ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

12 months continuous residency requirements for minors

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

satgl
Newly Registered
India

12 months continuous residency requirements for minors

Post by satgl » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:05 am

Hello Everyone, wishing you all a very happy new year.

Could any one please clarify whether application for naturalisation of minors (by one of the naturalised parent) requires 12 months continuous residency prior to naturalisation application for minor?

In the spreadsheet containing points for various types of identity and residency requirements, its mentioned as ...."Proofs must be provided that provides evidential support that the applicant has achieved the final year continuous requirement."

Does this apply to minor applications? If yes, please clarify what proof if submitted meets this requirement.

Further the link in the irishimmigration.ie website directs to Form 9 and in that form, under residency requirements, we need to provide the date of the child arrived in the State, their passport number and the number of years the child has resided in the State.

Thank you.

meself2
Ireland

Re: 12 months continuous residency requirements for minors

Post by meself2 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:33 pm

hey!
not a lawyer, but I would assume everyone has to adhere to this requirement
to prove that - same thing as per other years I reckon, school letters (which probably should specify how good child's attendance was, eg on my letter it says "attendance was excellent", but not sure)

satgl
Newly Registered
India

Post by satgl » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:52 am

Thank you meself2,

Regarding school letters, requirement is clear and carries only 100 points. In order to get 150 points, my main query was on the 1st set of residency proof on the spreadsheet (min 1 out of the 3 mentioned, P60, bank statements and social welfare d3epartment annual statement).

Children on their own name generally won't have any of these residency requirements. These carry 70 points for P60, 50 points for social welfare department letter and 50 points for bank statements.

Best regards,

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:44 pm

satgl wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:52 am
Thank you meself2,

Regarding school letters, requirement is clear and carries only 100 points. In order to get 150 points, my main query was on the 1st set of residency proof on the spreadsheet (min 1 out of the 3 mentioned, P60, bank statements and social welfare d3epartment annual statement).

Children on their own name generally won't have any of these residency requirements. These carry 70 points for P60, 50 points for social welfare department letter and 50 points for bank statements.

Best regards,
I, honestly, have no idea how this should be tackled in regards to minors and I think that is just the issue with this new Scorecard thing. I'd suggest emailing Department of Justice and asking, how you should proceed, as I don't think minors can get anything else in their name. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

idonteatanimals
India

Post by idonteatanimals » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:44 pm

Children application on behalf of naturalised parent doesn't not adhere to the new scorecard approach. But they can still submit photo copies for their passports