ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport supporting documents confusion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Raf1606
Newly Registered

British passport supporting documents confusion

Post by Raf1606 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:46 pm

Hi,
I am asked to send the following documents:
- naturalisation or registration certificate
- the passport used to enter the UK
- any current or expired passports from other countries that haven’t been cancelled.

Do they mean my foreign expired passport I used to enter the UK 15 years ago?
I have two foreign expired passports which are obviously no longer valid and my current foreign passport. Do I need to send all 3 of them or just the current valid one.
They say: "current or expired that haven't been cancelled" but obviously expired ones are no longer valid and not sure if they need them.
"Passport used to enter the UK" is it when I entered the UK first time or last time? A bit confused. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British passport supporting documents confusion

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:52 pm

All uncancelled passports must be sent.

Expired is not the same as cancelled!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Raf1606
Newly Registered

Post by Raf1606 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:51 pm

Thanks for your input! I have just googled the difference between expired and cancelled. Some of my old passports have holes made by embassy in order to void them I assume. I'll just send them all and let the passport office decide what they need.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:34 pm

Passport with holes punched, and/or corner cut, and/or stamped VOID, etc are cancelled passports.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.