ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 to FLR M

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

musksadi
Newly Registered
India

Tier 4 to FLR M

Post by musksadi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:21 pm

Hello, hope you all doing well.

I have been in a relationship to my partner for over 4 years (living together), we recently got married (July). We are planning to submit an application soon and I would kindly ask for some help going through this.

1) I am on a tier 4 visa, lost my police registration certificate, went to the police station the other day and applied for a replacement, they do not seem to have a recorded of me registering and notifying and changes I regularly notified the station with, and they just started a fresh application for me. The only proof I have is my passport police stamp when notified obtaining a new one about the same time I first registered. I really don’t know if this will affect my application.

2) Items of correspondence, as a new application will I have to satisfy this requirement, I have been getting confusing info from different sources that as a new application I do not have to include such a thing.

I’d really appreciate help with these questions.
Best,
Sadi

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4 to FLR M

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:18 pm

musksadi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:21 pm
Hello, hope you all doing well.

I have been in a relationship to my partner for over 4 years (living together), we recently got married (July). We are planning to submit an application soon and I would kindly ask for some help going through this.

1) I am on a tier 4 visa, lost my police registration certificate, went to the police station the other day and applied for a replacement, they do not seem to have a recorded of me registering and notifying and changes I regularly notified the station with, and they just started a fresh application for me. The only proof I have is my passport police stamp when notified obtaining a new one about the same time I first registered. I really don’t know if this will affect my application. Provide the records or documents you have and explain the remaining

2) Items of correspondence, as a new application will I have to satisfy this requirement, I have been getting confusing info from different sources that as a new application I do not have to include such a thing. No you do not if it is spouse route you are moving to and its your first.

I’d really appreciate help with these questions.
Best,
Sadi

musksadi
Newly Registered
India

Post by musksadi » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:04 pm

Thank you so much dear Amazonianx.

This is my timeline, I couldn’t believe finding an appointment on the 29th and went for it, collected and uploaded documents few hours before my biometrics, I was so worried (at 9 am; because we had to travel to another city), however it turned out that one can still have until 10 pm same day to get your documents together after enrolling biometrics, however I submitted. So I used only the police report receipt (haven’t received the certificate yet) and the stamp on my passport, I think one might get away with late report of change of address (in my case, I actually forgot to report my marriage till time of reporting missing) or other things but not first registration (if one has not changed city since). Also to mention that I have been in the uk for about 8 years, on different tier 4 visa and history of traveling, might influenced the turn around time, I don’t know.
Did not add anything else like pictures, chat logs, and letters.

Papers order went as follows:
- 6 months bank statement (just the pages where there was a payment made by the employer) and payslips + employer letter.
- Current BRP.
- My degree in the UK.
- Passport, providing all visa in it.
- (in my case) included old passport too.
- The marriage certificate.
- Tenancy agreement
- My partner’s ID.
- The police receipt (lost doc) and passport stamp.
- All the declarations forms from the application form.

Application Type : FLR(M) New, standard service
Date application submitted: 17.12.2021
Documents uploaded & submitted via UKVCAS: 29.12.2021
Biometrics on: 29.12.2021
Decision of Application: 30.12.2021 * Granted
BRP Card Received : Pending

Is there anything you can advice for the extension that I can start practicing from now please let me know, like should I start to get all bills to be in joint name, joint back account, and so on, please let me know.

Best,,,
Sadi

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:33 pm

musksadi wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:04 pm
Thank you so much dear Amazonianx.

This is my timeline, I couldn’t believe finding an appointment on the 29th and went for it, collected and uploaded documents few hours before my biometrics, I was so worried (at 9 am; because we had to travel to another city), however it turned out that one can still have until 10 pm same day to get your documents together after enrolling biometrics, however I submitted. So I used only the police report receipt (haven’t received the certificate yet) and the stamp on my passport, I think one might get away with late report of change of address (in my case, I actually forgot to report my marriage till time of reporting missing) or other things but not first registration (if one has not changed city since). Also to mention that I have been in the uk for about 8 years, on different tier 4 visa and history of traveling, might influenced the turn around time, I don’t know.
Did not add anything else like pictures, chat logs, and letters.

Papers order went as follows:
- 6 months bank statement (just the pages where there was a payment made by the employer) and payslips + employer letter.
- Current BRP.
- My degree in the UK.
- Passport, providing all visa in it.
- (in my case) included old passport too.
- The marriage certificate.
- Tenancy agreement
- My partner’s ID.
- The police receipt (lost doc) and passport stamp.
- All the declarations forms from the application form.

Application Type : FLR(M) New, standard service
Date application submitted: 17.12.2021
Documents uploaded & submitted via UKVCAS: 29.12.2021
Biometrics on: 29.12.2021
Decision of Application: 30.12.2021 * Granted
BRP Card Received : Pending

Is there anything you can advice for the extension that I can start practicing from now please let me know, like should I start to get all bills to be in joint name, joint back account, and so on, please let me know.

Best,,,
Sadi
Congratulations.
The important requirements that are time based includes
Financial - having a job with annual income of £18,600 (this could have changed by the time you are ready for extension) evidence by the preceeding 6months to the application
Cohabitation - the bills/correspondences you mentioned above. 6 if in both your names and 12 if individually addressed spaced 3-4months apart and covering the last 2years preceeding the extension application (this could have changed by the time you are ready for extension)
Keep abreast with rules as the time approaches.

omarmansour
Canada

Post by omarmansour » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:01 pm

Sorry quick question- so you didn't submit the whole list of documents required by the checklist? cohabitation 2 years, etc?

musksadi
Newly Registered
India

Post by musksadi » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:19 pm

Thank you so much dear Amazonianx, really thank you.

Dear omarmansour, the papers I outlined are just want I added, no copule’s photos no letters no cover letter, just scanned documents and add them. I have no idea what you circumstances are, wether or not you have to explain something in letter to the HO, in the matter of cohabitation, if you not married you must include them, “in my case” I did not have to add them as Amazonianx kindly advised in my case. And I think if you have extra documents and proofs you can add them it will never harm it, might actually save you time if the HO wants to look into your relationship, I mean for example if your marriage has been new for few days or months, you might raise suspicion.

Please consider your circumstances, and start a new topic for you, there are great people offering help.

Best,,,
Sadi