ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitors Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chisomekwu
Mood:
United Kingdom

Visitors Visa

Post by Chisomekwu » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:47 pm

Hi ,

Compliments of the season. Can someone help me with the query

I am looking to apply for a visitors visa for my Girlfriend who is currently studying in Hungary. She currently holds a Nigeria passport and I am a British Citizen. I have gone on the website gov.uk to make the application but got confused with the following sections :shock:

1. As I am applying from the UK, she will be doing the biometric in Budapest Hungary, I am confused on the address to use. Will this be my personal UK address or her Hungary address?

2. Will the phone numbers be mine or hers? Since I am making this application as her sponsor, will this not be my number? :|

3. In the personal details section, I included her personal details, but then, how will these guys aT the embassy know this application is for her not me? I am a bot confused. :|

Regards

CP

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visitors Visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:59 pm

1. She must apply in Hungary. You cannot apply for her within the UK. The details in the form are hers in Hungary, except for address and name of person she will be staying at while visiting the UK.

2. Her number, as it is her application.

3. A letter??

She still needs to prove her ties to her country of residence and that she will leave the UK. She also has to show some funds to cover her duration of visit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chisomekwu
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chisomekwu » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:59 pm
1. She must apply in Hungary. You cannot apply for her within the UK. The details in the form are hers in Hungary, except for address and name of person she will be staying at while visiting the UK.

3. A letter??

She still needs to prove her ties to her country of residence and that she will leave the UK. She also has to show some funds to cover her duration of visit.
Thanks for the reply. Since i am the one sponsoring her, do I need to send her any document she needs for this application? Do i need to send like letter of invitation? Work status and other document to help her with this application?

Yes she has ties with Hungary and has student resident visa for her studies meaning she will defo return after her visit.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:57 pm

Chisomekwu wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:06 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:59 pm

3. A letter??

Thanks for the reply. Since i am the one sponsoring her, do I need to send her any document she needs for this application? Do i need to send like letter of invitation? Work status and other document to help her with this application?

Yes she has ties with Hungary and has student resident visa for her studies meaning she will defo return after her visit.
As sponsor to ensure a successful application you will need to provide documentary evidence to support the application and show that you are able to sponsor the applicant.
Such documents can include but not limited to employment letter, pay slips and bank account statements, evidence of your status of being in UK, property or rental/tenancy document etc.
How long is left on the student visa she has for Hungary?

movingf
Newly Registered

Post by movingf » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:12 am

Hi,
Just to clarify one of the earlier answers, you can do all the work regarding the application but when you are filling in the forms / uploading documents you need to do it from her perspective.
T