ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion on naturalization applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SBB900
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re: General discussion on naturalization applications

Post by SBB900 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:09 pm

I have replied HO but still haven’t heard back. Any reason for the delay?

kairee
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by kairee » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:47 am

Hi,
Out of curiosity for those waiting over 6 months. When did you all apply. I have still not heard a thing and I applied in March 2021. Thank you

themisc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by themisc » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:46 pm

kairee wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:47 am
Hi,
Out of curiosity for those waiting over 6 months. When did you all apply. I have still not heard a thing and I applied in March 2021. Thank you
GF applied 1 year ago... still nothing proper. Several chasers sent throughout the second half of the the year, MP involved, just one generic response back in September so far.

kairee
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by kairee » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:15 am

themisc wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:46 pm
kairee wrote:
Hi,
GF applied 1 year ago... still nothing proper. Several chasers sent throughout the second half of the the year, MP involved, just one generic response back in September so far.

Oh wow that’s a long time. Hope we can all get the good news soon.

prs
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by prs » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:08 pm

themisc wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:46 pm
kairee wrote:
Hi,
is it worth to try the PAP letter?

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Post by Aerotony » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:59 pm

I just received the invitation 30 minutes ago. I would like to thank everyone for your help during the past few months. The process was extremely stressful and I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety for the uncertainties in future and the application has contributed a big share of this. I would like to tell the other applicants that still waiting now, don’t let the thing that you are unable to control dominate your life and destroy your mental health. Try to forget about it and do something you enjoy while waiting. Good luck!

Setmilr987
United Kingdom

Post by Setmilr987 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:24 pm

Hello Members,
Can any one tell which email address to contact the HO, once 6 months have passed for naturalization application.

Thanking you in advance.

opinion19903214
Newly Registered
Luxembourg

Post by opinion19903214 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:08 pm

Setmilr987 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:24 pm
Hello Members,
Can any one tell which email address to contact the HO, once 6 months have passed for naturalization application.

Thanking you in advance.

Phonenumber: 03007906268 option 2 - 4 - 2 - 2

Or you can email them at: FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Setmilr987
United Kingdom

Post by Setmilr987 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:18 pm

@opinion19903214 Thank you so much. Highly appreciated.

It's been six months and I have not recieved any correspondence/update from the home office.

I believe, my application was super straightforward. 5 years same catagory + ILR , no gap, no overstaying, no complex immigration history, no convictions, not spent more than 14 days outside of the UK but still waiting for more than six month to get the decesion. Just wondering, what kind of application queue system HO has where some applicants get the decesion within 6 to 8 weeks and some are waiting for months and years.

I have seen here on the forum that many applicants who have passed the six months timeline and HO replied to everyone with the same response/excuse.

I will also give a try and will see what they response.

daku
Albania

Post by daku » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:28 pm

Same here. Waiting since August. It is unbelievable that you can’t actually track your application giving the amount you pay. What makes it more despicable is people who have applied after get the response before you. I think it depends on who is dealing with the case.

Guzz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Guzz » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:11 pm

Setmilr987 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:18 pm

It's been six months and I have not recieved any correspondence/update from the home office.

I believe, my application was super straightforward. 5 years same catagory + ILR , no gap, no overstaying, no complex immigration history, no convictions, not spent more than 14 days outside of the UK but still waiting for more than six month to get the decesion. Just wondering, what kind of application queue system HO has where some applicants get the decesion within 6 to 8 weeks and some are waiting for months and years.

I have seen here on the forum that many applicants who have passed the six months timeline and HO replied to everyone with the same response/excuse.

Hi, I am also waiting over 6 months now with not a single piece of information having ever been passed onto myself since i made the application (12 June 2021). I have emailed HO immediately on the 13th with no response to date.

I’d be most grateful if you could let me know whether your enquiries bring any joy!

blueivy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by blueivy » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:01 pm

Hi there,
can someone help me please.

i am in a process of applying for my citzenship, i havent disclosed my expiry penalty points (still on a record for one year) in my application but having a second i think i should have.
i can still withdrawal my appliaction as i havent submitted any documents yet etc.
so whats the best way to resolve this. should i re apply again or write them a letter with explaination when i come to submite my documents.
many thanks

Setmilr987
United Kingdom

Post by Setmilr987 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:16 pm

Guzz wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:11 pm
Setmilr987 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:18 pm

Hi, I am also waiting over 6 months now with not a single piece of information having ever been passed onto myself since i made the application (12 June 2021). I have emailed HO immediately on the 13th with no response to date.

I’d be most grateful if you could let me know whether your enquiries bring any joy!

I have just sent an email today to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk.

Recieved an automated reply that " we will respond your enquiry within 20 working days"

My application date was 7th July, 2021 and today six months has been completed.

I will post here once they replied. I do not have any expectations that they will tell my specific reason of delay in decesion. I can tell that they will send a generic response, such as; due to covid-19 or waiting for external enquires or complex issues and so on :roll:

Fs222
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Fs222 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:28 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm hoping someone can help me please

We are looking to apply for my husbands British citizenship and don't have a clue where to start.

He has IRL, an esol skills for life entry 3 certificate dated 2014 which I think is OK as if I remember this was used for irl too.
What other documents do we need?
What are the questions like on the form etc?

