ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(LR) super priority

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

clicosean
Newly Registered
Vietnam

SET(LR) application documentations

Post by clicosean » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:21 pm

Hi everyone, I'm planning to submit my SET (LR) application on 6/1/2022 and ask you what documents and challenges I might face for my application. I tried to read through the forum, but it doesn't seem like anyone is similar.

So my background is:
- Arrive in this country 10/10/2010 (11 years and 2 months)
- Days away from the UK 665 days in total, but 522 if counted from the day of application. None over 180 days per absence.
- All Tier 4 (Student) visa, 4 visas in total. The time of expiry and started date of these visas overlapped on each other beside the last one which is 59 days because I was applying for my PhD from my country.
- 1 fare evasion in court on July 2019, I have declared in the application form and a clear DBS check.
- I have never overstayed.

Documents I'm planning to submit:
- My old and new passports which have all my visas
- My current BRP and another old one
- My wallet was stolen in 2017 and so was my old BRP, how can I explain this? I have a victim card, should I put it in my documents as well?
- Bank statement the last 12 months
- Tenancy contract (However, I was staying in a boarding school during my first 3 years, I have letter from them confirming I studied there with my results, will this be sufficient?)
- All my BSc, MSc and confirmation of my PhD status
- Life in the UK test results

My questions are:
- Should I include some of the old bank statements with my old addresses? This might be not consistent?
- Will fare evasion charge be a big thing affecting my application?
- Would it be advisable to apply for superiority service giving my application or standard one?
- I have yet to finish my PhD, will it still be ok to submit this application for a new status?
There's this question in the form: When was your first day in the UK, should I respond as the day I first came here or 10 years back from the date of application?
- Should I declare ALL the dates I was away in 11 years 2 months or just within the 10 year time frame?

-------------

I think that's all I have right now, please let me know if there's anything else that I should include in my application as well and thank you for your time reading this!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET(LR) application documentations

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:55 pm

clicosean wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:21 pm
My questions are:
- Should I include some of the old bank statements with my old addresses? This might be not consistent? No need
- Will fare evasion charge be a big thing affecting my application? No
- Would it be advisable to apply for superiority service giving my application or standard one?
- I have yet to finish my PhD, will it still be ok to submit this application for a new status? Up to you
There's this question in the form: When was your first day in the UK, should I respond as the day I first came here or 10 years back from the date of application? The first day you arrived in the UK
- Should I declare ALL the dates I was away in 11 years 2 months or just within the 10 year time frame? Only the last 10 years

-------------

I think that's all I have right now, please let me know if there's anything else that I should include in my application as well and thank you for your time reading this!
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:11 pm

clicosean wrote:

- My current BRP and another old one only current BRP is needed. You should have returned old BRP when you received the new one
- My wallet was stolen in 2017 and so was my old BRP, how can I explain this? I have a victim card, should I put it in my documents as well? No need
- Bank statement the last 12 months This is not required
- Tenancy contract (However, I was staying in a boarding school during my first 3 years, I have letter from them confirming I studied there with my results, will this be sufficient?)No need
- All my BSc, MSc and confirmation of my PhD status No need, unless the checklist asked you to do so
Only submit documents required by the checklist!
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

clicosean
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by clicosean » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:21 pm

ywlgy wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:11 pm
clicosean wrote:

- My current BRP and another old one only current BRP is needed. You should have returned old BRP when you received the new one
- My wallet was stolen in 2017 and so was my old BRP, how can I explain this? I have a victim card, should I put it in my documents as well? No need
- Tenancy contract (However, I was staying in a boarding school during my first 3 years, I have letter from them confirming I studied there with my results, will this be sufficient?)No need
- All my BSc, MSc and confirmation of my PhD status No need, unless the checklist asked you to do so
Thank you so much for this but what confuses me is this one:

Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK

Besides my current and previous passports, BRP and Life in the UK results, I'm not too sure what else should be considered.

clicosean
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by clicosean » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:22 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:55 pm
clicosean wrote:
My questions are:
- Should I include some of the old bank statements with my old addresses? This might be not consistent? No need
- Will fare evasion charge be a big thing affecting my application? No
- I have yet to finish my PhD, will it still be ok to submit this application for a new status? Up to you
There's this question in the form: When was your first day in the UK, should I respond as the day I first came here or 10 years back from the date of application? The first day you arrived in the UK
- Should I declare ALL the dates I was away in 11 years 2 months or just within the 10 year time frame? Only the last 10 years

