ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal for Visa Refusal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abolimalwadkar
Newly Registered
Ireland

Error on the Letter of Refusal

Post by abolimalwadkar » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:19 pm

Hello All,
One of my friend is apply for a Visit Visa for Ireland. The application was refused. This person has not travelled anywhere as of now which should be clear from the passport however the letter of refusal states this person has travelled outside of India and has failed to provide information

The wordings on the letter of refusal are as follows:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I regret to to inform you that your application for an Irish Visa has been refused by Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Services for following reasons

ID: Insufficient documentation submitted in support of the application:- Please see link to "Documents Required" as displayed on our website - www.inis.gov.ie
INCO: Inconsistencies e.g contradiction in information supplied
OB: Obligation to return home country not shown- e.g. Insufficient social, economic or professional ties in home country shown
OC: Observe the conditions of Visa - the Visa sought is for specific purpose and duration - the applicant has not satisfied the visa officer such conditions would be observed
R: No clear link to reference has been shown

Applicant has not submitted evidence she travelled outside of India prior to proposed trip in Ireland.
Applicant did not submit sufficient evidence of family in India. There is a high risk of applicant remaining in Ireland

I believe the red highlighted statement is wrong and it should not be there. I completely understand the other requirements

Thanks
Aboli

avta
Ireland

Re: Error on the Letter of Refusal

Post by avta » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:25 pm

Hey,
I had a very similar refusal letter for the invited person who didn't travels for the last 8 years and first time request the Ireland visit/tourist visa to the new empty passport. This can be read bit differently.
It maybe sounded like the traveler profile is not looking like the frequent traveler / tourist, they are not happy to give the first visa for the person without adequate travel history in the last X years, especially when this is not in the top of refusal reasons.

abolimalwadkar
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by abolimalwadkar » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:33 pm

Hi
So this person is aged 55 years and never ever travelled in their life outside India not in their lifetime

The passport is their first passport and no other passport is issued for the person

abolimalwadkar
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by abolimalwadkar » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:34 pm

My apologies i also would like to thank you for replying

And another question how do i prove they haven't travelled anywhere outside India in their lifetime

avta
Ireland

Post by avta » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:06 pm

abolimalwadkar wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:34 pm
My apologies i also would like to thank you for replying

And another question how do i prove they haven't travelled anywhere outside India in their lifetime
My understanding, they are not request this, it looks like opposite requirements of some existing travel history that She didn't much.
You can't meet this requirements, but can try to resolve the others.

abolimalwadkar
Newly Registered
Ireland

Appeal for Visa Refusal

Post by abolimalwadkar » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:24 pm

Hi
I work in Ireland on a Stamp1G Visa. I am trying to appeal to a refusal received by my friend in India. I am attaching a screenshot of letter of refusal to this query

We consulted a travel agent and he mentioned it is never recommended to appeal on a negative decision. A new application is the best choice - How true is this?

The documents we submitted initially were

1) Application Summary - (This was not signed as the VFS officer said it is not necessary)
2) Application letter - this said that the person wants to visit for 69 days or within the time granted
3) Invitation letter - this had invitation for 65 days
4) Finance letter - expenses of approximately 1200 Euros
5) My Stamp1G visa was expired on 30th September 2021. My company has already raised a Visa on 21st September 2021 however the immigration office is taking some time to process and they granted me extension upto 15 th January 2022 and now it is extended upto 31 st May 2022. I gave all nessary emails, Govt extension details
6) I was the sponsor for my friend although she can sponsor herself. My account had approximately 3000 Euros at that time ( perhaps this seemed less )
7) Travel Insurance was submitted
8.) My friend submitted a rent agreement which was fairly new ( Nov 2021). She did carry her property documents along with her but the VFS officer refused to accept the property document and said the rent agreement is enough

Could someone have a look at the refusal letter and let me know what is the best thing to do Appeal or New application? As an appeal I am going to submit following documents

1) Signed Application Summary
2) Revised Invitation letter with duration of only 3 weeks
3) My friend owns 6 Shops and 3 Flats of her own. She will submit all rental agreements for the flat and shops.
4) She has a Withdrawal cash in all her bank accounts amounting to approximately 20 lacs Rs
5) She files Income tax returns so she will provide 3 year Income tax returns
6) She owns a Cosmetic Shop and has Shop Act License with a current account which has 30000 Rs in it
7 ) She also has electricity bills for all the Shops and Flats
8.) for family status she is able to show her joint bank account with her mother and pension document with her brother
9) For my finances as a sponsor I am submitting my Ireland bank statement which currently has approximately 5-7K Euros. I also have some savings in India which amount to 5-6K Euros
10) we are also submitting Emails, Chats, Photos to as a proof of friendship

Please advise me if this is enough based on the refusal reasons

abolimalwadkar
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Appeal for Visa Refusal

Post by abolimalwadkar » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:46 pm

I was unable to attach the screenshot but please see below the refusal letter in writing

ID:Insufficient documentation submitted in support of the application. Please see website link to
'Documentation to Accompany a Visa Application' at www.inis.gov.ie

INCO: Inconsistencies e.g. contradictions in the information supplied e.g. dates / residence /
occupation / finances

OB: Obligation to return to home country not shown. No social, economic or professional ties in home country shown

OC: Observe the conditions of the visa - The visa sought is for a specific purpose and duration,
and the applicant has not satisfied the visa officer that such conditions would be observed

R: No clear link to reference has been shown

Applicant has not submitted evident she travelled outside India prior to proposed trip to Ireland. Applicant did not submit sufficient evidence of Family in India. There is high risk of Applicant remaining in Ireland

NOTE: This is her first ever international trip and has never travelled outside India which is evident from Passport

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Re: Appeal for Visa Refusal

Post by OneWorld2122 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:37 pm

OC: Observe the conditions of Visa - the Visa sought is for specific purpose and duration - the applicant has not satisfied the visa officer such conditions would be
In the invitations and the cover letter have you mentioned the declaration that the applicant will abide the visa rules , won’t over stay and won’t use state healthcare or become burden to state ? If not, this reason is enough for rejection.
Obligation to return home country not shown- e.g. Insufficient social, economic or professional ties in home country shown
You have to provide explanation and evidence to convince the officer that the person has responsibility back in country to return.

Also, trip of ‘over 2 months’ sponsored by stamp1g(graduate student/dependent) for a ‘friends’ (not family) to come on visit visa and bringing ‘rent agreement’ with her with no social obligation to return back raises some concern.