ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(P) ROUTE No Longer Exists

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imaner
Iran

SET(P) ROUTE No Longer Exists

Post by imaner » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:16 pm

My friend had 5 year Refugee Status and it expires in 30 January. I was gonna apply for SET(P) but I couldn’t find it. Instead, there is a new form called “ Settlement Protection” which includes all people with Humanitarian, Refugees and Discretionary status.

Also, in this new form, you’re asked to take a picture with ur phone, scan ir BRP chip and verify ur self with the home office app and at the end, it doesn’t ask to make an appointment for Visa Centre to do biometric and finger print.

So, Am I right? Has SET(P) changed to this new form? Have I done the right form for friend of mine?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: SET(P) ROUTE No Longer Exists

Post by ywlgy » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:29 pm

It is still Set(P) https://www.gov.uk/settlement-refugee-o ... tion/apply
Whether to use the app or attend appointment depends on a number of factors detailed in the link.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

imaner
Iran

Post by imaner » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:30 pm

ywlgy wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:29 pm
It is still Set(P) https://www.gov.uk/settlement-refugee-o ... tion/apply
Whether to use the app or attend appointment depends on a number of factors detailed in the link.
Yes, as I said it's not as the same one before. It used to be SET(P) but now it's changed to SET Protection with different questions and procedures.

Marie Marten
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Marie Marten » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:14 pm

Hi imaner,

So, in the end, you submit Set(p) or settlement protection form, and did you get an appointment with the visa center and any supporting document you need to submit with Settlement protection?

Thank you.

Marie M

imaner
Iran

Post by imaner » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:27 am

Marie Marten wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:14 pm
Hi imaner,

So, in the end, you submit Set(p) or settlement protection form, and did you get an appointment with the visa center and any supporting document you need to submit with Settlement protection?

Thank you.

Marie M
Yes, that’s correct. This is the new system launched from the first of January 2022

Marie Marten
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Marie Marten » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:47 am

Hi imaner,

Hope u ok.

Did you get any feedback from HO or not yet? I am about to finish my application with ID checker UKIV and Im in the documents stage.

I hope to find your reply and give me final advice from you about this App.

Best regards,

Marie