponsor, do I still need to provide the divorce paper from my previous marriage? She was from the same country, I hope it won’t have an impact. Quite a bit worried about it.
Yes you do need to provide it. If the divorce was done and completed before your new marriage contract you gave got nothing to worry about.

Wey_Yu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wey_Yu » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:41 am

Thank you all for your kind help. I’m sure I’ll have a few more questions soon. So stressed 😫

Wey_Yu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wey_Yu » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:56 pm

The receipt for the wedding reception is in another language as it was held in another country, should I get the receipt translated? I don’t know if anyone would even notarize a receipt. Not include the receipt at all?

And also for list your shared financial responsibilities. She put.

As we are currently not living together we do not have any shared financial responsibilities, however my husband helps with my rent by sending money almost each month as can be seen by the invoices provided from Western Union and World Remit.

Do I also need to print the credit card invoices I to show how I paid or would the Western Union and World Remit invoices be enough?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:37 am

Wey_Yu wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:56 pm
The receipt for the wedding reception is in another language as it was held in another country, should I get the receipt translated? I don’t know if anyone would even notarize a receipt. Not include the receipt at all? Not required however any item of documentation you decide to use that is not in English has to be translated professionally.

And also for list your shared financial responsibilities. She put.

As we are currently not living together we do not have any shared financial responsibilities, however my husband helps with my rent by sending money almost each month as can be seen by the invoices provided from Western Union and World Remit.

Do I also need to print the credit card invoices I to show how I paid or would the Western Union and World Remit invoices be enough? Besides for shared financial responsibility, it can be used for evidence of subsisting relationship.

Wey_Yu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wey_Yu » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:26 pm

Thanks, I have those. I just didn’t know whether to include the credit card statements from those transactions too. Also my middle name is not included in my payslips, just first name and surname. Not sure if that’s a problem?

Sid ould
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Sid ould » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:40 pm

Hello everyone,
I am applying for an extension of my spouse dependent visa and the following question confuses as to what type I need to choose:
What type of visa, leave to enter or remain, or other permission do you have to be in the UK?
one of the answers is either Family, Settlement, or other.
Not sure which one I need to select? I am suspecting it's family but still not sure it could well be other and i can write spouse dependent?
Your assistance would be much appreciated

Many thanks in advance

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:19 pm

Wey_Yu wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:26 pm
Thanks, I have those. I just didn’t know whether to include the credit card statements from those transactions too. Also my middle name is not included in my payslips, just first name and surname. Not sure if that’s a problem?
Not a problem.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:21 pm

Sid ould wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:40 pm
Hello everyone,
I am applying for an extension of my spouse dependent visa and the following question confuses as to what type I need to choose:
What type of visa, leave to enter or remain, or other permission do you have to be in the UK?
one of the answers is either Family, Settlement, or other.
Not sure which one I need to select? I am suspecting it's family but still not sure it could well be other and i can write spouse dependent?
Your assistance would be much appreciated

Many thanks in advance
Do not hijack someone else's topic. Create yours or continue in your existing thread.

Wey_Yu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wey_Yu » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:24 pm

Thank you so much.
AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:19 pm
Wey_Yu wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:26 pm
Not a problem.

Wey_Yu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wey_Yu » Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:16 am

When submitting documents is it better that I go to VFS in the Uk, what do we do? Do you know the process, for example pay a fee and then the staff help? Does anyone have this experience to share it please?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:51 am

Wey_Yu wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:16 am
When submitting documents is it better that I go to VFS in the Uk, what do we do? Do you know the process, for example pay a fee and then the staff help? Does anyone have this experience to share it please?
Best is to upload the documents online yourself if you are able to.