ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please don't ignore my message

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Exquisit33

Visa extension for terminal patients parents

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:14 am

So my mother in law and father in law were granted 6 months visit visa to meet my husband (their son) who is palliative with terminal cancer. The visa will expire in March and she is due to return with her husband.

My husband's health continues to deteriorate and he would like to have his mother stay a bit longer as he is really unwell. Initially on the application we put 1 month stay however due to his health getting worse they are still in the UK and the visa expires in March.

Is there anyway this can be achieved? Would the sponsor need to provide further supporting evidence again?

As our case is a genuine one would it be possible to get an extension?

Please help.
Allah is the greatest!

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Visa extension for terminal patients parents

Post by manci » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:13 am

There are no provisions in the immigration rules for extending a visitor visa in the circumstances you describe.

In fact your in-laws may face questions if and when they apply for another UK visa because they stayed longer than the 1 month they declared in their visitor visa applications.

The only possibility for an extension of their stay may be to apply for leave outside the rules (LOTR) on compelling compassionate grounds but this is not a straightforward process and would require medical supporting documentation. Also, the outcome is uncertain unless there are precedents for such cases that I am unaware of.

From the LOTR guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... le-version

LOTR on compelling compassionate grounds may be granted where the decision maker decides that the specific circumstances of the case includes exceptional circumstances. These circumstances will mean that a refusal would result in unjustifiably harsh consequences for the applicant or their family, but which do not render refusal a breach of ECHR Article 8, Article 3, refugee convention or other obligations.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

Exquisit33

Please don't ignore my message

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:36 pm

Can someone please help me.

My husband is terminally ill and doctors have given him a few months to live due to the type of cancer he has. He is therefore Palliative.

I applied for a 6 months visit visa for his mother and father and the visa is expiring this month. They are due to return back to Pakistan and its proving very difficult for my husband and his parents to say goodbye. I contacted our MP and provided the office with a letter from the Consultant's to say that due to covid his parents were unable to spend enough time with him as he had been hospitalised for most of the time they have been here. For that reason to kindly extend their visas.

Now fast forward the Homeoffice has written back to the MP infact the very next day they replied saying saying my in law's did not meet the requirements to get an extension.

Can someone please advise on what we can do from from here?
Would it be wise to reapply for a new visit visit once they return and if so would you reckon they will be granted a visit visa again?

Would a longer visit visa be a better option? Or is there another route? If so what is this called?

We are going through a very difficult time. We have 3 small children under 10.

Thank you.
Allah is the greatest!

vinny

Re: Please don't ignore my message

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:04 pm

Some applicants on another board have reported success in requesting exceptional assurances, for non-Covid reasons, when there were exceptional circumstances.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.