ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Christiana Nnedinma
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Spouse visa

Post by Christiana Nnedinma » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:08 pm

Greetings from Nigeria.
My issue is complicated.
An agent did my first and second UK Tourist visa application 2017 and 2020 the 2 applications were not granted. In the first application my partner who is now a British sent me an invitation to come as a cousin, then he has not divorced his partner over there and I applied as his cousin and unmarried.
In the second application, I applied as a married, submitted my court wedding certificate but the agent changed my partner's frist name without my consent but all other data remained the same. eg( from Mr John Paul to Mr Peter Paul)
In the same application, where I was asked if i have any one in UK he said yes and mentioned my partner's name and went ahead to say that I don't know where he is.
Now my partner he has divorced his partner over there and we want to apply for a spouse visa and my husband is my sponsor, what should we do about my his first name that was charged by the agent in the recent application made? we still have the original court wedding certificate given to us.
Please your advice is kindly needed.
Thank you.
Now we want to apply for a spouse visa

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa

Post by TODMATT » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:46 pm

Christiana Nnedinma wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:08 pm
Greetings from Nigeria.
My issue is complicated.
An agent did my first and second UK Tourist visa application 2017 and 2020 the 2 applications were not granted. In the first application my partner who is now a British sent me an invitation to come as a cousin, then he has not divorced his partner over there and I applied as his cousin and unmarried.
In the second application, I applied as a married, submitted my court wedding certificate but the agent changed my partner's frist name without my consent but all other data remained the same. eg( from Mr John Paul to Mr Peter Paul)
In the same application, where I was asked if i have any one in UK he said yes and mentioned my partner's name and went ahead to say that I don't know where he is.
Now my partner he has divorced his partner over there and we want to apply for a spouse visa and my husband is my sponsor, what should we do about my his first name that was charged by the agent in the recent application made? we still have the original court wedding certificate given to us.
Thank you.
There's NOTHING you can do other than to explain in a cover letter all of these rather not declaring them. You have to declare the name as it is stated on your current passport and your marriage certificate. Your partner will also need to submit a divorce certificate and please ensure all documents are genuine.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Christiana Nnedinma
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Christiana Nnedinma » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:32 pm

Other senior members please advise. Thanks

Christiana Nnedinma
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Christiana Nnedinma » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:39 pm

Obie and other senior members please advise. Thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:55 pm

You should seek for legal representation because something doesn't seem right here!
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:11 am

Christiana Nnedinma wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:08 pm
Greetings from Nigeria.
My issue is complicated.
Thank you.
Indeed the agent and you previous applications with deception has made your present straightforward application complicated.