ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When can my parents re-apply for Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ksadoc
- thin ice -

When can my parents re-apply for Visitor Visa

Post by ksadoc » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:01 pm

Hi All,

Indian parents just visited us (UK Citizens) for 2 months, now returned back to Middle East.. Now there 5 yr visa expires 10th Feb 2022. When can they re-apply for fresh visitor visa for 5 or 10 yrs again.

Thanks

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: When can my parents re-apply for Visitor Visa

Post by ywlgy » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:47 pm

They can do it now. The new visa will replace the old one.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

ksadoc
- thin ice -

Post by ksadoc » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:59 pm

Thanks. Since there Passport Expires in 2025 and if they apply for 10yrs standard UK visa, what happens when they get a new passport? Can the UK visa be re-endorsed to the new Passport?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:39 pm

ksadoc wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:59 pm
if they apply for 10yrs standard UK visa, what happens when they get a new passport?
They'd just have to carry both their old passport (with the visa) and the new passport (for the travel endorsements) when traveling.
Gov.UK - Transfer your visa from your passport wrote:Your passport has expired

What you need to do depends on if you use your visa to:
  • travel to and from the UK
  • prove your right to work in the UK
Travel to and from the UK

You can use the valid visa in your expired passport when you’re travelling to and from the UK. You’ll need to travel with your expired and your new passport.

You can also choose to either:
  • replace your visa with a biometric residence permit if you’re in the UK (the cost depends on your visa status)
  • transfer your visa to a new passport online if you’re outside the UK (it costs £154)
As visitors do not get a Biometric Residence Permit (they are not resident in the UK), the only option applicable to your parents would be the second one.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ksadoc
- thin ice -

Post by ksadoc » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:35 pm

Thank you very much.

ksadoc
- thin ice -

Post by ksadoc » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:13 am

Dear All,

One more question while i was filling my moms, 10yr standard visa. Since she is a home maker, do i select Sponsor as my father etc as they will be traveling together. They have joint account etc.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:43 pm

ksadoc wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:13 am
Dear All,

One more question while i was filling my moms, 10yr standard visa. Since she is a home maker, do i select Sponsor as my father etc as they will be traveling together. They have joint account etc.

Thanks
The sponsor is the one who bears the financial implications for the application and or visit.

ksadoc
- thin ice -

Post by ksadoc » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:30 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:43 pm
ksadoc wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:13 am
Dear All,

Thanks
The sponsor is the one who bears the financial implications for the application and or visit.
Thanks