-------------

Thank you @Zimba ! This is very helpful

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:00 pm

clicosean wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:21 pm
ywlgy wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:11 pm
clicosean wrote:

Thank you so much for this but what confuses me is this one:

Documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK

Besides my current and previous passports, BRP and Life in the UK results, I'm not too sure what else should be considered.
Even though its listed, you don't need to provide this. Applies to applicants with other reasons that will provide such.

clicosean
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by clicosean » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:15 pm

Thank you all for your help.
There's another question to ask, I've read Continuation of lawful leave during
absences from the UK:
The continuous period is maintained if the applicant either:
• leaves the UK with valid leave, applies for entry clearance before their leave
expires, is granted and re-enters the UK using that entry clearance
• applies for new entry clearance within 14 days of their leave expiry date, one of
the circumstances below applies, their application is granted and they re-enter
the UK using that entry clearance
The circumstances are that:
• there was a good reason beyond the control of the applicant or their
representative why the application could not be made in time
• the application was made following the refusal of an in-time application and
within 14 days of:
o the refusal of the previous in-time application
o the expiry of any leave extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971
(please note that 3C leave lapses when an applicant leaves the UK)
o the expiry of the time-limit for making an in-time application for administrative
application for administrative review or appeal (where applicable)
o any administrative review or appeal being concluded, withdrawn, abandoned
or lapsing 
So I left the UK on 19/01/2018 (also my previous visa expiry date) and re entering on 20/3/2018 with my new visa starting from 8/3/2018. Would this mean my continuation of lawful leave has been broken? If it is, is there any way we can explain this? This time period was for me to apply for my PhD program and wait for applying for my visa.

clicosean
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by clicosean » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:31 pm

And this as well

If an applicant’s leave expires whilst they are outside the UK and they apply for new
entry clearance more than 14 days after their previous leave expires, for any reason,
the continuous period is broken and leave is not aggregated. The continuous period
would also be broken where the gap is within 14 days, but you do not consider the
reasons provided to be sufficiently compelling.

Does this mean that my clock has been restarted and I can't apply for ILR now?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:06 am

You read the wrong guidance. This does not apply to LR. This is for LR.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:25 am

clicosean wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:31 pm
And this as well

If an applicant’s leave expires whilst they are outside the UK and they apply for new
entry clearance more than 14 days after their previous leave expires, for any reason,
the continuous period is broken and leave is not aggregated. The continuous period
would also be broken where the gap is within 14 days, but you do not consider the
reasons provided to be sufficiently compelling.

Does this mean that my clock has been restarted and I can't apply for ILR now?
No. Under long residence rules, you can leave with a valid leave and return within 6 months and your continuous residence will be intact. As pointed out to you, the guide you looked at does NOT apply to the long residence route :!: :!:

Long residence guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

clicosean
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by clicosean » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:35 pm

Thank you everyone for your help! This has been so amazing with your guidance!

clicosean
Newly Registered
Vietnam

ILR SET(LR) super priority

Post by clicosean » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:53 am

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone managed to book super priority service for set lr? i’ve been keeping my eyes on the website but seems hopeless at the moment and I don’t want to wait for too long as well.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR SET(LR) super priority

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:46 pm

clicosean wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:53 am
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone managed to book super priority service for set lr? i’ve been keeping my eyes on the website but seems hopeless at the moment and I don’t want to wait for too long as well.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/online-appli ... l#p2027486

clicosean
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by clicosean » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:08 pm

Does anyone experience this? I tried to upload my documents but there's nothing on the compulsory category, should I contact UKVCAS to reconfirm or upload normally? Also, where should I upload the scan of my old passport?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:38 pm

This does seem strange. But the category does not matter and you can choose the most relevant one. The caseworker can see all submitted documents.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:44 am

All documents uploaded will be seen by the caseworker.

clicosean
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by clicosean » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:43 pm

Thank you Zimba, if so which category would I be uploading my previous passport? Can I just post pages with the stamps only or all pages needed to be uploaded?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:52 pm

As I said categories do not matter. Upload pages with stamps

clicosean
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by clicosean » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:04 pm

Got my ILR Approved! Thank you so much for your help!

Ahmd10
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ahmd10 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:59 pm

Congratulations.
How did you manage to get super priority?
I'm submitting application soon but can't find any.
Thank you