ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Super priority service

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: cohabitation

Post by TODMATT » Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:38 pm

It could be but which passport is she using? The Canadian passport will make her exempt as a national who doesn't require an English test.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:00 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:38 pm
It could be but which passport is she using? The Canadian passport will make her exempt as a national who doesn't require an English test.
her first application was through her native passport. Can she use her Canadian passport for the extension application if she didn't use it for the first, as she only received her Canadian citizenship after she applied the first visa?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:19 pm

wodinsrage wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:00 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:38 pm
her first application was through her native passport. Can she use her Canadian passport for the extension application if she didn't use it for the first, as she only received her Canadian citizenship after she applied the first visa?
You can use the Canadian passport for the next extension and you must submit declare and submit both passport snce application will ask you if you held any other nationality.

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:28 pm

1. What UK visa, entry clearance or grant of leave do you have?

BRP only shows Leave to Enter? so we entered what the document says Leave to Enter as Partner (Standard)

2 What is the start date of your current visa or leave to remain?

BRP has 11/04 the visa they issued started 17/04 so which one we should show

3 Your current permission to be in the UK. What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK?

We put family but I am not sure if we should put settlement?

4 Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

5 Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country? + Please explain why you and your partner cannot live together outside the UK?

My husband who is a British citizen and I have been married for six and a half years. We have established a family life in the UK for the last 2 and a half years and we both have careers and have purchased a home in The UK. it would be very difficult both emotionally and financially to abandon my husband to live alone in my home country. ..... is this OK?

6 Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?

We only have number starts with GWF, is it the correct number?

7 Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner?

We said no, As the first visa was a Spouse leave to entre and not an extension, is this right?

8 When did you start living together in a relationship?

we lived almost 2 months in a shared unit. We added the address for the first application but we do not have any utilities from this address only rent agreement for our names. Then we moved to another town and lived there for one and a half years. My question is, should we show this address where we lived only 2 months when my wife entered the UK, or it is fine to just show the address we lived after as it will be covered 2 years period with our current address

9. Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application?

I have just received a pay raise in October, but have been earning an annual salary above the 18.6K even before this raise. Do I enter "The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount" or "Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount"

11 Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?

Have a life here , jobs and house

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:49 pm

addendum to question 8). We were married in 2015, and lived together overseas since 2014. Do we need to list this address, or the first UK address?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:00 pm

wodinsrage wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:28 pm

BRP only shows Leave to Enter? so we entered what the document says Leave to Enter as Partner (Standard)

3 Your current permission to be in the UK. What type of visa,leave to enter [/highlight]or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK?

4 Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth? Yes

5 Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country? + Please explain why you and your partner cannot live together outside the UK?

My husband who is a British citizen and I have been married for six and a half years. We have established a family life in the UK for the last 2 and a half years and we both have careers and have purchased a home in The UK. it would be very difficult both emotionally and financially to abandon my husband to live alone in my home country. ..... is this OK? Yes

6 Do you have any Home Office reference numbers? NO

7 Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner?

We said no, As the first visa was a Spouse leave to entre and not an extension, is this right? CORRECT

we lived almost 2 months in a shared unit. We added the address for the first application but we do not have any utilities from this address only rent agreement for our names. Then we moved to another town and lived there for one and a half years. My question is, should we show this address where we lived only 2 months when my wife entered the UK, or it is fine to just show the address we lived after as it will be covered 2 years period with our current address

9. Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application?

I have just received a pay raise in October, but have been earning an annual salary above the 18.6K even before this raise. Do I enter "The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount" or "Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount"

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:00 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:00 pm
wodinsrage wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:28 pm

3 Your current permission to be in the UK. What type of visa,leave to enter [/highlight]or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK?

4 Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth? Yes

My husband who is a British citizen and I have been married for six and a half years. We have established a family life in the UK for the last 2 and a half years and we both have careers and have purchased a home in The UK. it would be very difficult both emotionally and financially to abandon my husband to live alone in my home country. ..... is this OK? Yes

6 Do you have any Home Office reference numbers? NO

We said no, As the first visa was a Spouse leave to entre and not an extension, is this right? CORRECT

Thank you so much TODMATT, pure lifesaver......

If I could just bother you with one more....

When it asked when me and my wife first started to live together, are they referring to "In England" or previous address "In Canada"? We started to live together in England after she acquired her spouse visa, but were living together in Canada for 4 years before that????

once again, thanks

wodinsrage
Canada

Re: Catagory A or B?? FLM

Post by wodinsrage » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:07 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:14 pm
wodinsrage wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:37 pm
I am applying for a spouse visa for my wife, and have received a annual salary that has unchanged until this October, Will I need to file under category b? as I have worked for the same company, and the only reason my wages changed was due to a performance based raise?
You are good for Category A if all along your salary is at or above the financial requirement of GBP 18,600.
Under salary, on the application, would I put the old salary or the new one

