ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 - Earnings - Doubt

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sankar.bee
Newly Registered

Tier1 - Earnings - Doubt

Post by sankar.bee » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:34 am

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for an UK visa under Tier1. I have payslips for the period 1-Nov-2008 to 12-May-2008 in India and UK payslips from 13-May-2008 to 31-Oct-2008. Will i be able to apply with this; i have all the payslips attested and both the payslips from India and UK are from the same company. If i can apply; which date should i use to convert INR (forex); should i use 12-May-2008 or 31-May-2008. Please advice.

Regards,
Shankar.

Preprem
Newly Registered

Post by Preprem » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:53 am

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... s/#header6

How we convert your earnings into pounds sterling (GBP)
Earnings made overseas must be converted into pounds sterling so that we can assess them. The exchange rate we use is the one produced by OANDA.

You should use the closing spot exchange rate on the OANDA website on the last day of the period for which you have claimed earnings in that currency. You can find a link to the website on the right side of this page. It is an independent website, for which we are not responsible.

Thus, on the last day of the period for which you have claimed earnings in that currency ===this would be 12/5/08

abdik1980

Post by abdik1980 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:11 am

Friends:

One thing more you told me that BHC accepts the bonus if it was mentioned on the salary slip. Let me explain you my case:

My company had deposited monthly salary of Aug in my bank account on 2nd sept. 2008 while performance based bonus was given to me on 23rd sept, 2008 and deposited on the same day in my bank account. In this case; should my company have to mention this bonus on my salary slip of Aug? Please note that both salary and bounus were deposited in my bank account separately. Please guide.

ramgsk

Since they are credited separately, BHC might not accept it

Post by ramgsk » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi,
Since your bonus is not credited with the name of SALARY in your account, and also since it is not credited with the regular salary deposits, I strongly think that BHC might not accept it as part of the previous earnings.
abdik1980 wrote:Friends:

One thing more you told me that BHC accepts the bonus if it was mentioned on the salary slip. Let me explain you my case:

My company had deposited monthly salary of Aug in my bank account on 2nd sept. 2008 while performance based bonus was given to me on 23rd sept, 2008 and deposited on the same day in my bank account. In this case; should my company have to mention this bonus on my salary slip of Aug? Please note that both salary and bounus were deposited in my bank account separately. Please guide.
- Ramgsk

abdik1980

Post by abdik1980 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:37 am

Does BHC accepts performance based Bonus? Tax was deducted on this BONUS and this is mentioned on Salary slip.

What if bonus was paid as annual or performance based? In that case I 've to show two separate types of proof for bonus..Is that right? Please note that I got bonus from the same company where I am doing job and getting monthly salary. Thanks