ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor 'License Number not found'

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xcrogers

ILR Application Questions

Post by xcrogers » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:18 pm

Background, I currently hold a tier 2 general visa, applied for outside of the UK valid until Feb 22, 2022. I have been continuously employed by the same (original) sponsor. Looking through the information on gov.uk and the forum here it seems I fall under the Set(O) application and that is what the questions below are based on. Apologies as they are quite ‘typical’ and I have tried to use the forum to make them ‘confirming’ questions though please do correct me or point me towards good posts on the issues. Thank you!

I’d like to confirm when I can apply:
Visa Application approved (email) – 25/01/2017
Entry Clearance valid from (in passport) – 27/01/2017
Entered UK (stamp on visa in passport) – 28/01/2017
BRP valid from 02/02/2017
The earliest I can apply would be Dec 31 2021 correct? (January 27, 2022 minus 28 days)
Payslip/Finance – it would appear the only information I need to submit as part of this application is my most recent payslip & bank statement confirming payment (dated no later than 1 calendar month before application). If I apply Dec 31st would that be a November payslip & statement and if I apply Jan 1 (or beyond) that would be a December payslip & statement? It would appear no other financial information is required (Ie proof of continual funds or savings, proof of employment from HRMC, etc etc) is this typical for Set(O) applications?
It would appear I only need the single letter from my employer documenting the various points (ie still required for the foreseeable future) as noted on the application. No other information from them appears to be required. Typical?
For documenting my absences from the UK, I understand that every day from when 'entry clearance' was provided to when applying for ILR must be accounted for (personal holiday and work travel). As such, I would need to find the first day/period I was out of the UK after I entered on January 28th 2017 and enter that on the application? I say that as I had no ‘full’ days between entry clearance being issued and entering the UK.
While I’ve not exceeding the 180 days/period but I do have quite a lot of shorter trips for work and/or holiday. Reviewing the forum it appears providing one/initial on the application and then the remainder via an excel or pdf format is acceptable?
If I have a lot of work travel (likely not as much as many nor would put me over the limit, but still a bunch) would I need my office to submit any documentation that the travel was part of my job?

Again, thank you for any feedback.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application Questions

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:35 pm

Your understanding is correct in most points. For absences, you only need to add a new sheet if they do not fit in the form. NO need for any confirmation from the employer as long as they mention that all your absences from work were agreed with them
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

xcrogers

Post by xcrogers » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:32 pm

Thank you for the review and note.

I'll likely go for an early January application with super priority to avoid (excessive) delay on reponse and (perhaps) BRP delay so I can continue to travel for work. I had always looked at the end date on my BRP and assumed it that was the date that counted for the 60 months, was glad to learn/be reminded via this forum its the original entry was issued. That brings everything forward by almost a month which will allow me to apply for ILR in advance of my son being born. Why the forum is helpful!

That said...

I'll likely have 35-45 absences over the course of the 5 year period between personal and work travel. Again none would put me anywhere near the 180 day threshold over the counting period(s), just a lot to enter via the (somewhat labourious) web application. So as others have done it would seem a more concise letter/chart noting the required information is just a better way to convey this information.

Regarding the employer, would it be reasonable they can note agreement on travel in the same (one) letter they need to provide regardless? Ie... can they add a line that 'all travel out of the UK has been agreed as part of employment or holiday provided by this firm.''

I dont want to over complicate but if something like the above will address an underlying concern of the number of trips by the reviewer its no issue to have my office include that language.

Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:13 am

xcrogers wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:32 pm
Thank you for the review and note.

I'll likely go for an early January application with super priority to avoid (excessive) delay on reponse and (perhaps) BRP delay so I can continue to travel for work. I had always looked at the end date on my BRP and assumed it that was the date that counted for the 60 months, was glad to learn/be reminded via this forum its the original entry was issued. That brings everything forward by almost a month which will allow me to apply for ILR in advance of my son being born. Why the forum is helpful!

That said...

I'll likely have 35-45 absences over the course of the 5 year period between personal and work travel. Again none would put me anywhere near the 180 day threshold over the counting period(s), just a lot to enter via the (somewhat labourious) web application. So as others have done it would seem a more concise letter/chart noting the required information is just a better way to convey this information. Yes.

Regarding the employer, would it be reasonable they can note agreement on travel in the same (one) letter they need to provide regardless? Ie... can they add a line that 'all travel out of the UK has been agreed as part of employment or holiday provided by this firm. Yes, there is no need for another letter to be raised only to state "they approved all your travels". A line stating this in the employer letter will suffice.

I dont want to over complicate but if something like the above will address an underlying concern of the number of trips by the reviewer its no issue to have my office include that language.

Thank you.

xcrogers

Life in UK test - Address verification?

Post by xcrogers » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:06 pm

Please feel free to direct me to information on the below, I did a quick search but didnt come up with anything. Does the test center verify address or only your name matches the booking?

I've seen in some study material that they verify your address while others just ones name. I used my work address when I set up my account to book a life in the UK test (not my home address) as I am moving and in temporary rental between sale and completion and wanted anything mailed to go to place I would actually get it. We have no bills nor are we updating our licenses until we're in our 'permenant' home (doesnt make sense to do it for 4 weeks and then do it again in 4 weeks). I can produce business cards, paystubs etc etc

Do they care about the physical mailing address? If so I can cancel, update my info to be my 'old' address which matches my license and carry on otherwise I'll assume its a non issue and I'm overthinking.

Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Life in UK test - Address verification?

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:30 am

They only need to verify your identity: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... he-uk-test
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

xcrogers

Post by xcrogers » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:25 pm

Great. Thanks for confirming! Few additional questions/confirmations:

1. I'm compiling my travel history and a fair portion of my travel is not stamped in my passport. Ie... all my work travel back to USA (have global entry, using UK trusted traveler so always e-gates and the like... Also a few random re-entry in the UK stamps either are not in the book for the same reason or simply completely unreadable. I assume this is not an issue but want to confirm if there is anything I should do about this in terms of a note (or whatever...)

2. As I applied out of country and the paper stamp in my passport was valid from 27/01/2017. I entered the the UK on 28/01/2017 (per the stamp on the visa). So the 'first' entry in my list of absenses for ILR application would be a work trip on 13/02/2017. I should make no reference to being outside the country for application or my 'first entry' on 28/01/2017?

3. I've renewed my passport in the years since the visa was issued. I've noted the page number for the stamps when applicable in the excel sheet to help with 'finding' the stamps, should I also clarify 'passport 1 of 2' or something? (not sure if this is overkill or not). I imagine this is pretty self-explanatory and maybe I'm just providing too much/over thinking but wanted to make sure as its an easy thing to address.

Thank you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:18 am

1. No issues
2. No
3. No need

xcrogers

Post by xcrogers » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:07 pm

Thanks for those comments. To confirm, on question two your 'no' means I dont make any reference to the first entry on 28/01/2017.

Looking through my application have the following confirmations:

Entered my Nationality Details, there is a subsequent question that asks if I hold any 'other' nationality. I assume this answer would be 'no' (as I only hold one nationality, that of my birth country) which has already been entered and as such no need to enter again.

Immigration details asks 'Have you lived a country outside the UK including your country of birth?' answer would be yes and then enter only one country, that of my birth country. Only note I would provide is 'country of birth'. I assume no more information/explanation is required ie: family, education, work...

Note, the dates of the question above do not align with the start of my ILR timeline as the year between leaving home country and start of my Tier 2 General Visa my wife held a Tier 2 ICT visa (I was her dependent). Should I make any note of this in the above question or simply answer as the question asks but leave a bit of a 'gap'? If so, what would be the appropraite level of informaiton, ie... held Tier 2 ICT Dependent Visa, and list my BRP number?

Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:39 pm

You are overthinking this. You do not need to explain to UKVI about what they hold on your file. Answer the questions as asked. The gap in the beginning (between visa issue date and first entry) will be counted towards the 180 days limit but you do not need to declare it.

xcrogers

Post by xcrogers » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:44 pm

Thanks for the reply, I'm sure I am overthinking. I'll answer the questions as asked and ignore anything before the issuance of my Tier 2 General visa as its not in the scope of the application.

Thank you.

xcrogers

Post by xcrogers » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:06 pm

Sorry, I re-read your comment and now I'm confused/want to make sure I phrased the question properlly.
Zimba wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:39 pm
You are overthinking this. You do not need to explain to UKVI about what they hold on your file. Answer the questions as asked. The gap in the beginning (between visa issue date and first entry) will be counted towards the 180 days limit but you do not need to declare it.
I have no days between date of entry clearance Jan 27th, 2017 (per paper visa in passport) and day I entered the UK (Jan 28th, 2017) per immigration stamp. No whole days, so nothing here counts towards 180 limit. However, my question was not about this.

My confirmation would be: as the application asks for all countries I've lived (including country of birth) I would put in my home country until March 2016 and then enter the 10 months of living in the UK as a tier 2 ict dependent.

Reason:

I lived in my home country until March 2016 when my wife and I moved to the UK on her Tier 2 ICT visa, I was her dependent. In January of 2017 I applied for and was granted (see above) my own Tier 2 Visa (applied outside of UK).

Also, to confirm application process,
- Dec 31st submit application and pay fee, look to do this 'early' ie around 1:00 am as that is when super priority appointments may be listed, basically keep trying from that day forward to submit/pay till one is found.
- once submitted I will be directed to book appointment per preferred method (priority) to confirm ID/docs that have been uploaded.
- process runs from there, notified if additional infor requried/status/refusal etc

Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:16 pm

NO absence before 28/01/2017 should be declared. It is irrelevant. Yes the process works like that

xcrogers

Sponsor 'License Number not found'

Post by xcrogers » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:29 pm

I had the number from when my original CoS/Visa was processed and went to enter that in. However the form spits back a 'number not found'. I'm reaching out to my HR to confirm the number and/or find out why it would have changed. I know the office is still an approved/listed sponsor from the published gov.uk list (and they're regularly sponsoring workers).

If, for some reason the number has changed should I enter the 'new' number and attach some sort of letter? If so what should the exact content of that letter/note be? If it hasnt, should I just leave blank and continue?

Any assistance/comment would be appreciated.

Thank you

xcrogers

Re: Sponsor 'License Number not found'

Post by xcrogers » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:59 pm

Apologies for not keeping to a single thread so thanks for merging.

One follow up on the Sponsor License not found, it would appear the application is termed as 'complete' without entering anything in the space. Is the sponsor license number a required element? I can I simply leave it blank and just submit a note and the original CoS? As I'm otherwise completely done with the application it would be great if I could submit.

Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:23 pm

Leave it blank.

xcrogers

Post by xcrogers » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:38 pm

Thank you, should I submit the original CoS & cover letter when leaving it blank?