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:08 pm

wodinsrage wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:07 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
wodinsrage wrote:
I am applying for a spouse visa for my wife, and have received a annual salary that has unchanged until this October, Will I need to file under category b? as I have worked for the same company, and the only reason my wages changed was due to a performance based raise?
You are good for Category A if all along your salary is at or above the financial requirement of GBP 18,600.
Current one and explain salary raise. This to be corroborated in the letter from employer

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:45 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:08 pm
wodinsrage wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
wodinsrage wrote:
Current one and explain salary raise. This to be corroborated in the letter from employer
Will the employment letter need to specify, as I usually get paid on the 25th, but this month because of Christmas, I was paid on the 22nd? I think it will be a non issue, but wanted to be sure

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:59 pm

wodinsrage wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:45 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
wodinsrage wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
wodinsrage wrote:
Will the employment letter need to specify, as I usually get paid on the 25th, but this month because of Christmas, I was paid on the 22nd? I think it will be a non issue, but wanted to be sure
No issue at all.

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:21 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:59 pm
wodinsrage wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
wodinsrage wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
wodinsrage wrote:
No issue at all.
As my July salaried bank deposit was made on the 2507/21, and the December was made on 22/12/21,
This wouldn't be an issue, as the payments are made for the Month, not 25th to 25th, correct,

or

Would I need to include the June payslip to account for this 3 day gap.?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:30 pm

You are overthinking. You are ok

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:27 am

wodinsrage wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:21 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:59 pm
wodinsrage wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
wodinsrage wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:

No issue at all.
As my July salaried bank deposit was made on the 2507/21, and the December was made on 22/12/21,
This wouldn't be an issue, as the payments are made for the Month, not 25th to 25th, correct,

or

Would I need to include the June payslip to account for this 3 day Answered before

Similar was answered before, you are overthinking things

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:56 pm

Barclays refuses to Stamp or sign my online printed statement, and have instead offered a print out from the transaction record with a digital stamp. Will home office accept either of these, as I have tried 2 different locations and both will not stamp the statement?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:57 pm

If your online statements are similar to the ones you would receive in the post, then this is fine. They do not need to be stamped.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:38 pm

If I am currently earning over the £18,600.00 threshold, can my wife also include her salary in section A? Would it make sense to do so? and if not, can she include her salary in another part of the application?
We just want to show that she is working full time, and contributing to the household???

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:38 am

wodinsrage wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:38 pm
If I am currently earning over the £18,600.00 threshold, can my wife also include her salary in section A? Would it make sense to do so? and if not, can she include her salary in another part of the application?
We just want to show that she is working full time, and contributing to the household???
It is your decision on that, however it does not make much difference maybe none actually other than you generating more paperwork for evidence and more likely to create confusion for CW.
IMHO, if one income is sufficient then use that.

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:32 pm

We are currently applying for a FLR9M) extension, and were wondering whether we should use My salary, or my wife's salary. We both earn over the 18.6K, But we were wondering if my wife can use her own wages, or whether the wages need to be earned by the sponsor? The reason we ask, is that My wife makes more than myself, but my documentation is a bit stronger???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:38 pm

wodinsrage wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:32 pm
We are currently applying for a FLR9M) extension, and were wondering whether we should use My salary, or my wife's salary. We both earn over the 18.6K, But we were wondering if my wife can use her own wages, or whether the wages need to be earned by the sponsor? The reason we ask, is that My wife makes more than myself, but my documentation is a bit stronger???
It doesn't matter whose salary you use for FLR(M). It can be either of you individually or you can use joint income.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:15 pm

What evidence do we need for Proof of Ownership of the house?
I have
1. Title
2. Mortgage agreement
3. Council tax
4. letters from the solicitor and estate agent
5. Help to buy ISA letters confirming the purchase for both of us
6. A printed floorplan from the estate agent
7. Proof of cohabitation letters (6 joint, 5 each single)

Our concern is that we are applying soon, but the annual statement for the mortgage is not due till February?

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:57 pm

re: the issue being, that we only purchased the house last year, and the first statement isn't due till February

wodinsrage
Canada

Re: Super priority service

Post by wodinsrage » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:38 pm

What evidence do we need for Proof of Ownership of the house?
I have
1. Title
2. Mortgage agreement
3. Council tax
4. letters from the solicitor and estate agent
5. Help to buy ISA letters confirming the purchase for both of us
6. A printed floorplan from the estate agent
7. Proof of cohabitation letters (6 joint, 5 each single)

Our concern is that we are applying soon, but the annual statement for the mortgage is not due till February?

wodinsrage
Canada

Post by wodinsrage » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:33 pm

Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?
We do not have joint bank accounts but the water bill and council tax are in both our names (water bill is paid from my wife's account, and council tax is paid my account) so what is the answer for this yes or no?

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?
yes or no
is this another person apart from me and my wife?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:46 pm

wodinsrage wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:33 pm
Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?
We do not have joint bank accounts but the water bill and council tax are in both our names (water bill is paid from my wife's account, and council tax is paid my account) so what is the answer for this yes or no? Yes and sign

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?
yes or no
is this another person apart from me and my wife? If no other person beside you and your wife is providing towards the applications then leave it as Not Applicable