ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa Query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Suburban Bob
Newly Registered
United States of America

UK Spouse Visa Query

Post by Suburban Bob » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:28 pm

US wife receives a UK Spouse visa and arrives in UK in 2018. In 2020 UK born husband immigrates to US with US wife. However it is proving difficult for UK spouse to settle in US.

Now looking ahead and both giving consideration to returning to UK in the next 4 years (when UK Spouse qualifys for UK State Pension).

During the UK Spouse US visa process, it became apparent the US Spouse, in her mid/late teens, had a very short marriage which was annulled soon after the ceremony. It was a period of great embarrassment which had been erased from memory and as such was not mentioned in the application for the UK Spouse Visa issued 2018.

When the time comes it is important all known facts are correctly recorded on any application for a future UK Spouse Visa.

Any advice on how to manage this?

Also, given the US Spouse has already held a UK Spouse Visa and lived in UK, will this prevent securing a UK Visit Visa in the next year or 2?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse Visa Query

Post by TODMATT » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:10 pm

Suburban Bob wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:28 pm
US wife receives a UK Spouse visa and arrives in UK in 2018. In 2020 UK born husband immigrates to US with US wife. However it is proving difficult for UK spouse to settle in US.

Now looking ahead and both giving consideration to returning to UK in the next 4 years (when UK Spouse qualifys for UK State Pension).

During the UK Spouse US visa process, it became apparent the US Spouse, in her mid/late teens, had a very short marriage which was annulled soon after the ceremony. It was a period of great embarrassment which had been erased from memory and as such was not mentioned in the application for the UK Spouse Visa issued 2018.

When the time comes it is important all known facts are correctly recorded on any application for a future UK Spouse Visa.

Also, given the US Spouse has already held a UK Spouse Visa and lived in UK, will this prevent securing a UK Visit Visa in the next year or 2?
This could go both ways,

I will be inclined to declare this previous annulled marriage and explain in a cover letter rather than another caseworker picking this up when doing extra checks on future applications.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Suburban Bob
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Suburban Bob » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:59 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:10 pm
Suburban Bob wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:28 pm

This could go both ways,

I will be inclined to declare this previous annulled marriage and explain in a cover letter rather than another caseworker picking this up when doing extra checks on future applications.
Thanks for the response.

Without doubt it is a very delicate situation which is fraught with problems. None more so than submitting the visa application and laying out the issue only for the application to be rejected and the loss of cash that entails. I agree that any visa application is a risk however its more comforting when the likelyhood of a positive outcome is known. Perhaps an Immigration Solicitor should be approached (more expenditure!) before any application is submitted?

What about the point raised concerning any difficulties of securing a Visit Visa having alteady had a Spouse Visa?

Grateful for further views from this community.

Suburban Bob
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Suburban Bob » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:36 am

I was hoping for thoughts, opinions and guidance from a wider group.

Does anyone else have anything to offer?

Grateful🙂

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:54 pm

Suburban Bob wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:36 am

Grateful🙂
There is not much to say about it or seeking wider feedback. If an error was made and noted then make amends and not wait for the authority to find out by themself.

Suburban Bob
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Suburban Bob » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:20 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:54 pm
Suburban Bob wrote:

Grateful🙂
There is not much to say about it or seeking wider feedback. If an error was made and noted then make amends and not wait for the authority to find out by themself.
Thank you.

I assume an accompanying letter should be includrd with any future Spouse Visa application? Or is there a more appropriate and official procedure?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:41 pm

Suburban Bob wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:20 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Suburban Bob wrote:

Grateful🙂
Thank you.

I assume an accompanying letter should be includrd with any future Spouse Visa application? Or is there a more appropriate and official procedure?
That is not much of a task towards ensuring a successful application and stand you in good stead with consistency of rectification.

Suburban Bob
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Suburban Bob » Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:39 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:41 pm
Suburban Bob wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
Suburban Bob wrote:

Grateful🙂
Thank you.

That is not much of a task towards ensuring a successful application and stand you in good stead with consistency of rectification.
Thank you.

Indeed, providing the corrected information is not at all too onerous a task. Particularly if it helps secure a positive outcome. However, is there an official form to be submitted which should contain the rectification or is an accompanying letter sufficient?

Thanks again for your continuing input. Grateful.

Compliments of the Season.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:07 pm

Suburban Bob wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:39 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:41 pm
Suburban Bob wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
Suburban Bob wrote:

Grateful🙂
Thank you.

Thank you.

Indeed, providing the corrected information is not at all too onerous a task. Particularly if it helps secure a positive outcome. However, is there an official form to be submitted which should contain the rectification or is an accompanying letter sufficient?

Thanks again for your continuing input. Grateful.

Compliments of the Season.
Accompanying note or letter will be sufficient.