ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

partner refused by UK, now i want to try irish route

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pumpjack
Newly Registered
Ireland

partner refused by UK, now i want to try irish route

Post by Pumpjack » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:24 am

I'm going to make this as Brief and short as possible I have been with my long-term partner for approximately 4 years she is a Thai National we have good evidence of relationship bank transfers etc etc everything that the UK embassy needed but they refused her twice not once but twice even though she has been to Sweden on long-term visas before and returned in time to her home country the UK refused her to visit me in Belfast.
The reason for refusal said they did not think she would return home (what absolute rubbish )
I am from Belfast soon I will be working in a good job with a good salary I have a two-bedroom house, I might even go for a mortgage this year. Send Sam living in Belfast I will be working in Belfast maybe or maybe Dublin or maybe London wherever my job takes me but besides I am still a dual Irish British citizen. I will use my Irish passport ,. the question is ,. Can I use my address in Belfast for the application for her visitor's visa or do I need an address in the south of Ireland I mean bloody hell we live in Northern Ireland so it is the same country ,,politics aside.
So I think that is my only option unless I get married to her which will take time amidst all this covid19 nonsense. The bottom line is is we love each other and we will not be happy or content until we are with each other long term we will marry in the end as soon as I can get back to Thailand. The UK embassy have been cruel in their decision absolutely heartless this girl is not a prostitute or a bar girl she showed her papers that she was working in a hotel L4 graphs and everything in a large hotel group.
In short what would you do please advise me, I'm running out of time. Any decent visa agents in Ireland or Thailand or any decent links you can provide any help at all.
Thank you so much in advance

Nala2021
Greece

Re: partner refused by UK, now i want to try irish route

Post by Nala2021 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:29 am

Pumpjack wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:24 am
I'm going to make this as Brief and short as possible I have been with my long-term partner for approximately 4 years she is a Thai National we have good evidence of relationship bank transfers etc etc everything that the UK embassy needed but they refused her twice not once but twice even though she has been to Sweden on long-term visas before and returned in time to her home country the UK refused her to visit me in Belfast.
The reason for refusal said they did not think she would return home (what absolute rubbish )
I am from Belfast soon I will be working in a good job with a good salary I have a two-bedroom house, I might even go for a mortgage this year. Send Sam living in Belfast I will be working in Belfast maybe or maybe Dublin or maybe London wherever my job takes me but besides I am still a dual Irish British citizen. I will use my Irish passport ,. the question is ,. Can I use my address in Belfast for the application for her visitor's visa or do I need an address in the south of Ireland I mean bloody hell we live in Northern Ireland so it is the same country ,,politics aside.
So I think that is my only option unless I get married to her which will take time amidst all this covid19 nonsense. The bottom line is is we love each other and we will not be happy or content until we are with each other long term we will marry in the end as soon as I can get back to Thailand. The UK embassy have been cruel in their decision absolutely heartless this girl is not a prostitute or a bar girl she showed her papers that she was working in a hotel L4 graphs and everything in a large hotel group.
In short what would you do please advise me, I'm running out of time. Any decent visa agents in Ireland or Thailand or any decent links you can provide any help at all.
Thank you so much in advance
With all the well meaning possible, this forum is not made of solicitors and barristers, and personally, I am wary of those that sound or give advice as such. You really need to think of some way to get hold of legal advice, be it free, or paid to get the best possible outcome for your case.

nisi
Ireland

Post by nisi » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:25 am

As far as I'm aware, a visa issued by the Irish state is not valid for entry into the United Kingdom, unless they're a Indian or Chinese national covered by https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... isa-scheme

Given this, I don't see how/why the Irish state would issue a visa to visit someone with a Belfast address.

Even if you could procure a visitor visa from the Republic of Ireland then your partner could enter the RoI, but wouldn't be allowed to enter Northern Ireland. Whilst checks on the border are rare (although I was on a bus that was stopped and IDs checked about 10 years ago), if they crossed into Northern Ireland without a valid visa they would be in the UK illegally.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:27 pm

You cannot use an NI address for a ROI visa application. Nor does the Irish visa entitle her to visit NI.

Furthermore, Ireland and the UK share immigration data, so the two visa refusals will be visible to the Irish counterpart. Without being able to address these refusals, it’s unlikely that she will be approved an Irish visitor visa.

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Post by OneWorld2122 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:29 pm

If your partner visa is rejecting as officer is not convinced she will return to her home country after the trip then you need to address this point and reapply.

there will be a reason why officer felt like this and she need to provide more proof, evidence and reason for her return - going to solicitor may help but still need to collect all possible reason with proof to convince officer that your partner will abide immigration laws.

Ireland, UK or European countries share their immigration data and also need to specify in the visa form - if ever any country Visa she applied and was rejected, so it’s clear her Irish visa will also be rejected and you will make it more difficult to travel to UK and EU for her.