ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa - Timeline Queries etc

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AnnThrope
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Fiance Visa - Timeline Queries etc

Post by AnnThrope » Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:10 pm

Hi, I'm Ian (new poster here so I apologise if I'm asking anything stupid or obvious.)
I'm engaged to Ana who lives in Brazil - we've been together online since 2014 and she's visited me here in the UK a couple of times. We're hoping to get her here to the UK on a Fiance Visa later this year (2022). But we have some issues working out the best timeline for it all and was hoping someone might give some advice.

The wedding's booked for here in the UK on 5th Sept 2022 (although date could be changed for smallish admin fee).

Ana took and passed the IELTS A1 English Language test back in March 2020 before Covid hit in Brazil - so that expires 2 years later (doesn't it?) - 2 years will be 6th March 2022.

But, for other reasons, it would be tricky for Ana to leave Brazil before May at the earliest.

So I'm thinking it would be best for Ana to take the English test again - or even to take the A2 test which I believe would mean she wouldn't have to take it again after the first 2 and a half years (3 years counting the 6 month fiance period) of her being here. Is this correct?

My main worry here is if we apply for the visa Feb 2022 at latest (which we'll need to do if Ana doesn't take another English test to be before the 6th March expiry date) - if the visa's granted quickly then Ana might have to travel here before May.

My main question is - we saw (when doing a practice 'dummy' run through of the visa application form) that it says once the visa is granted Ana would have just 30 days to arrive in the UK before her visa expired. Is this still the case? Because, in a Whatsapp group Ana belongs to, she was told that due to the pandemic this 30 days has been extended to 3 months. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can give us any help here. :)

Ian & Ana

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Re: Fiance Visa - Timeline Queries etc

Post by walker » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:55 pm

I understand that the 30 days had been extended to 3 months - not sure if this has reverted back to 30 days as yet.

English test - considering the information you have provided, it may be easier for your fiance to pass the Engilish test again. In terms of your query relating to A2 test:
Where an applicant for further leave to remain as a partner or parent evidenced that they
met the A1 English language requirement for leave to enter or remain by taking an approved
test at level A2 or above, they will not be required to take a further English language test before
applying for further leave to remain, provided the test they took was accepted as part of their
previous partner or parent application and there are no concerns about how the test result was
obtained. This position reflects the current approach as set out in paragraphs 32B, 32C and
32D of Appendix FM-SE to the Immigration Rules.

See: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... intent.pdf

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:00 pm

A fiance visa is issued for 6 months. The visa holder can enter the UK at any time within the 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AnnThrope
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnnThrope » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:24 pm

Thanks, walker and CR001, for your replies.

But I must admit that I'm confused.

To quote from the application form (from a screenshot I took when we were doing a 'practice run' through of it to see what we'd be asked) =
From the page 'Your Planned Travel information' and the section 'Date you plan to arrive in the UK' - there's a link 'Why is this information important?'
If you click on that link it says "If your application is successful, you will be granted a visa to enter the UK. The visa will only be valid for entry to the UK for 30 days. If your visa expires before you travel to the UK, you will have to apply for a replacement visa."

The screenshot was taken in Nov 2020.

So I'm confused....
Can anyone elaborate further?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:27 pm

That extract applies to a 2.5 year spouse visa and not a fiance visa. It's the same form for a fiance and a spouse visa so the questions is not specific to your fiance visa application.

A fiance visa is issued for 6 months.

Presumably you have selected single as relationship status and not unmarried partner?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AnnThrope
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnnThrope » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:48 pm

Oh Ok, good.
So Ana won't have any time limit by which she has to arrive in the UK, once the visa's issued? (Other than obviously within the 6 months :) )

Yes, i think we'd decided 'single' was the best option to go for (when there wasn't an option of fiance). That's correct then?

AnnThrope
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnnThrope » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:59 pm

Thanks very much for your help .... but I don't suppose I could ask something else?...

Another query regarding the application form.
What does it mean when it asks for 'Sponsor's monthly living costs'?

All my monthly costs? i.e. absolutely everything including Rent and bills?
Or everything except rent and bills?

I'm confused as to how to go about that one.

I mean they'll already have 6 (is it 6 I'm supposed to provide?) of my bank statements won't they so why do they need to ask the question anyway? They'll be able to see my monthly living costs.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:18 pm

The bank statements are to prove your salary income and that is what UKVI looks for on the statements.

You simply need to complete the questions in the form as asked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AnnThrope
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnnThrope » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:32 pm

OK, well thanks very much for your help with these questions, CR001 :)

I may be back with more...
:roll:
:lol:

AnnThrope
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnnThrope » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:21 pm

Hi all,
Further query regarding Fiancee Visa which we're hoping to apply for soon.
I asked my landlord (i'm a private renter) for a No Objection letter - he finally responded with an email the main content of which is :

"I write to confirm that we have no objection to Ana **** ***** ******* living with you as your partner at S****** street.
If you want her to remain permanently with you at the address we will need to issue a new contract for both parties to live at the property."

Is this OK to serve as a No Objection letter?
He hasn't written the full address or confirmed it's a One Bed flat, as I'd asked him to do.

Also - for a fiancee visa is it necessary to include a copy of the Tenancy Agreement in the supporting evidence?
Problem is there's a paragraph in the one I have which says
"To use the premises only as a single private residential dwelling but so that not more than one person (including children) shall be living on the premises at any one time."

From my landlord's email he seems to be suggesting that he'll draw up a new contract "for both parties" once Ana's here living with me. (I had asked him if we could update the Tenancy Agreement now).
Presumably the Tenancy Agreement i've got cant be submitted as supporting evidence with that paragraph in it about "not more than one person", can it?
So can i just submit the No Objection letter on it's own and forget about the Tenancy Agreement?

Any help on this matter will be much appreciated.

AnnThrope
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnnThrope » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:27 pm

Sorry to bump, but can someone please help re. this latest question about the Tenancy Agreement etc?

Is a Tenancy Agreement an essential part of the supporting evidence for a Fiancee Visa or can we make do with No Objection letter, letter from landlord when he last increased the rent, and bank statements showing the Rent going out of my account?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:03 am

AnnThrope wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:27 pm
Sorry to bump, but can someone please help re. this latest question about the Tenancy Agreement etc?

Is a Tenancy Agreement an essential part of the supporting evidence for a Fiancee Visa or can we make do with No Objection letter, letter from landlord when he last increased the rent, and bank statements showing the Rent going out of my account?
If you can get the other letters from landlord the request a tenancy agreement along or bring out your initial TA.