ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expiring passport and IRP

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

frankie36
Ireland

Expiring passport and IRP

Post by frankie36 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:35 pm

Hi guys,
My non EU husband’s passport and EU1 are expiring at the end of January. He applied for a new passport before Xmas but was told by the embassy there will be a delay of 3 months before he receives a new one due to covid. He has applied for EU3 as he will have 5 years residency in March. We were wondering if he should request an extension to his expiring IRP now or can he wait until he receives his new passport given the extension of IRPs to May 2022?

Thanks
Frankie

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Re: Expiring passport and IRP

Post by raja.brit » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:05 am

frankie36 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:35 pm
Hi guys,
My non EU husband’s passport and EU1 are expiring at the end of January. He applied for a new passport before Xmas but was told by the embassy there will be a delay of 3 months before he receives a new one due to covid. He has applied for EU3 as he will have 5 years residency in March. We were wondering if he should request an extension to his expiring IRP now or can he wait until he receives his new passport given the extension of IRPs to May 2022?

Thanks
Frankie
Permissions are already extended till May 31st. So I wouldn't request for one.

https://justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PR21000306