ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ss32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Applying for Ilr, which form?

Post by ss32 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:40 pm

Hello, I hope everyone is fine and staying safe. Actually I'm a bit confused that which form should I use to apply ilr for my cousin. Their father (my uncle) got British citizenship in 2016 and then applied for his family to join them. My uncle got his ilr through the work permit scheme and then got his British citizenship. He only applied for visas of his family after he got his British citizenship. My cousin who is his eldest daughter was under 18 when she got her first leave to enter as a dependent on her father. She then applied for extension as a dependent on her father visa and now she has completed five years and is eligible to apply for Ilr. Can the members please guide me that which form do we need to fill in? Is it the Set (F) or Set (O) or any other form? I'll be grateful if someone on the forum can respond to my query. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for Ilr, which form?

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:08 am

All family need to apply on form SET M.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ss32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ss32 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:42 am

Thanks very much for your response. Just to be more sure about this I wanted to include some more details. My uncle had to show income of 18,600 plus additional income for his kids when he applied for their visas in late 2016. He was already a British citizen at that point when he applied for visas of his kids. He had a work permit through which he got ilr in 2015 and then citizenship in 2016. Can I plz ask what's the difference between using form Set (F) and Set (M)? Who can use form Set(F) and who can use Set(M)? I'll be grateful of you can respond to my query. Thanks

Best regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:48 am

Set m is the form required for those on spouse and child settlement visas under Appendix FM.

Set F is for children under 18 whose parents are both settled and is NOT relevant to the circumstances you have described.

Your uncles precious work permit visa details are completely irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ss32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ss32 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:53 am

@CR001 Thanks so much for your response.

ss32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ss32 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:31 am

Hi Hope u r well and staying safe. I started filling out the form set (M) for my cousin(over 18) who is dependent on her father(who is a British citizen). Whilst filling out the online application form I came across the section named "Partner's details". So do I put her father's details in the Partner section? Also why does in the form it doesn't say anywhere that a child or dependent of a British citizen can apply for ilr using the form set(M) . Following are the wording used, I've quoted it from ukvi website,

"Settle in the UK as the partner of a person, or parent of a child, who is in the UK and settled here: form Set(M)"

I am a bit confused. I'll be really grateful if you can respond to my query. Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:17 am

What’s the status and circumstances of her other parent?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ss32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ss32 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:03 am

@vinny Her other parent(mother) is also dependent on her father. Her mother is also now eligible to apply for ilr. But at the moment her mother hasn't got the settled status.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:22 am

Are you apply for ilr for both of them?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ss32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ss32 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:26 pm

@CR001 I'm initially going to apply for my cousin and then apply for her mother and sister afterwards. Do I need to apply collectively for all of them? Bcz they r all eligible.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:35 pm

Child cannot succeed before the mother. Child may apply in line with mother.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

ss32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ss32 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:56 pm

And which form do I need to use for the children who r over 18 now?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:28 am

Previously, parent may include them in parent’s SET(M). If that has changed, then use SET(F). KoLL, etc., also required.

ss32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Eligibility

Post by ss32 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:05 am

Hello,
I hope everyone is doing great and staying safe. I wanted to ask about my eligibility for ILR. I'll complete my 10 year legal stay in UK in May 2022. But in September 2021 I was fined by local Magistrates court because of the misuse of disabled badge "Section 117 of the road traffic regulations act 1984 as ammended". The letter I received from the Magistrates court said that I need to pay a fine for the following offence "Unlawfully used a disabled person's badge in relation to the parking of the vehicle". The current updated guidance on ILR says
"You must refuse an application for indefinite leave to enter or remain where the
applicant:
has, within the 24 months prior to the date on which the application is decided, been convicted of or admitted an offence for which they have received a non-custodial sentence or other out-of-court disposal that is recorded on their criminal record (under paragraphs 320(1C)(iv) and S-ILR.1.6. of Appendix FM"
"

So I wanted to ask that
Is the offence I committed a recordable offence? Shall I do a police record check and find out if its on my record? Do I have any hope that I can apply for ilr in May 2022 or will I have to wait 24 months? I am really worried about the situation I'm in. I've waited so long for 10 years for this and somehow I made this terrible mistake and got caught on misuse of bluebadge. Throughout my 10 years in UK I've never committed an offence in the past. This was the first time. I applied for extension of my student visa after that incident In October 2021 and disclosed this in my visa application. My visa application was successful and I got the student visa but I'm not sure about the ilr application now because of the good character provision. I request you to please look into my query. I'll be waiting for the response. Thanks

Best regards

ss32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Eligibility

Post by ss32 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:14 am

Dear Members, can anyone please respond to my query. I'll be grateful if you can entertain my request. Thanks

Best regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:27 pm

I do not think this is a recordable offence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ss32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ss32 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:30 pm

@Zimba Thanks very much for your response.
I wanted to ask just for my clarification the following;
(I)do you think that I should get a police report to find out if its recordable or not?
(ii) And then I just declare it on the visa application and say on the cover letter that's its not recordable offence?
(ii) if its not recordable, then am I eligible to apply for ILR in May 2022?

I'll be grateful if you can entertain my request. Thanks

Best regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:37 pm

Request a basic DBS https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record
Simply declare this. I do not believe it has any effect on ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ss32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ss32 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:47 am

@Zimba Thank you very much for your response. Im grateful.

Regards

ss32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ss32 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:16 pm

Hello,
Hope everyone is well and staying safe. I did request a DBS and the offence I mentioned in the conversation above in the thread doesn't show on my basic dbs check.
1) Do I still to declare it in the criminal convictions in the ilr online visa application form?
2) if yes then should I explain in the cover letter that the offence is not recorded on my criminal record or just mention it in the online visa application and don't discuss it in the cover letter?

I'll be grateful if someone can entertain my query. Thanks

Best regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:23 pm

It is up to you. It has no effect

ss32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ss32 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:29 pm

@Zimba Thanks very much for your response sir. Sorry I couldn't get if you answered the first part or second part of question.
1) So should I declare it in criminal convictions in the visa application form? Bcz I'm worried that if I don't, the homeoffice might think that I hid it from them?
2)Secondly I'm thinking of applying through super priority. So when I mention a conviction, will they take longer for the decision? Can I go for super priority service?

Thanks again for your response.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:30 pm

1. You can declare it
2. I cannot tell you what to expect or how this may affect the process. This is up to the UKVI