ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adequate maintenance Calculation help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: This case is slightly different.

Post by TODMATT » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:12 pm

GMO wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:07 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:31 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:17 am
Not under adequate maintenance as you can only use your current income towards adequate maintenance but you can do that under employment route using Category B.
GMO wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:23 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:18 pm
They should submit payslips for how long they have been employed upto 6 months even if they have been employed for a month, that should also suffice.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... dation.pdf
Ok great. That’s perfectly ok. I wanna know please if I join with new employer and apply after 3/4 months then have to show previous payslip + new payslip under adequate maintenance or just last 3 month payslips from the current employer + pip letter + 3 month bank statements.
Thanks a lot for your reply and help with the details.

I am bit confused about one thing from my side; that is if I apply under adequate maintenance then total how many months of previous net income history I have to show 3/6/12 or only 3 months ?

As I am aware that if apply under CAT B with different employer then total last 12 months of income history have to present. My question is for adequate maintenance how many previous months of net income I have to show please.
I have already address this question above that you will provide payslips from current employer even if you have been employed for 1 month.

See Appendix FM-SE

12A. Where the financial requirement the applicant must meet under Appendix FM relates to adequate maintenance, paragraphs 2 to 12 apply only to the extent and in the manner specified by this paragraph. Where such a financial requirement applies, the applicant must provide the following evidence:

(a) Where the current salaried employment in the UK of the applicant or their partner, parent, parent’s partner or sponsor is relied upon:

(i) A letter from the employer confirming the employment, the gross annual salary and the annual salary after income tax and National Insurance contributions have been paid, how long the employment has been held, and the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

(ii) Payslips covering the period of 6 months prior to the date of application or such shorter period as the current employment has been held.

(iii) personal bank statement covering the same period as the payslips, showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:39 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:12 pm
GMO wrote:
TODMATT wrote:
TODMATT wrote:
Not under adequate maintenance as you can only use your current income towards adequate maintenance but you can do that under employment route using Category B.
GMO wrote:
TODMATT wrote:
They should submit payslips for how long they have been employed upto 6 months even if they have been employed for a month, that should also suffice.

Ok great. That’s perfectly ok. I wanna know please if I join with new employer and apply after 3/4 months then have to show previous payslip + new payslip under adequate maintenance or just last 3 month payslips from the current employer + pip letter + 3 month bank statements.

I am bit confused about one thing from my side; that is if I apply under adequate maintenance then total how many months of previous net income history I have to show 3/6/12 or only 3 months ?

As I am aware that if apply under CAT B with different employer then total last 12 months of income history have to present. My question is for adequate maintenance how many previous months of net income I have to show please.
I have already address this question above that you will provide payslips from current employer even if you have been employed for 1 month.

See Appendix FM-SE

12A. Where the financial requirement the applicant must meet under Appendix FM relates to adequate maintenance, paragraphs 2 to 12 apply only to the extent and in the manner specified by this paragraph. Where such a financial requirement applies, the applicant must provide the following evidence:

(a) Where the current salaried employment in the UK of the applicant or their partner, parent, parent’s partner or sponsor is relied upon:

(i) A letter from the employer confirming the employment, the gross annual salary and the annual salary after income tax and National Insurance contributions have been paid, how long the employment has been held, and the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

(ii) Payslips covering the period of 6 months prior to the date of application or such shorter period as the current employment has been held.

(iii) personal bank statement covering the same period as the payslips, showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.
Can’t thank you enough. Appreciate:)
If I am not wrong then the above statements for adequate maintenance… right ?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:19 pm

GMO wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:39 pm
TODMATT wrote:
GMO wrote:
TODMATT wrote:
TODMATT wrote:
GMO wrote:
TODMATT wrote:

See Appendix FM-SE

Can’t thank you enough. Appreciate:)
If I am not wrong then the above statements for adequate maintenance… right ?

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:24 pm

TODMATT wrote:
GMO wrote:
TODMATT wrote:
TODMATT wrote:
GMO wrote:
TODMATT wrote:

See Appendix FM-SE

Thanks again.
My last question is; to apply under adequate maintenance if I show last 3 months finical statements and /or net income then it would be sufficient? Or there are any minimum requirements in that case .

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:00 pm

Please everything discussed above. I am having to repeat the same thing again.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:11 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:00 pm
Thanks for your reply and sorry about that. I am actually wanna know if there any minimum months of requirement ( ex: 3 or 6 months) for showing the net income under adequate maintenance or there are no minimum requirements!

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:38 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:00 pm
Hi, 3 months financial history/ net income would be fine ? Any minimum requirements like 3/6/12 months for adequate maintenance please

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:29 pm

Hi, happy new year.
Any expert can give me the information like previous 3 months financial history would be enough for adequate maintenance application for spouse visa or is there any minimum requirements.

Thanks in advance.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:26 pm

"(ii) Payslips covering the period of 6 months prior to the date of application or such shorter period as the current employment has been held."

You continue to ask the same questions repeatedly especially since the answers has already been address based on the guidance above. Short period to which the employment has been held even if it 1 month or 2 month, that will suffice.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:37 pm

Thanks. I was confused about is there are any minimum requirements. Now it is clear. Appreciated.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:44 am

TODMATT wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:29 pm
Have you received the same amount or it varies in the last 3 months? Yes the UC does count.
Dear Sirs,

The last few months payslip have different amount and PIP rates will change from this month as well! How can I calculate the average for adequate maintenance as it’s not same in recent months. Any formula ? Kindly let me know.

Thanks 😊

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:38 pm

Any expert can reply to the above query please.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:16 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:26 pm
"(ii) Payslips covering the period of 6 months prior to the date of application or such shorter period as the current employment has been held."

You continue to ask the same questions repeatedly especially since the answers has already been address based on the guidance above. Short period to which the employment has been held even if it 1 month or 2 month, that will suffice.
Dear Sirs,

The last few months payslip have different amount and PIP rates will change from this month as well! How can I calculate the average for adequate maintenance as it’s not same in recent months. Any formula ? Kindly let me know.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:00 pm

Anyone can help on the above Adequate maintenance query please.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Adequate maintenance Calculation help

Post by GMO » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:59 am

Dear Sirs,

Like if 2 months have 2 different amount than how to calculate it for Adequate maintenance please.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:03 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:29 pm
Have you received the same amount or it varies in the last 3 months? Yes the UC does count.

Like if 2 months have 2 different amount than how to calculate it for Adequate maintenance please.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Adequate maintenance Calculation help

Post by TODMATT » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:41 pm

This is the first time I am logging back in a while. Have you resolved this?