ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Roha1
Newly Registered
England

Tier 2 visa

Post by Roha1 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:16 am

Hi,

I'm on tier 2 sponsored visa. I was in relationship and got married with someone outside of UK but after few months I realized he just used me to came to the UK. He promised to give back the money I applied for his visa but he didn't. But when he came to the UK he started abusing me physically and emotionally. I reported it to police and he was asked not to visit my flat. after the involvement of his family like they said he is improving I closed the case on reconciliation bases but a social worker was allocated to protect unborn child. We are now on a visit to home country he first denied not to go back home country as he had doubts I might put up a complaint against him and he stolen away mine and my daughter's passport and abused me. I applied for a new one. but now I don't feel secure here and if I come back to UK he might be back again. He can also take my daughter away from me. what are my options in this case?

Thanks

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 visa

Post by ywlgy » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:43 pm

Report the relationship breakdown here https://www.gov.uk/visas-when-you-separate-or-divorce
His visa will be cancelled. It may take some time so do it as soon as you can.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

Roha1
Newly Registered
England

Post by Roha1 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:29 pm

How long it takes usually for them to cancel visa?
I came to know he applied for replacement BRP visa as he is outside of UK and reported stolen BRP he is making a case against me?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:36 pm

There is no time limit for cancellation. And it is not necessary that they will cancel the visa.

Keep in mind that they will evaluate whether he has any other right to reside in the UK and the fact that he has a UK-resident child can be considered by them.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Roha1
Newly Registered
England

Post by Roha1 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:41 pm

My ex-husband and child are dependent on my visa. He has no other right to stay in UK I'm sure.
What can be his option in case he has a child (child is not British Citizen)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:07 pm

He can only stay if he qualifies for a visa in his own right then.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.