I was looking for an option to upload pic of the certificate but can't find one?

The certificate is a
PEARSON
EDEXCEL
Entry level certificate
Skills for life (listening and speaking)
Level attained - entry 3.

Will this do or does he need something different?

I've had a look online and getting mixed responses.

What other documents are needed?
Doing my research atm before applying.

Thank you 😊

tapera
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by tapera » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:17 pm

I applied in May 2021 , nothing has come back. Got an email in November just telling me they will not be processing in the 6 months normal period and they will let me know in due course. I have no idea why this is the case. I can see other people receiving their results barely a month after application...really inconsistent of HO.

Farali786
United Kingdom

Post by Farali786 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:09 pm

Same situation here. I did apply on 1st May and Biometric on 28th May. I am still waiting for an answer. I did send them an email and they said that my application is under process as normal and once the decision is made I will be notified. I have also involved my MP but no result. Don't know how they prioritized applications but it is really frustrating.

tapera
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by tapera » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:47 pm

Farali786 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:09 pm
Same situation here. I did apply on 1st May and Biometric on 28th May. I am still waiting for an answer. I did send them an email and they said that my application is under process as normal and once the decision is made I will be notified. I have also involved my MP but no result. Don't know how they prioritized applications but it is really frustrating.
I have not even bothered with the MP route. I also have been a refugee prior to my ILR and anecdote ( and I have no reason to disbelieve it given past events e.g Windrush ) has it that there are deliberate delays by the HO for those on that route… so just resigned to my fate …. no amount of screaming will bring that decision any closer.

Funny … my bios were on May 29th … let’s see if we get decisions at the same time

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:34 am

dear members,

I have a council ceremony email for citizenship but have not received the home office approval letter or email, my spouse received the email that states that she should provide home office letter(email) for the ceremony.
has anyone had the similar situation? will I be allowed to attend the ceremony without the home office email? please advise

Brazos
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Brazos » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:11 pm

Brazos wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:47 pm
Vin82 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:23 pm
Got this mail from Atlas:
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

We expect to make a decision on your application by date, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

What does that mean ? How much more delay expected?
I got the same email about a week ago. I applied on 07 June 2021 on spousal route with a pretty straightforward application with no issues. Anybody else who got a similar email followed by an approval, just to shed some light as to how much time it usually takes to get a decision after such kind of an email from home office. So frustrating, this waiting game. Hopefully soon.
After that, I raised an SAR with home office with no response up till now, involved my local MP on 14th Dec and also raised an official complaint with home office on 20th December.
Received survey email on 6th January, Thursday and got email to book ceremony (includes approval) this morning at 0940. Finally after 7 months and 4 days. And luckily was booked in for a group ceremony for tomorrow. Really happy. Best of luck to those who are waiting as it's the hardest part and often leads to some very stressful days but know that it's going to come through. This forum has not only been helpful but also served as emotionally supportive. Especial thanks to the moderators and members who have always been there for others.

Setmilr987
United Kingdom

Post by Setmilr987 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:55 pm

Brazos wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:11 pm
Brazos wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:47 pm
Vin82 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:23 pm
Got this mail from Atlas:
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

We expect to make a decision on your application by date, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

What does that mean ? How much more delay expected?
I got the same email about a week ago. I applied on 07 June 2021 on spousal route with a pretty straightforward application with no issues. Anybody else who got a similar email followed by an approval, just to shed some light as to how much time it usually takes to get a decision after such kind of an email from home office. So frustrating, this waiting game. Hopefully soon.
After that, I raised an SAR with home office with no response up till now, involved my local MP on 14th Dec and also raised an official complaint with home office on 20th December.
Received survey email on 6th January, Thursday and got email to book ceremony (includes approval) this morning at 0940. Finally after 7 months and 4 days. And luckily was booked in for a group ceremony for tomorrow. Really happy. Best of luck to those who are waiting as it's the hardest part and often leads to some very stressful days but know that it's going to come through. This forum has not only been helpful but also served as emotionally supportive. Especial thanks to the moderators and members who have always been there for others.

Hi Brazos,

Glad to hear that, you have finally recieved your decesion after 7 months.

Could you please share where (email address or form/ link )to launch offical complaint, once six months have passed.

Brazos
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Brazos » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:41 pm

Setmilr987
United Kingdom

Post by Setmilr987 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:29 pm

zamanam

Post by zamanam » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:51 am

Hi Brazos

Many congratulations for getting registered now.

We also received survey email from home office but no update yet.

Can you please confirm if you hit survey email first and i
Is it usual to get survey before decision.

Did you call HO as well if so which number.

Thank you

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Is any Toeic victim waiting for citizenship ,we are since may2021

Post by Evicra » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:08 am

Hi my wife got TOIEC refusal overturned in court after around 5 year ij multiple court battles and got her visa then ILR . Now waiting for citizenship since may 2021. Anyone here is going through same scenario?

And is this delay because of this toeic?

Thanks everyone who read it.

Vinved21
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Vinved21 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:26 pm

After 7 months 10 days of wait I got this mail from home office :

"We can confirm that a decision has been made on your application(s) and that you should receive a letter from ourselves in due course.
We hope this provides you with some clarification."

Does that mean I will get a letter posted for the decision ?
Anybody got any idea on how long will it take from this time onwards?