ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent spouse financial support for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aamir2016
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependent spouse financial support for naturalisation

Post by Aamir2016 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:38 pm

Dear Immigration Board.
I got ILR as tier 2 dependant of my wife in oct 2020,My spouse has already got her british passport few months ago.I have not done any job since arrival in uk and have remained house husband throughout,I am also applying for my 2 children age 9 and 10 in my application.My question is that will doing no job for last 7 yrs,effect my citizenship application? Also do I need bank statement/pay slips/ any letter from my spouse that she will support us financialy?
I would be very grateful.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Tier 2 dependent spouse financial support for naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:43 pm

There are no financial requirements for naturalisation, certainly not your spouse guaranteeing support. It's residency that is required to be proven for the three years back from the application date and as ILR holder you submit your passport(s) scans covering the period.
Note that naturalisation is not an immigration application and has separate requirements.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.