ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration if child born in UK currently outside

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saliame
Pakistan

Registration if child born in UK currently outside

Post by saliame » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:15 am

Hi All,

The question is on behalf of my friend who is on Tier 2 with his dependent, so their child was born in UK but currently is outside and child never had UK visa, she used home county's passport to go their, now the parents are due to apply for ILR in Feb, can the child apply for registration as BC after they have ILR, from outside UK?

Please share your thoughts/experience

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

S

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Registration if child born in UK currently outside

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:54 pm

can the child apply for registration as BC after they have ILR, from outside UK?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:28 pm

Keep in mind that
(a) once the child is registered as a British citizen, the child can't travel to the UK on a visa (a British citizen can't be issued a visa to come to the UK), and,
(b) applications for the first passport for a British citizen child abroad can take six months to a year.

So factor those delays into any future travel plans.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:41 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable input.

That's really helpful.

Kind regards,

S